ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Manbeard

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
First impression is that it's amazing! Thanks for the much need improvement! Will comment again once I get a chance to really play with it :-)
mikekoelzer

Score: -2 Reference
Excellent! Awesome!
bcunning68

Love the new design. I will get to explore more tonight and provide some additional feedback. When will We see the option to open attachements from the iPhone app?
ScottMNC

Score: -1 Reference
Having trouble printing my list now. Yesterday was wonderful, today not good.
Mr. J.

Score: 7 Reference
It is a nice redesign but it is too bad you didn't solicit some feedback in advance on some of the decisions. Clearly hiding the taskbar is huge. And is there really a problem with color? I'd prefer to not have all the icons gray and would like at least a couple color schemes to be available as before.

Lastly, you really should have sent us an e-mail in advance that a new design was coming. It is a great job and I, along with the many other people posting, am glad to see you putting the effort in to keep this a great product / service. But please give us advanced notice in the future via e-mail.

Thank you for the hard work.
ScottMNC

Score: 5 Reference
Also the list view is too wide for my monitor. I have to scroll to the right to see due dates. Would be nice if it fit or if not, to be able to hide the left side control panel.
emontellese

Score: 1 Reference
First off -- love the redesign!

One request though -- can the quick-add box take the special syntax that the email import does? This would make it faster to quickly add new tasks without having to tab through the options.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

This message was edited Jul 26, 2011.
jamezzz

Very nice! I think the new design hit the mark. It seems more efficient to me and certainly "modernizes" the look and feel of the app. Been playing with it a bit and I'm finding it very intuitive. Nice job!
robusto_tony

I'm really feeling the new design!
sprouty76

Score: 2 Reference
I think the icon for when a task has a note needs to stand out more - it's not very distinctive visually.
stevemeister

Score: 5 Reference
I like it!

Two things though:
1. I liked it when the left menu bar was "collapsible" which really helps us folks with the non-widescreens.
2. The individual pages in the "tools" menu are indented towards the right except for the "statistics" page. I like the non-indentation of the statistics page because, again, it doesn't cause me to have to scroll to the right.

JPR

Very nice job.

I think your "point-by-point explanation of our design decisions" should be required reading.
Björn Scheppler

Score: 4 Reference
A lot of improvements - many thanks. Most I like the speed (AJAX) and the vertical tabs. It would be nice, if one can choose the colors, because now it looks a bit too "business"-like with the lot of grey.
cyrilmanning

Love it. Nice work! But please allow us to hide/collapse the left-hand column. That's a huge help for keeping the screen footprint small.

One other thing -- the "click for actions" icon is a little too big and intrusive. It is competing with the Star (which actually gives you info about your item. An icon that is purely about functionality and not an indicator should be less distracting.

sprouty76

Oh, the favicon is still the old checkmark :)
Cre84Him

Love the redesign!
Judus Floratos

Liking the redesign so far...Good job!
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
TD - you guys really threw me a curve this morning! I was using the beta as I have been for days, and when I tried to go to the forums at lunch, I couldn't log in. Kept trying and trying, finally decided to come to the regular site, and Voila! Bit of a surprise.

I want to add my impressions to others, as I've been using the beta for a few days. It took a few hours, but since then, I find everything faster and easier. I can get most anywhere in a couple of clicks, very little mousing about and running through menus. A couple of times in the last couple of days, I've returned to the old TD and found it confusing and frustrating, even though I've been using it for over a year. Not to mention the new look. It still may not be the prettiest task manager around, but at least I don't feel ashamed to be seen in public with it anymore. :) I like how it looks and how it works much, much better than old TD.

Thanks again to the TD folks. This is a huge improvement, and I think it will attract a lot of users who were put off by the interface, understandably. In fact, when I first looked at TD a couple of years ago, I went to RTM instead, mostly based on the look and feel. I don't think I'd have made the same decision had TD looked as it does now. I hope others feel the same way. Congratulations on a great job!
andreas.knoor

Score: 8 Reference
Great job - really!

But please give us back the ability to "Hide the left sidebar".
Pilar_G

Score: 3 Reference
Having tasks highlighted according to their priority level was very useful. Now all tasks look the same and you have to look at the priority column to see the level. Please change that, it is a big loss...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.