ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
s73fan

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Wow, the new Design is great!

I'm using Toodledo quite a while and after a thorough comparison to "remember the milk" I got a Toodledo Pro Subscription some months ago ... the only thing i didn't like on Toodledo was the layout. But now it is great :-)

Thanks a lot,
Stefan
pol_1305575348

I don't see anymore the bold for high priority. For me it is a huge loss of visual information! I understand the elegance of the homogeneous layout (I'm not an engineer, I'm an architect ;) but it must improve the visual information, not damage it. Is it possible to have it back at least as an option?
liaoqianghua

Score: -1 Reference
Good looking and eaiser to use, thanks for update!
woklist

Nice, but basically unusable for someone with a screen smaller than 1920px wide.

And since I only have 1344 - baut luck.

Wolfgang
MacPhyle

Awesome job!! :D
Bram.

Score: 2 Reference
Printing issue is with IE8 as well. Only prints the part of the list that is showing in the currrent pane, not the whole list. This is a major pain and needs to be addressed quickly.

Also, when you set the defaults for a new task, it seems to ignore the date selection (I set to current date in the settings, but no date put on new task) - not such a pain.

Heading in a good direction to streamline the interface.
guidosim

Score: 0 Reference
Great job!
One thing I'm missing in MULTILINE FORMAT is the highlighting of text based on priority (using different types of "bold text").
In my opinion this a very important feature since you cannot spot at first glance those tasks which are "top priority" and you need to SHOW DETAILS in order to get their priority.

Also, when you move to GRID FORMAT, you cannot access the details of the single task (unless I'm missing this feature).
You can only use the button SHOW DETAILS which applies to the entire list of tasks.
This looks a little cumbersome to me.

All in all, the redesign looks great.
Bravo! :)
pomodorino

I need to say it again: You guys are awesome. The new UI is fantastic.

I find most everything I need with very few clicks and far less screen refreshs than before (it's very fast).

And it is beatiful.

Thank you.

(very happy pro plus user)
iCraigt

Looks very good. It has transformed the use of Toodledo on the web for me, it's much more organised, clean and easier to navigate.

Really great design, thank you for continuing to make Toodledo the best To Do service out there.

@craigt44
slaviphone

At first it looks better, but after using it there are a couple of problems:

1. Top navigation is best for navigation around the tasks. How often do I person need to go to the forum or tools compared with go to a certain folder or view ?
I'm sure there is enough data to support that claim. Just measure how often a regular user click on Organize, Tolls, Forum, Help, compared to browsing trough folders.

2. Also, this new design is providing less space to show the gist of the app - the tasks lists and tasks there.

3. The navigation between tasks (folders and etc) now are just a small percentage of the header, but it's main functionality I need to go trough my tasks with ease.

4. It'll be good to have an option to use an old design, at least for a couple of weeks before the new design is ironed out.

I really love toodledo and my only option is to spend some hours to write a greasemonkey skript to fix the navigation problem to continue using it.
DarylGriffiths

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by egerter:
5) The Task counts in the Sidebar include items that are currently Filtered out. Can we get an option to show a count of what's actually visible with the current Filters in place with maybe an asterisk or some other symbol to indicate there are more tasks hidden? I filter tasks on purpose and seeing inflated numbers everywhere kinda freaks me out.

AFAIK this is not a change from the previous "version", but, I do agree with you about renumbering to reflect the number of unhidden tasks in the view. I have actually turned off Counts in Settings for the simple reason that I found it misleading.
DarylGriffiths

A quick message to whoever has gone through and voted-down a large number of the comments supporting and/or praising the revamp (someone who's posted one of the more loony outbursts, no doubt) :

You're an idiot. To compensate, I've just gone through and voted them back up again.

Have a nice day.
Steve_1308740656

I love the new UI

So many invalid whines from users.
Yes folder Nav has moved from top to side. Re-learn.

If your task lines don't fit, you maybe on 1024 (or less!), but you can hit CTRL - in your browser to make it fit - Chrome remembers "per site". Its only changed by like 10 pixels LOL

Anyways, well done guys. That must have taken _a lot_ of effort. Best Todo management website on the Internet EASILY.
Danny B

Nice surprise this morning - Looks great - well done!
KatBoy

Overall - impressed. Good riddance pastels!

A few things:

1. As others mentioned, would have appreciated some notice/warning. I've been using 3rd party skin and it took a while to figure out why it wasn't working anymore.

2. Doesn't work so well in Opera, but that applies to lots of sites.

3. Overdue items shown red (or maybe this only worked on my skin?) but this was a great feature for skimming the urgent stuff.

Well done guys!
sprouty76

Spotted a bit of a bug:

If you go to (e.g.) the folders view and select an individual folder, then go to the contexts view and select an individual context, then add a task, the new task will have both the folder and context set to what you selected.

Previously, it would only be the context that was set (or the folder if done the other way around).
kimciolfe

I like it
sprouty76

Oh, another (minor) bug - if you use the task scheduler, there's an arrow pointing to the Tools menu. However, clicking on the Tasks tab at the top doesn't take you back to your tasks like you might expect.
gothick

My first impression: "Wow! That's just *so* much prettier". IE8 then barfed and had to "recover" the browser tab when I clicked "Notebook", but that's IE8 for you. And it's not done it again...

So far, so good, I'd say; I will be approaching this with an open mind and trying to work with any differences from the old layout for a while before I complain about anything, as there's bound to be a bit of a learning curve at work.

Thanks for all the work that must have gone into this new version.
ederhj

Very good.

One thing: please update the counter on the nav-frame, if a point was added or checked out

thank u

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.