ForumsNewsUpdated Toodledo iPhone app

Updated Toodledo iPhone app
vleschweiler

Posted: Jan 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm still unclear as to the difference between tags and contexts. I use contexts to pertain to the location of the next action. How and why would I tag?
Mark.swinkels

I find the new notes behavior a regression from before. I don't have that many fields turned on and I would like the notes to be visible on the main task view. The old way with tiny scrollable note field wasn't ideal either. My preference would be for the note field to just get as big as it needs to be with the whole task view scrolling. Think reading email on the iPhone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.

Vleschweiler, the tag field is just another field that you can use however you want. If you don't want to use it, you can disable that field to reduce clutter. Its just a personal preference. It sounds like you are using contexts correctly.
dan.devlin

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
charlieblackmer - you rock! thanks. been looking for that option!

Posted: Dec 30, 2008

@rosena,
You can! Make sure the context field is selected on your iphone and away you go!. You can also use folders, and tags the same way.

Posted by rosena:
Thanks,

this app won't really be that useful to me until it can support contexts - I want to be able to click on "home" when I am at home to see what I should be doing.

This message was edited Jan 08, 2009.
gkumar

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Thanks for the great update to the Iphone app today! The badge with overdue and today together and updated sorting with due dates are great!
sjohnson

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Loving the app and the site. Couple things that would help me a great deal on the iPhone app.

I would love for phone numbers, e-mail addresses, & URL's in the notes to be clickable to dial the number, send an e-mail, or open the URL.

Any thoughts on adding that in future updates?

Thanks again! I'm happily paying for the pro subscription, loving it!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 10, 2009
Yes, we plan to make phone numbers, and addresses clickable in a future update.

Thanks
lukas.landwehr

Posted: Jan 13, 2009
I am a new user of your app. I really like it.
But what I find a bit poor, is the selection possibilities in the Iphone app. Why is ist not possible to select after context or Tags?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 13, 2009
I'm not really sure I understand what you are suggesting. Can you please elaborate?
john_galambos

Posted: Jan 14, 2009
I love this app. There is one thing that would make it perfect for me and that is to be able to apply either a global context filter, or at least filter the hotlist and the folder list by specific contexts, much like the web application. My work and home contexts get all jumbled up in the hotlist and folder lists. Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 14, 2009.
steven.riggs

Wonderful job guys! You have the best iPhone to do solution. Do you plan to have support for the notebook in a future version?
recruiter57

I like the new layout...much easier to read the notes. One thing I would love to see is the ability to see the "Notebook" on the IPhone App. Right now, I have to log into the website to see them. Please add!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is an excellent app called Notebook that is made by Appigo. It syncs perfectly with Toodledo's Notebook.

http://www.appigo.com
dsaliamonas

Posted: Jan 15, 2009
I agree with rberube that it would be great to have contact list linked to Toodledo, both on the iPhone and on my Mac.
mclown_98

Posted: Jan 19, 2009
Hi, Great app and big fan of Toodledo. Just one thing that would make it wonderful : landscape mode ;-)

Thanks.
alan

Posted: Jan 20, 2009
iPhone + Toodledo is totally changing my life, so much so that i've kicked safari out of the app stripe (whatever that's called) and replaced it with Toodledo.

i wanted to second john_galambos feature request -- having a way to globally filter by context would be amazing. the key use case for me is for the hotlist, so i can see most time sensitive tasks for the current context -- at work, at lunch, at home, online, etc. are there plans to add? or, is there another way of doing this on iphone that i haven't figured out?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
jpparnell

Posted: Jan 26, 2009
I also really need contexts on the Iphone app, other wise good product.
Claudio

Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Contexts are available in the iPhone app.

Check this out: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1288/0/tags-contexts.html
Kevin

Posted: Jan 29, 2009
Any plans to add "due time" in addition to "due date"? I would find that most helpful.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.