ForumsNewsNew Mobile Website with Offline and Android Support

New Mobile Website with Offline and Android Support
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 27, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
To the complainers: Offline support, Android support, Multi-language support, and a more feature packed replacement for toodledo.com/slim have all been top requests for years. Maybe these things weren't your top request, but they were the overall top requests. This is being positioned as a replacement for toodledo.com/slim and a lot of people use that. I know because I can see the statistics. We are very excited about this new product and we think that this will benefit a lot of people.
JPR

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Purveyor:

...Google, with $38 billion in revenue last year, can't make an online task manager that has repeating tasks..

or one with search capability!! Google! Mind boggling.

I must admit from a personal standpoint (as an iPhone user), I'm not thrilled with TD resources going to the new mobile site either. On the other hand, given the volatility of smartphone OS marketshare over just the last 4 years, it's hardly surprising that a more universal mobile solution is pretty attractive to a developer. I just hope this doesn't kill development on the iPhone app for my own selfish reasons.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
We have no plans to stop work on our iPhone app. In fact, we have some big updates planned for it this year.
Salgud

Posted by Toodledo:

To the complainers: Offline support, Android support, Multi-language support, and a more feature packed replacement for toodledo.com/slim have all been top requests for years. Maybe these things weren't your top request, but they were the overall top requests.

Thanks for your reply. You have the numbers, so I'll button my lip and have more trust next time.

We have no plans to stop work on our iPhone app. In fact, we have some big updates planned for it this year.

Looking forward to that,hoping it included Saved Searches!
JPR

Posted: Jan 28, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:

Thanks.

One feature I love about the new mobile is the ability to search title and notes.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted by Toodledo:
To the complainers: Offline support, Android support, Multi-language support, and a more feature packed replacement for toodledo.com/slim have all been top requests for years. Maybe these things weren't your top request, but they were the overall top requests. This is being positioned as a replacement for toodledo.com/slim and a lot of people use that. I know because I can see the statistics. We are very excited about this new product and we think that this will benefit a lot of people.

Thanks guys, for swift answers to us "complainers". Let's hope that you are right and we are wrong. And a long, prosperous and constantly-improved life to our favourite task manager Toodledoo! Keep up the efforts!
JCarl

Did an intial look and only Folders beginning from A-I show folder division in Folder view. All remainder just show the tasks. In addition not having indented subtasks view just inline or indented makes the current UI a problem. I know that this is the initial release. I am still a very heavy advocate that collaboration is number one on my wish list including advanced search combining multiple workspaces. Although mentioned as a high priority last year nothing to much really got accomplished other than saved searches. I may use this occasionally and I am sure it fits into the product offerings well. Good luck
vivendom.budget

Posted: Jan 29, 2012
Now, we have a task number limitation of 20.000.
Have you got on mind to increase this number if we access part of those tasks offline maintaining online limitations?

Thank you for this new effort!
s.l

Posted: Jan 29, 2012
I must admit that I'm pretty disappointed by the results of this "secret project".

For your most faithful customers (those who, like myself, have a paid account, use the website and bought the iPhone App), there seems to be no progress.

Hopefully, this update helps you get a broader customer base, thus giving you more resources to further develop the core application. There's been plenty of ideas and suggestions for improvements around in the forums, but I get the general impression that Toodledo seems to resist paying attention to those.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2012.
kk_buero

Posted: Jan 30, 2012
Wow - great site! I really appreciate a Blackberry supported website. I could test and give a feedback for a 9780 (OS6).
First test result: Offline Support does not work. The BB-Browser says:"could not open website in offline mode" :-(

This message was edited Jan 30, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 30, 2012
I suspected that BB would not support offline mode, since it is the least capable browser. I will investigate and see if there is a work around.
kk_buero

Posted: Jan 31, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
... I will investigate and see if there is a work around.
fine! Contact me in case of testing!
mco

Score: -2 Reference
After looking at the new mobile web site and reading the comments here, I am reminded of Steve Job's comment that users can't be expected to know what they want. Maybe they wanted the new mobile web site.
Larry.Roberts_SAC

Some feedback on the android beta version:
I miss Slim's double line task description and the option to let me choose a default start page. I hope refinements will retain Slim's smooth scrolling and snappy page changes, too.

I would prefer that m.toodledo remove completed tasks from view on the next call up rather than only checking them, and I'd like to be able to uncheck without going to an edit page. Note indicators are nice, but are a bit too small for thick fingers and the color saturation when highlighted isn't vivid enough for older eyes to easily discern.

Toodledo is a great product and I hope this helps you.
Larry.Roberts_SAC

Correction: what I thought were note indicators don't seem to be that at all, and they don't seem to have a touch function. Just what are those little orange triangles?

Additional bugs: Program seems to lock at times when working off line with a message indicating that a connection must be made to continue. Closing the program and restarting it will bring up a sync loop until the back button is pressed, but after that, it seems to operate OK ... until the next lock up.

Hope this helps.
clango

I tried it on an old Android 1.6 but I couldn't save and use it. I tried the standard browser and as well the dolphin browser but I couldn't save it on my device. :-(

Is there, please, any suggestion?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Those orange triangles indicate the priority of the task.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Android 1.6 is too old and is not supported. You need at least Android 2.2
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have just released an update to the mobile website that fixes many of the bugs reported already, including:

1) List dividers don't work after the 50th task.
2) Hide future tasks filter was hiding more than it should
3) iOS web app icon
4) Speed optimizations for people with more than 500 tasks

You may need to reload the webpage twice to get the update.

Please continue to send us feedback. Thanks!
PeterW 

Task counts are wrong for me (iPhone4).

Hotlist indicator shows 14 but there are actually 17 tasks in the list.

All Tasks shows 104 on main website, 103 on mobile.

Starred list count is correct.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.