ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
a-klaas

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 4 Reference
Overall, i am very happy with the new design, something i have been waiting for for years as a longtime customer. It's also great that it works flawlessly in Opera.

Couple suggestions:

-more contrast (i'm sure this will be available later when theming gets reintroduced), right now it is too much gray, almost no contrast between overdue/today/tomorrow due tasks
-similar point: bold for high priority
-the calendar view is very small for my taste, maybe have it pop out somehow?

thank you!

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
hh11

Score: 2 Reference
I like it too!

Only the gray colors are a little bit "depressive".
Styles/Templates or so would be a nice thing ...
Norman J.

Score: -1 Reference
The new design is really impressive but i found a few flaws for me. If I rescedule some pending tasks to a new date, for example from yesterday to today, are the dots in the calendar control still visible. Only after a full page refresh are the dots gone. The second issue is that taks which are overdue are not displayed in today list of the calendar view.
GS

The design is an improvement. The following is an issue:

All of the fields need to be accessible in the short view even if they are not selected in the long, column view. So, if I only use a field once in a while, I do not have to make it visible in the column view if I want to use it one time.
Brian

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by bbechtel:
is anyone else having trouble getting a full list to print when printing from firefox? i can only get one and a bit page to print, looks like maybe a frame issue? didn't have this problem with old design ...
Brian

I have the same problem. It is a real problem for me.
matagabriel

Guys, great job. It looks very clean and sleek now...don't mind the changes AT ALL and looks great on chrome!
drourke3

Excellent update with a modern look. It seems easier to do my daily updates and ad hoc task creation and maintenance. Thanks.
hlascelles

Score: 1 Reference
Generally, I appreciate the streamlining, but... I rather liked the somewhat more garish difference between bright green "ToDos" and greyed "Dones".

I hope there'll be some flexibility or themes coming.

Cheers!
ajiththomas

The look and feel is really nice.

However I'm experiencing a bug in the Note editting.

My platform : Windows 7 Professional + IE 9 + MS Outlook 2010 with an iPhone4 which syncs with Toodledo through Pocket Informant Ver 1.67

Everytime I open a note for editting it seems to add a couple of New Lines [Carriage Return] at each para. The number of CR seems arbitrary : seems greater as the line count increases - so much so that opening a 5 page note about 5 times for editting resulted in an unwieldy 340 page note which was rendered unreadable because of the scrolling down. I had to copy paste the corrupted note into a text editor and physically remove all the CR's. As I jot notes and rely quite heavily on my notes I have stopped editting the tasks on the new version of Toodledo which is a great inconvenience.

I've submitted a ticket and I hope you folks fix it asap.

:-)

Marco Cervellin

Good work for the layout improvement. Graphics & style need some more work indeed...
houlette

Score: -2 Reference
Fantastic job. I'm thrilled to be able to uninstall Stylish.
Mike

I like the redesign: the faster switching between views is a fantastic improvement, and the calendar view looks much more useful (never used it before but I might now).

However...

1. As other people have mentioned, having to scroll horizontally is a real pain.

While I can see how it's hard to avoid this in column view, I only use the multi-line format. There's no reason for the tasks to fill up so much horizontal space - if the elements were laid out slightly differently it would fit without the need for scrolling horizontally.

2. There's a really annoying empty white space beneath my task list which is reducing the number of tasks I can view. It's present in every view but small on the main view and much bigger on the folder, calendar and status view. It's there in both chrome and firefox.

Hope you guys can fix annoyances like these quickly as they both force me to scroll around - which distracts me from gettings things done.
RMW

When I click on the date for a task and choose "Today" as the quick date, it enters the date for tomorrow. I have to click on "Tomorrow" in order for it to put the correct date that I am looking for.

Today is the 27th. If I choose "Today" it enters the 26th.

Thanks for the fix in advance. Liking the new design. Please add a link back in for printing the booklets or make it more obvious. I had to go through help and search on the term to find it.

Bob
KLSiegel320

Just to add my two cents' worth - I, too, was taken by surprise by the redesign, but once I saw what was done my overall impression was favorable. I didn't dislike the previous design, but I recognize that this one is an improvement in many ways.

That said, I'm also relatively new to the tool, and had become accustomed to certain specifics - like the variable font weight that helped me see priority and status quickly. I am aware that it's easy for users to come up with requirements that are impossible to program - but perhaps there could be a toggle for that type of highlighting. I see from the comments that some people didn't want it, but for those who have relied on it - there's now an adjustment to make.

Really like that you can filter by one or more selected tags; would like to see similar functionality for folders.

Overall - thanks! I love it! This tool has cured my Outlook/Franklin Planner for Outlook addiction once and for all.
RMW

Is there any way to move the "Details" icon to the far left column with the other icons? Or add "Display Details" to the "Actions" button. This would eliminate having to scroll to the far right each time I look at a task to remember if I entered details.

Thanks,
Bob
DaManLovett

AWESOME I have been a Toodledo fanboy for a while and have looked for desktop applications cause I really disliked the design! The new design is SO SO SO much better, thank you guys. My search for other applications is over. Clean, Modern, Easy on Eyes . . . Great great job!!!
david.lorch

You did great. Redesign done right, love it! :)
Lance

Looks & navigates great! Seems to work fine on Google Chrome & the iPad browser. I especially like the integration and usability of the Notebook.
T00dledo

> Is there any way to move the "Details" icon to the far left > column with the other icons? Or add "Display Details" to
> the "Actions" button. This would eliminate having to scroll
> to the far right each time I look at a task to remember if
> I entered details."

I second that, the design is to big here so that I do not see any detail-icons. I first thought that the details got lost until I read this post here.

You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.