ForumsNewsSharing, Searching and Goal improvements

Sharing, Searching and Goal improvements
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Today we are releasing some improvements to three areas of Toodledo.

1) Sharing/Collaboration privacy improvements. It is now possible to make private contexts and goals, which will cause tasks with those private contexts/goals to not be shared with people who you are collaborating with.

2) Folder, Context and Goal pages have been slightly redesigned. The goal page received most of the effort. You can now see more of the goal on one line. This will be nice for people with long goal names. The chain (Pro Subscribers only) is now always visible without having to toggle to reveal it. The note icon now changes state to reflect if a goal has a note or not. Also, it is now possible to jump from the goal management page directly to the tasks in that goal.

3) Advanced search and multi-edit supports more options. You can now search on whether a task has an alarm or not. You can also use multi-edit to set the alarm. We have also added two new search options for dates and times (exists, and doesn't exist) which find tasks that have any date, and those without any date. This was technically possible before by using the "date is ___" and then leaving the field blank, but most people didn't know you could do that. The new options are more intuitive. We have also fixed a bug with date searching that would cause a search on "before [any date]" to match tasks that were dateless.
dannyw0011

Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the improvements, especially no. 3 for me
GS

Score: 2 Reference
Thanks for the work on the folders page but you omitted the only improvement that I am looking for: moving the "No Folder" page to the first tab. Don't you see that having it hidden (if you have more tabs than fit on the screen) ruins GTD with Toodledo? No Folder = Inbox and it should be the first tab on the left.
eykanal

Posted: Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for the improvements. Unfortunately, the visual improvements to the goal page seem a step backwards... instead of reducing complexity, and allowing the user to choose when to display something, you made it always visible, reducing available screen real estate and adding visual cruft. Could you at least add an option to have it toggle-based, the way it was? Thanks!
Salgud

Posted: Apr 28, 2011
thanks for some great additions!
clango

Posted: May 01, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
+1 for your request even if I'd like to have the same in the context. No context=Inbox

In the context you can see only in the second page

Posted by GS:
Thanks for the work on the folders page but you omitted the only improvement that I am looking for: moving the "No Folder" page to the first tab. Don't you see that having it hidden (if you have more tabs than fit on the screen) ruins GTD with Toodledo? No Folder = Inbox and it should be the first tab on the left.
BW

Posted: May 03, 2011
Posted by eykanal:
Thanks for the improvements. Unfortunately, the visual improvements to the goal page seem a step backwards... instead of reducing complexity, and allowing the user to choose when to display something, you made it always visible, reducing available screen real estate and adding visual cruft. Could you at least add an option to have it toggle-based, the way it was? Thanks!

+1
saskia.x

Posted: May 10, 2011
I haven't logged into the main site in a few weeks (been ridiculously busy with a major project where everything else just had to wait!!) so I only just noticed these changes.

Just wanted to say thank you very much for the changes to the goals page, they were exactly what I've wanted for a long time! Makes the goals page a much more useful feature for making sure I'm on track to meeting most of my goals! Little things like being able to jump directly to the tasks in each goal from the goals page make using Toodledo so much more efficient :)
stewart_1297239215

Posted: May 23, 2011
I would like to see some more improvements to GOALS & FOLDERS.

Goals are the most important thing - tasks & projects are only there to achieve the goal.

1) There are short-term & long-term goals, but no medium term goals. There is a big difference between them. We need a "medium-term" goals category.

2) Goals need to have dates associated with them (optionally) to help us focus specifically on benchmark & mid-point targets.

3) When a shorter-term goal CONTRIBUTES TO a longer-term goal, we should be able to see them displayed that way (nested in context). Especially helpful on the iPhone (like playlist folders).

4) Folders (Projects) contribute to goals just like tasks do. Adding a "Contributes To Goal:______" field for folders would make the whole program so much more valuable.

If you made #4 a premium feature, and displayed collapsable/expandable folders (+/-) along with tasks under the Goals tabs, I would upgrade in a SPLIT SECOND and I bet tons of others would too. (And I'm guessing that it would fit nicely with the sub-tasks premium feature.)
stewart_1297239215

Can the ToodleDo sidebar (for Firefox) be fixed? Both the categories & field data fonts are too big (and the notes field especially). It makes it hard to read, and if there are more than a few tasks on the hotlist, it makes it hard to use. Also, why not update the sidebar automatically when a change is made rather than requiring the user to refresh it manually.

Also dates need an option to display a calendar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
MacPhyle

Posted: May 24, 2011
Love the improvements - thanks for your hard work! :D
adamc

Does anyone know if there is a way to see the shared or collaberators lists on the Iphone app. I am a pro user and really need to see all of my employees tasks or at least the ones that I have assigned. Am I missing something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Collaboration is not yet supported on our iPhone app, but this is a top request and is on our roadmap.
adamc

Posted: May 25, 2011
That would be very helpful for me. I need to be able to assign and view status of my employees tasks.
sprouty76

Posted: Jul 05, 2011
Agree with some of the other posters re: the goals page being cluttered - I don't use the chain feature, and find it much harder to see what's what on there now.

Time for another custom greasemonkey script, I think.
Dean_1308085053

Posted: Jul 05, 2011
Is it possible to use the email macros in the add multiple task feature?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.