ForumsNewsNew Mobile Website with Offline and Android Support

New Mobile Website with Offline and Android Support
nigel_1294825697

Posted: Nov 07, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Greetings from sunny South Africa :-) Am re-visiting Toodledo after trying 'alternative' set of tools (in essence back to pencil and paper) to manage my 'sole trader' consulting business (challenge was using Toodledo on my Blackberry mobile - Bold 9700 OS6) and WOW! The NEW mobile site looks FANTASTIC on my Blackberry Playbook and is a compelling reason to AGAIN use Toodledo as common repository for all my task related activities, especially now have 'off line' capabilities ! If I can assist in anyway re 'testing' of mobile site please advise and it will be my pleasure to help. Keep up the GREAT work and till the next chat remember to KEEP SMILING :-)
jjp_tmn Post deleted
gusselton

Posted: Nov 12, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Woo-hoo! Great news!

Do you ever plan to add a typical 'calendar' view where we can see the actual 'layout' of our week? If you had this, I wouldn't keep looking for a planner app to sync with. I think the traditional calendar layout is a lot easier for my brain to register how much discretionary time I have available - or how focused I need to be.
jjp_tmn

Posted: Nov 12, 2012
I checked out the mobile site yesterday and it was alright (not to sound pessimistic). It's just that I would love to know what the plans for the Android app are. I mean having the ability to set phone reminders would be awesome.

While I'm using Ultimate to do list (and think it's awesome), it's terrible that I need to depend on a 3rd party app to get the job done.
Colin A

Posted: Nov 18, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
I've got a number of saved searches - which is by default my main view and how I access Toodledo - is it possible to replicate these in the mobile version? I can't see that this is possible (but would have to re-think how to use if not available) - otherwise may need to keep using Ultimate to do list instead
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
ming.lai

Posted: Dec 14, 2012
Posted by David:
I agree with Gordon. I'm using Ultimate ToDo List, but I'd much rather use a native android Toodledo app.

When buying my first tablet, I was VERY tempted to get an iPad just for the ability to run this app. I now have a Nexus 7, and all I need is an Android Toodledo app to make it complete.

Sure the features might be richer in a native app but I'm new to TD and the mobile site has been perfectly fine. I have a nexus 7 tablet and my wife has an ipad. We both use the mobile site. She doesn't even use the TD iOS app. We both use it while offline. The sync seems to be pretty good. On the desktop, we go to the website.

Am I missing something?

This message was edited Dec 14, 2012.
iamegghead

Posted: Dec 22, 2012
I've got a Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Lumia 920) and the mobile website doesn't seem to work on it, I guess it's not supported yet? I can load it but it's not useable.

Many problems not one particular issue. Some folders are empty even though they should contain tasks, due dates are wrong etc.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. We do not yet have a Windows 8 phone to test with.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 26, 2012
Score: 4 Reference
Come on, Jake, buy a Win8 phone and boost M$ sales by 50%! It's the right thing to do. ;)
ming.lai

Posted: Jan 18, 2013
I'd like to reiterate Pat's comments

I love the mobile client. It works offline. I only had one sync issue since starting its use back in Nov and that was probably as a result of massive changes.

It could use some performance optimization but it's not unusable. I have about 130 tasks at any given time and it's manageable.

The part that could really use some improvement is the numerous taps to add and fill in details for a new task.

I have a nexus 7 tablet so i don't know if the behavior is different for others...I've made some additions to Pat's list

1) Tap the "+ Task" button
2a) Tab the task name field so get the keyboard to show
2) Enter the name of my task
3) Tap "Add"
4) Watch the hotlist flicker
5) View the task details
6) Tap the folder button
7) Watch the folder window come up
8) Select a folder
9) Select the due date (optional) button
10a)Tap the entry field for the date to get the keyboard to come up
10) Select a date
11) Go back to Hotlist (or wherever)

I guess the point is that I think you can program the keyboard to show automatically. The user is there to enter a value especially for the task name. You can argue that the date might be selected via the radio buttons.

Never the less, these improvements would make the mobile app even better.

Posted by pat.gallant:
I really like the new m.toodledo.com client. In fact, I prefer to use it on my iPad than the native Toodledo app.

If I might make a request, would there be a way to add some sort of quick entry of tasks to the mobile client? Right now if I want to add a task I:

1) Tap the "+ Task" button
2) Enter the name of my task
3) Tap "Add"
4) Watch the hotlist flicker
5) View the task details
6) Tap the folder button
7) Watch the folder window come up
8) Select a folder
9) Select the due date (optional) button
10) Select a date
11) Go back to Hotlist (or wherever)

That's 10+ steps to add a task to a folder with a due date. One of the key things about having my task list on-the-go with me is the ability to rapidly add tasks as I think of them.

