ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
jereunderwood

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I am not seeing the new and improved appearance. In fact everything has gone kind of gray. I am using IE 9 and am currently trying the free version. Does this new appearance only work on the premium plans?
rileycoyotes

Would really like to have the "Task" field bolded to the same shade as the "Priority" field is currently. It would allow one-glance assessment of tasks rather than having to scan across the whole screen to see priorities. Old layout had this, and it was helpful. Didn't realize how much so until it was gone!

Otherwise, it has been and continues to be a great product. It runs my life...maybe a little too much!
Koesper

Just noticed the redesign, first thought: WOW! that finally looks pretty!

Will give it a spin!

Keep up the good work
carsten

Score: 2 Reference
Nice design. Much more useability. Well done.
A function I have been missing for a long time ... the option to let a task automatically step one day forward when overdue.
I have approx. 25 tasks a day, and often I only finish 10. So I have to renew 15 tasks every day. Well - I suppose I could change my way of working, but this is what suits me.
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by jereunderwood:
I am not seeing the new and improved appearance. In fact everything has gone kind of gray. I am using IE 9 and am currently trying the free version. Does this new appearance only work on the premium plans?

If you're seeing the gray, you're seeing the new version. The old one is gone, you can't see that one anymore if you wanted to. It has nothing to do with which plan you have, it's the same website.
rkotter

I like the new design, but I find that when editing the details of a task in the details box the typing often lags. I hope this annoying problem can be corrected.
shaun

Printing Problem please fix...
In the 'new' version a blank page prints and tasks only start to print out on page two. Big waste of paper. Please fix or provide instructions
fmsheldon

"New Task Defaults" are not always entered as they are set:

Priority, for instance (although in my settings is "Medium) sometimes becomes "-1" and the date (in my settings "Today") becomes "none." Using Firefox 5.01 on Mac 10.6.8.

Have tried resetting them: seemed to help for a few entries, then not. I still love Toodledo and will sign up for a Pro account today.
----------------------------
The problem seems more pronounced in Quick Entry, and comes and goes in regular entry. Will try another browser.
Tried Safari 5.1: Outcome about the same. For now, will wait and hope that time heals all bugs.
A few hours later and, yes, the bug is "healed." Great!

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
paul.norrisii

I have one gripe. I would have liked to receive prior notification, rather than just having Toodledo suddenly appear different.

It took me a while to realize that the upper left corner (View By) consisted of 8 separate options. At first I thought it was 4 categories to the left with choices to the right. Perhaps it would be an improvement to sort these 8 choices by the frequency used by the specific user. Thus the preferred choice would be the upper left corner.

Overall, I like the new interface a lot.
earnjam

Hey everyone, I developed the MacOSX Userstyle theme for Toodledo (http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx)

Just wanted to post for those interested, I plan on updating it to work with the new redesign. I will warn you, however, that it might take a bit because they don't appear to be using any of the same ids and classes, so I basically have to start from scratch.

That is good and bad.
- Bad because it will require a lot of work (the old style modified ~250 ids or classes with anywhere from 1-15 css adjustments each).
- Good because I hopefully can address some of the issues with the old design that were impossible to change with just CSS, and I can use this as an opportunity to update the design some and bring it into the era of Snow Leopard/Lion.

I'll post a thread in the Tips and Tricks forum once I get it done and I'll also update the Userstyle linked above, so you won't have to install a new one, just do the update through Stylish.

Cheers!
earnjam
venkat.arakla

Great design...Good work need to increase performance will login
weaverrose

I like the improved readability of the task list.

I would still like to be able to hide the side bar, but I'm willing to live without that feature.

I really like the tabs on top.

I'm still getting used to it and expect to enjoy the changes.
Timchaas

Love the new look and feel. Well done. I only have two wishes. As mentioned below i don't like to scroll horizontally (I use Chrome) and I wish i could move the Notes column to the left instead of it being anchored on the right side. Other than that this is a killer app i've been using for about 5 years now so i must like it!!!

Posted by carlaxelfranzon:
Looks good in Firefox; the only problem I have (was with old one too is that it doesn't all fit on my screen horizontally.

Good work! Thanks for the continued improvements!
Scott

In grid view you can change the note icon to be on the left - it's an option in the settings / show tasks as - area.

I agree - it's much more useful to me there.

sb
geoffrey.colwill Post deleted
LucienK

Looks really good!

Generally well designed and fast to use. Some minor optimisations needed as already been said. Keep on refurbishing!

Luc
mark.hagerty.az

Much cleaner, and so far, easier. Thanks for updating the UI
jeremiah.moss

NICE first impression - can't wait to try it out! The interface already looks cleaner, although the real test will be with the functionality. Kudos to a good UI redesign, at least :).
KRK_2

Really like the new design. Much more functional. Keep up the good work. Couldn't do my job without this tool.
(Would like to see option of assigning multiple contexts).
albertomendozaa

JUST A GREAT WORK THANK YOU GUYS!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.