ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
louise_1297540325

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Congratulations on the new redesign. Fabulous!

I do have one complaint, though. It is now *much* harder to tell if I've added notes/details to a task. I'm not sure... are there a couple of red lines in the icon now if there's a note attached? I'm not sure I'm seeing it right --it's that hard to see!

I used to really depend on that little icon on the right hand side. But now I have to type in the word "notes" at the end of a task title to let me know I've added a comment. Otherwise I'd just miss it. Can you make that icon change in a more obvious way when there's a note attached --maybe have it turn all red?

thanks!
jeanniestumne

Score: -1 Reference
I like the new design!
russelldad

Score: 1 Reference
Overall the change is a big improvement. There are a few areas where things have decreased in usability.

1) Scrolling & Invisible tasks - The new scrolling inside a window is frustrating. At a glance the task list just ends before reaching the bottom of the page. Multiple times today I thought, "Wow! This list is getting so short!" Only to realize later it was just hidden by the new scroll inside a window UI. I prefer the GMAIL approach. the content should scroll infinitely or at the very least passed the bottom of the page.

2) Task Details icon. The icon difference between there are notes in this task and there aren't is really hard to see. It needs a lot more contrast.

3) Color - the gray color theme is just sad. It makes the task list look painful instead of the old happy color. Didn't there used to be a color theme option?
V for Vendetta

LOVE IT guys! At least you heard us ;) I small thing to add though. Could we add a few colors? You don't have to go overboard and offer pink, yellow, orange etc. just 2-3 options like blue, gray, black/white? Shouldn't be to much work. Maybe you could start a little competition were the winner gets 2 years free of service or something. Cuts down the cost on your side and pleases the users even more.
coreyirwin

Posted by johnd1041:
How can I add color back. I don't like the gray. I liked the old layout. I still have to check out the new features.

I also prefer some color because it makes for easier visualization and pinpointing of tasks. Is there any way you can bring this back, or at least add it as an option for those who'd like a color version? Thanks!
rmwade55

I don't know if this is a ToodleDo thing or a problem with Chrome, but I'll pass it along anyway. Hovering the cursor over a foreshortened task name will evoke a pop-up with the full task. It's really inconsistent in Chrome, mostly with sub-tasks. Sometimes they appear quickly; sometimes I have to try a few times. To expand the column means pushing other columns off the screen to the right.
MM1772

Wow. I thought I had navigated to the wrong website! Very impressive, and I'm looking forward to getting used to your new design.

As a technical writer, I'm quite aware of the decisions and trade-offs in user interface design. It's impossible to design a "one size fits all" interface. I'm sure that there will be some things that drive me nutty, but I doubt they'll be major!

Thanks!
sheanon

Score: 3 Reference
+1 Please restore the left sidebar hide functionality!
michael.kapfer

the new design is awesome!
brevious

Good work - It looks great ! agree with first improvement proposals... looking forward to seing this in action.
Keep the good work.
reflectory

Great new design!!! Keep up the good work!!!
MBLAISDELL

In general I'm very happy with the new design. I am sorry that we lost the ability to see the number of tasks, though - and would love to see that feature return. [EDITED to note that I just discovered it's an option which is now off by default, but easily changed.]

This message was edited Jul 26, 2011.
chmgarb

I have to give my thumbs down vote on the graphics. The black lettering over the dark gray are hard to read. The thin letters over the lighter gray is also not easy to read. I also don't like the fact that when a task is expanded it just looks like a big blank sheet of paper with things aligned but no lines or boxes to delineate the location of things (unless the pointer is over the task, then it turns into MORE GRAY).

And it is just so DULL and depressing!! I guess the Borg did assimilate Toodledo :)

I haven't used it much but I do like the Notebook
tab on the top. I will provide more "like" feedback as I use it more. I'm sure there are useful features in there. I just don't like the boring colors.

And who says Engineers can't make a useful (and aesthetic) layout. The previous one was quite good in my opinion :)
eder

Thank you very much for new design! I am very pleased, really much! :)
pomodorino

Thank You!!! It's beautiful. You did a fantastic job, the new look and features are awesome.

It's quick, responsive: thank you.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
Chris_45

Overall, I think the redesign is great, well done guys!

I can see why people would like the left bar hide option available - personally I used Stylish to create that functionality before so I'm not too bothered.

The graphics are a minor thing for me, but I do agree they're a little drab - the blue on the top bar is nice, a theme based around that would look good.

Someone else mentioned this earlier - I'd really REALLY like to see Quick Add include the functionality of the email syntax so we could add to-dos by just typing rather than clicking the mouse. Would be totally awesome - Remember the Milk does it the moment, so don't be outdone by them! :)
brendanpb

Score: 0 Reference
is anyone else having trouble getting a full list to print when printing from firefox? i can only get one and a bit page to print, looks like maybe a frame issue? didn't have this problem with old design ...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the continued feedback. We are taking it all in and will use it to guide us going forwards.

Based on several comments above, we have just made a slight change to the note icon that shows if a task has or doesn't have a note. It should now be easier to distinguish between the two states.
MBLAISDELL

After seeing a number of comments about "drab" colors/graphics I have to add that I think that the new color scheme is more professional looking, and I hope that doesn't change.
mamccarthy

This looks great! Thanks Jake & Team.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.