2011 In Review
2011 was a great year for Toodledo. We saw the number of users increase by over 50% and we broke through the 1 million user milestone! We also accomplished the following things:
1) This was a major effort, and where we spent the bulk of our first and second quarters. We totally redesigned the Toodledo website to be easier to use, less cluttered and more pleasing on the eye.
2) The website was aggressively optimized for speed.
3) Improved the reliability of Toodledo with more internal safety checks and monitoring algorithms. Because of this and previous efforts, we were able to maintain an uptime record of 99.993%, with only 35 minutes of total downtime for the year. See Pingdom for more info.
Improvements to Collaboration
1) The sharing page was redesigned to be easier to use
2) When viewing a collaborator's list, it will use your preferences and display the correct badges.
3) When viewing a collaborator's list, it will remember how you sorted and filtered their list.
4) Collaborators can now re-order your subtasks if you have given them permission to edit your list.
5) You can now receive alerts when a collaborator creates or edits a task that you have an interest in.
6) You can now create saved-searches for collaborators.
7) You can now make private contexts and goals which will prevent them from being shared.
Improvements to Search
1) Start-time can now be used as a search criteria.
2) Relative dates now can be used as a search criteria.
3) Can search on the alarm field.
4) Can search for dateless and any-date tasks.
1) We now have an option to automatically detect and set the time based on your current location.
2) Additional keyboard shortcuts: Arrow keys in tasks section, shortcuts for forums.
3) Reverse sorting for second and third sort criteria is now possible.
4) Improvements to the statistics section.
5) The foldable booklet now supports many non-english character sets.
6) Added a directory of 3rd party tools that work with Toodledo.
7) Creating a support ticket was made more streamlined.
8) The file size for importing was increased to allow for larger imports.
9) Backup and Restore tools make it easy to protect your Toodledo data.
10) Can now purge your account of older completed tasks using a special tool in your account settings.
iOS app (link)
1) Can set a default alarm for new tasks
2) Manual ordering of folders
3) Improved accessibility for visually disabled customers
4) Improved multi-language support with in-app language switch and improved translations
5) Improved list toolbar
6) Reorganized and decluttered the UI
7) iOS 5 compatibility
8) TextExpander support
Plus a number of bugs and smaller improvements.
If this list seems a little light compared to previous years, thats because we spent the bulk of our time this year working on a secret project that isn't quite done yet. Stay tuned for an announcement in January.
We appreciate all the support and suggestions that we have received from everyone. We are striving to make Toodledo the best productivity tool on the internet, and we have big plans for 2012 and beyond. Thanks to everyone for making Toodledo a success.
Happy New Year!
Awesome list! Here's looking forward to an even better 2012!
BTW, 99.93% uptime is ridiculously good. 35 minutes downtime for the who year, while increasing userbase by 50%... you guys should seriously get some sort of award for that sort of thing.
Wish the desire for less clutter was applied to the Goals page... :/
Thanks for all you've done this year. While you may get a lot of feedback on the forums, Toodledo is still by far the best task manager out there! Looking forward to January!
This message was edited Dec 29, 2011.
Great job! Some of us appreciate your efforts.
I appreciate Toodledo and find it so helpful that I gladly just renewed my Pro subscription. Thanks for the wise and committed attention you give to this service.
This message was edited Dec 29, 2011.
Congrats Guys! Good Job.
On my side you have won with Appigo's ToDo Online as my life management tool.
Filters! Lots of filters
Speed it all I need! (ff plug-ins)
Happy developing in 2k2
Congratulations on a great year for Toodledo - you have achieved a lot in 2011. Well done and thank you.
I've also had a great year, with a lot of stuff done. I would have struggled without the reliable and constant support of the Toodledo web and iPhone apps. This is key to my GTD and it works.
Can't wait to see what happens in 2012!
I <3 Toodledo, thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for your efforts!
Thanks for your efforts. Now have two pro subscriptions for me and one for wife. Great service.
Thanks so much for making Toodledo - it has been a great tool in both my personal and work life.
I use Toodledo web and sync with my iPhone and iPad, works flawlessly.
Keep up the GREAT work!
Thanks for all your efforts. I wonder what the secret project will be.
Please keep up the good work.
Posted: Jan 06, 2012
Thank you so much for your marvellous work, I don't know how I would cope without "my" beloved Toodledo! :o)
Just upgraded to Pro after using the free version for the past year. Toodledo is an incredible tool, I am constantly discovering powerful new capabilities. Thank you!
This message was edited Jan 07, 2012.
Thank You so much !
Toodledo is the best productivity application I am using! This is a very good balance bet. number of functions and simplicity/ergonomy.
I am also convinced that my money spend for the pro subscription if very well invested!
I am looking forward to seeing an Android-based app!
Yea, Toodledo is the only paid online service i'm using. Hope you guys make more progress in 2012!
still no android app? Has Apple said they will buy you as long as you avoid Android? Doesn't matter as I have just moved all my current tasks out of the system .
my new todo list.
1 move current tasks out of TD - Done
2 move future ones - this week
3 get a backup of all completed tasks - next month
4 close TD.uninstall 3rd Party apps - before next subscription
tired of waiting
Leicester UK This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Jay I use toodledo daily on my andriod phone. Yes it's not developed by the guys but that's what the API is for. I use DGT GTD it's free on the andriod market and you just need to install their toodledo sync plugin and it works perfectly!
Guys I love your site just changed jobs and renewed my pro subscription keep up the fab work you are doing.
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.