Thanks,
Pat
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into optimizations that we can make.
ming.lai

Posted: Jan 30, 2013
Jake, is the ability to use saved searches (from the website) on the mobile site on the radar? if not, i'd like to propose that because that would probably speed up some of the performance issues with the mobile site if you have lots of tasks.

I created a view for 2 week look ahead + past due items which limits the tasks significantly and is much speedier.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 30, 2013
Yes, this is on the roadmap.
Andy Bryden

Posted: Feb 10, 2013
Do you have BlackBerry testing scheduled?
I'm loving it how it is, but would love it even more if it was quicker, and if you could force a sync.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2013.
bertocorredor

Posted: Feb 15, 2013
Like many people in this thread, I cannot really understand why you are investing time and resources in a new mobile website. I've been using your Pro service for quite a while because you had the most comprehensive GTD approach for my needs, despite the fact that you have ignore Android users from the beginning (thanks DGT GTD for filling the gap). I think, and this is obviously only my opinion, you should focus in covering your weak points, which are at the moment the lack of Android and desktop apps. You should aim to get an integration and cross-platform experience similar to that of apps like Evernote. Otherwise I cannot see why users won't be jumping ship with more attractive options coming out (think of doit.im, Nirvana, etc).
My 2 cents.
Hartl

Posted: Feb 15, 2013
Fully agree. It's a pity to waste resources for the mobile website. It's simply unusable for me. After a few days it stops working. Then I have to delete the cache and start with the sync once again. And of course it's so slow in comparison with a native app. I need more time to fight with the mobile site then to fulfil my tasks. :-/

I don't think we'll see an Android app in the next future. That means I have two options:

1. DGT GTD: I'm waiting for the Beta release and the new UI. If it's what I expect, then I'll stay with Toodledo.

2. Wunderlist 2. The new version is great and the Android app is amazing. I just miss some additional features (E-mail to task, tags, date for subtasks, ...). As soon as they are available (as far as I know all of them are planned) I'll give Wunderlist a chance.

I really like Toodledos website, but the lack of a native Android app is a big drawback.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2013.
mco

Posted: Feb 17, 2013
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by bertocorredor:
Like many people in this thread, I cannot really understand why you are investing time and resources in a new mobile website. I've been using your Pro service for quite a while because you had the most comprehensive GTD approach for my needs, despite the fact that you have ignore Android users from the beginning (thanks DGT GTD for filling the gap). I think, and this is obviously only my opinion, you should focus in covering your weak points, which are at the moment the lack of Android and desktop apps. You should aim to get an integration and cross-platform experience similar to that of apps like Evernote. Otherwise I cannot see why users won't be jumping ship with more attractive options coming out (think of doit.im, Nirvana, etc).
My 2 cents.

This is just my two cents also, but given the ever-changing landscape, a good mobile website seems sensible. I have read that the average Android user does not use advanced smartphone features as much as iPhone users do, making it a smaller market than iPhone, but larger than Winphones and Blackberries. Doing a good job across many platforms is hard, and the survival of Evernote or Wunderlist is not a given. The competitors you cite are not nearly as we'll-rated as Toodledo, which competes well against top-rated apple-only products like Things and Omnifocus.
Hartl

Posted: Apr 13, 2013
I decided finaly to stay with Toodledo, because

1. It's by far the best task management system in the web.
2. Due Today with a new Android Design has been released. This is now the Android app I was looking for. And I think it's even much better then the original iOS Toodledo app.
sprouty76

Posted: Apr 22, 2013
Score: 3 Reference
Trying the mobile site again (still no android app...) and want to report the bugs I find - but there's no option on the ticket thingy for mobile site issues.

I've got a new Nexus 7, and the mobile site is at least usable on that, unlike on my Desire. But it's still very slow.

I agree with the comments above, there's way too much clicking-and-waiting with it - when adding a task, why does it go back to the task list momentarily, then show the other options? If you're going to ask about the various other fields (folder, context, etc) anyway, why not do it on the same page as the task title? Especially as page transitions are so slow. Same goes for the "View tasks by" bit.

And when adding a task, if you click on folder it opens a new page - why not just use a standard drop down box? Same for context, status, etc.

Completing a recurring task from a task list inserts a new one directly below - even if the new task would not be visible or would be in a different section (e.g. the new task might have a lower importance than the just-completed one, and therefore would appear further down when sorting by importance). This is really, really annoying when trying to check off a few tasks in one go.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.