ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
DarylGriffiths

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
First impression is that it looks good.

I particularly like
- the concept of switching Views more quickly by using Ajax
- Tabs to the sidebar (but see "don't like" below)
- new Quick Search
- LOVING filters, so much easier to use now.

I **don't** like the extra width now with the fixed-width sidebar. I've reduced the Task column but still cannot fit in all the info for each line (I don't automatically show all fields). Any work you can do to resolve this would be much appreciated!! For eg, a resizeable sidebar with "View By" changing to single column if user-resized/reduced? I would be happy to sacrifice some Project/Folder info in the sidebar if I had the option to resize the sidebar myself.

Yes, it is going to take a little time to re-learn my work patterns but it looks like it is going to be worth it.

This is a great bit of work - keep it up guys!
sprouty76

Score: 0 Reference
Liking the lists on the sidebar, makes much more sense given that it needs to be variable length.

I do agree that a little more colour would be welcome, and I also think that starred items need to be a little more prominent.
rcurry71

My default due date for new tasks is Today. However, when I use the new 'Quick Add Task' no due date is given. If I use the 'n' keyboard short-cut it works, but not in the new 'Quick Add Task' feature. I use Chrome.

I checked IE and it does not work there either.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2011.
DarylGriffiths

Score: -1 Reference
And, I also like shadow text effect on the Active and Next Task status!
emurks

Like the new look (jury is still out on usability though). In Chrome however I can't make the "stylish" warning go away. Even after uninstalling stylish and clearing my cache. How do I get rid of it?
Peter

Redesign is a major improvement - congratulations. The best feature is moving the tabs from the top to the left sidebar. Massive improvement.
Jonas

Posted by isaachess:
One problem: when adding a task with a due date, if I type in the due date (such as "today") and hit "enter," it does not add the task as it used to do. (This is in Chrome.)

This bugs me as well. Please fix it.

Also, what rcurry 71 said.
daniele.matteucci

Ops, another very important info now missing:
total number of tasks.

It is very important for me to check if my Nokia phone synced via outlook has the same number (sometimes the sync is not well done :()!
Juan_Garcia

Score: -2 Reference
Good job. I was expecting and improvement in calendar view, and here it is.

business1

As a UX designer with a dozen years experience, I wanna chime in with "THIS ROCKS!" Great job! I was startled at first by the changes - especially flipping the top and left navigation regions. But it only took 3 minutes of exploration to get comfortable. Everything is easier to find and use.
vinnie.velo

Score: 8 Reference
Can the left side bar be hidden (as was previously the case)? In this new design, I'm forced to scroll horizontally.

Understood that many people have wide screens. But not all of us.

update:
Trying to make this work:
• I narrowed several columns and deleted several others. I can get the side bar and the list of my tasks into 1024 pixels (with less information than I previously had).
• the right-most column (which has the trashcan and the toggle for the task detail) cannot be resized so there is a lot of wasted space there. In addition, I don't see a way to hide that column--I can hide the trash, but not the icon to expand into detail view (please advise if I am mistaken).
• why wasn't there any advance notice? Or did I just miss it?

zsterling

Thank You!
I'm still playing around, but so far it seems much better and cleaner.
Dave Philpott

Score: -2 Reference
What a suprise on my last refresh - and I love it!
Mark.M

This is like Christmas in July! What a great update. You guys are doing a great job.
tbaker

Score: 5 Reference
I love the new layout, but the color scheme is to Gray. The flyouts for calendars and whatnot are still colored and it doesn't seem to fit.
Rose

Excellent! I especially love that overdue tasks are now shown as red.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 5 Reference
I am glad that the general response is positive. It took months of work, and I am happy that most of you like it.

We will be re-adding "themes" or "skins" at a later date. Also, we will be exploring ways to allow the left column to be minimized when not needed. We did a lot of testing, but there still might be some small kinks to work out. For example, we already fixed the bug reported above that was causing the return key to not work when adding a new task.

Tell your friends, and please keep the feedback coming.
gerelee.howard

Score: 3 Reference
Well, I'm having a little anxiety attack, but I think I'll survive.

When I found and started using Toodledo, I noticed a "for real" decrease in my stress level. No joke. It was that helpful. I attribute this to the Hotlist and the tagging features and the very very very simple UI.

My first observation is the disconnect between the view and the view's label. Before, the tabs were directly above the view and there was no denying what you were looking at. Seeing the view label on the side, and seeing it highlighted in such a faint way, is worrisome. I hope I get used to it.

The Add Task button, although it's bigger and closer to the action on the upper left doesn't look very clickable. On rollover, the text changes from one grey to another slightly different grey.

The darker color scheme grabs my attention unnecessarily. The older UI had no major dark spots anywhere and so my eye wasn't drawn anywhere arbitrary. The dark gray bands and the dark blue band on top keeps grabbing me for no good reason.
Again, I'll try to get used to it! :-)

Going back to my list to poke around some more.

Will the old UI be available, by chance?

emurks

It appears the Feedly Extension confuses Toodledo into thinking Stylish is still running. Disabled and the warning is gone. But now no more feedly :(

Posted by emurks:
Like the new look (jury is still out on usability though). In Chrome however I can't make the "stylish" warning go away. Even after uninstalling stylish and clearing my cache. How do I get rid of it?
manning

This is a huge improvement, I love it! I was concerned you weren't paying enough attention to the UI, and losing potential new users. I love ToodleDo and want to see it continue forever.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.