ForumsNews2008 In Review

2008 In Review
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Wow, have we been busy this year. Here is a list of all the major improvements that we have made in 2008:

+ Dividers between tasks can now be collapsed and expanded.
+ Columns can be resized and reordered.
+ Length and Timer fields are totaled and printed at the bottom of the page.
+ The Google Calendar Gadget was updated to use our Slim interface.
+ The Firefox add-on was updated to support Firefox 3.0 and to have an improved sidebar and better support for adding tasks.
+ Added the "advanced repeating" option for rescheduling tasks on a periodic basis. There is now much more flexibility in making repeating tasks.
+ Added an Apple Dashboard Widget, a Pageflakes Module, and a Netvibes Module to our selection of Widgets.
+ The News Page got an RSS feed.
+ These forums were created.
+ The "star" was added to allow you to quickly mark important tasks.
+ Support for file uploads was announced, along with our new Pro Plus subscription plan to support uploading and attaching files to tasks.
+ The sidebar on this website can now be minimized to save screen space.
+ Added the ability to sort on up to three different criteria at once (previously, you could only sort on 1 thing at a time).
+ A TSheets connection was added for people to keep track of their timecards.
+ The Start Date and Status fields were added.
+ The advanced search page was vastly improved to allow complex boolean searches on any field.
+ Added the ability to edit multiple tasks at once.
+ Added different color schemes or themes for you to choose for our website.
+ Added a "To-Dos only" iCal subscription option.
+ Added the Notebook section.
+ Appigo released the Todo and Notebook iPhone apps to sync with Toodledo.
+ The foldable booklet can now use A4 sized paper.
+ Our iPhone App was released and updated several times.
+ We improved subtasks by adding a subtask filter to allow them to be nested/flatted, as well as a toggle to hide/reveal all subtasks. You can now also add a new subtask faster, and you can search for subtasks.
+ Added default values for all fields, so adding new tasks will go faster.
+ Plus a TON of smaller refinements and improvements.

Phewww!

We've received numerous suggestions from all of you, and we have a lot of ideas for ways to keep improving Toodledo in 2009 and beyond. Thanks to everyone for making Toodledo a success.

Happy New Year!
npt

Posted: Dec 23, 2008
Thanks to YOU! I rediscovered Toodledo after adopting GTD; the website is great (Notebook too!), but the sync with the Toodledo and Appigo apps, is killer.
peaston

Posted: Dec 24, 2008
Congrats on a great year. I'm looking forward to see what 2009 brings. I hope it will include a Palm application so I can sync with my Palm tasks or a separate stand alone app on the Palm. Something that will allow me to access my tasks on the go, esp. when there is no Internet access, such as during a flight.
Gummi

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
The most important ones for me were:

Posted by Toodledo:

+ Dividers between tasks can now be collapsed and expanded.
+ The "star" was added to allow you to quickly mark important tasks.
+ Support for file uploads was announced, along with our new Pro Plus subscription plan to support uploading and attaching files to tasks.
+ The sidebar on this website can now be minimized to save screen space.
+ Added the ability to sort on up to three different criteria at once (previously, you could only sort on 1 thing at a time).
+ The Start Date and Status fields were added.
+ The advanced search page was vastly improved to allow complex boolean searches on any field.
+ Added the Notebook section.
+ We improved subtasks by adding a subtask filter to allow them to be nested/flatted, as well as a toggle to hide/reveal all subtasks. You can now also add a new subtask faster, and you can search for subtasks.

The amazing thing is that I almost feel that I'm using a new product, the improvements have been vast.

Congratulations on an impressive product!
sandyroos

Posted: Jan 25, 2009
Bravo! You guys are doing a great job and I wish you much success in the coming years. Here's a question: Is there a place where you tell us about things you hope to accomplish in 2009 and beyond? Or how about a place that centralizes requests you receive? It would be nice if I knew if someone else has already made the request or if there was some way we could tell how popular the request is. And if someone requests a feature, maybe you could comment on why you think the suggestion is not realistic from your perspective.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We don't comment on what's coming down the pipeline for a variety of reasons.

But I will say this. We signed up a ton of new users at the beginning of this year, presumably looking to stay organized as a new year's resolution. We were anticipating a spike, but not one as big as we got. As a result, our website has gotten a little slow, especially at peak times. Slowness isn't conducive to productivity and we won't tolerate it. So, we've been spending most of January working on optimizations and improving our infrastructure to scale more gracefully as we add more users.

Coincidentally, we are also moving to a larger office in a few weeks, so some of our time will be sucked up with that.

We hope to have all this completed by mid February so we can power ahead on all the suggestions that people have been sending us. We have big plans for 2009!
Jeremy

Thanks for the update on the status. I've been hoping for one of those update/new feature posts.

Good luck on the move and congrats on the new digs.
sohck

Posted: Jan 31, 2009
I just discovered toodledo a few days ago, after trying a few others. So far, it has been providing a good user experience. Hope the user interface can be a bit more "modernized" though. But, wait - it is the substance that counts.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.