ForumsNewsCollaboration Improvements

Collaboration Improvements
vivendom.budget

Posted: Jul 05, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Joint Task improvement is a win-win improvement. Since now we were working using 1/2 pro plus workspaces. Now, we are convinced to get 4 new Pro plus subscriber users.

Only for a better shared tasks management between our team we want to suggest some additional features:

1)"Sharing with" versus "Sharing From". We need to know what tasks are sharing with each collaborator. Now in sharing view we could only know shared tasks by owner. Is that correct?

2)Search functionality. To permit us looking for all tasks shared with an specific collaborator. Now we can only search shared tasks in general.

3)Multi-Edit Functionality. In order to share tasks depending on folders,goals,.. we need to change, add or remove collaborators using multi-edit funcionality.

4)Collaborator Counters. Tasks shared on collaborators workspace doesn't reflect task counters (only the owner). Is this a bug?

5)Collaborator Notes. It will be very usefull to find a way for diferenciate collaborator notes...by colours, additional text like "collaborator wrote..."

To be continued..
Thank You !

This message was edited Jul 05, 2012.
JCarl

I could be wrong but I think searching on Assignor does #2
vivendom.budget

Thanks for the suggestion Jcarl, but i tried it and it doesn't work. I think that this is because assignor is associated to the old functionality for sharing tasks that works assigning tasks to your collaborators, but assignor doesn't work with the new "joint task" functionality. You can see your collaborators in searching list but if you are joining tasks with them you can not filter them. It only works if you assign tasks to them, but in this case you can not see the task again after assignin it. Do you agree or i'm wrong? Thank you again
mecbusdev

I think you are right. I corresponded with Jake on this and while Assignor is equivalent to Workspace I am with you that I would like to Search from my Workspace instead of toggling workspaces for everything the Workspace is responsible for. I believe if a person (workspace) assigns a task it drops out of the toggled workspace view. As you can see above I really desire the ability to edit Shared task if the workspace has given permission to create and edit tasks. This is so fundamental to use as a dashboard by myself as manager of several people and draw into a dashboard report. I am glad things are progressing but somewhat complicated in current state and limited with the sharing limitation and the subtask issue. I am sure they will keep going though as very good product for personal management but need to bring the pieces together for corporate collaboration.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
As mentioned before, what we have released is only the first steps. We plan to enhance it in future updates. Thanks for the suggestions.
JCarl

We appreciate all your work
Nathan Maxwell

After testing it out a bit, I think it works great.

You can't create shared tasks on the iPhone yet, but no doubt that's few paces down the road. Shared tasks created in a browser do show up in the iPhone app, and that's close enough to get stuff done.

Thanks for the great work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are running the latest version of our iPhone app, joint tasks should be tagged with an icon in the list so you can see which ones are shared.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Jul 08, 2012
Task/subtasks shared with me but not owned by me increase my task counter or the counter increase only when task/subtasks are owned by me?

That is important, because since joint tasks is working i'm sharing lots of new tasks each day.

Thank you!
JCarl

Posted: Jul 08, 2012
After working a little with the new collaboration I understand that assignor and shared are available in the Advanced Search. At first I thought Assignor and Workspace were interchangeable. What I am really requesting is to add Workspace as a field so that I can make Advanced Searches from my workspace without having to toggle through and change to another workspace. In essence you could build all your searches on any workspace right at your own Me if the field Workspace was available if I am understanding thing correctly. This would make a much quicker management dashboard.

Thanks for your consideration
Axl.l

Posted: Jul 19, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I'm trying out the "Shared Task" function, and it works really well.

There is an "Assignor"-field, which shows who shared the task.

BUT, I need a field for "Responsible" (or some other type of primary 'user' or 'Executor of Action'). This should choose from any name one defines (similarly to Tags). This will show who shall do the task, but will allow others to take over if that person is sick.

Otherwise, the sharing possibility is GREAT!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 19, 2012
You can put this into the tag field, or perhaps use a filed like context or goal that you are not using for something else.
Axl.l

Posted: Jul 20, 2012
@Toodledo
Yes, this is what I'm currently doing, and it works as a workaround for the advanced user (me), but for the rest of my organisation (novices) it is perceived as difficult to understand.

My suggestion is to put in another "Tag"-field, and call it "Responsible".

Thanks for your GREAT product!
JCarl

Posted: Jul 26, 2012
Shouldn't I be able to see task that I shared with a Workspace when I switch to that workspace that has given me permission. Does it have something to do with the Workspace sharing the folder with me?
JCarl

Posted: Jul 26, 2012
Appears that unless a Workspace has given you permission to see all folders, when you share a task the workspace must give you permission to view. This does not seem logical that Me must be given permission to view a folder that Me shared with a Workspace. It would seem that permission to view should be automatic if you are sharing with them.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 27, 2012
You cannot share a folder with someone else. You can only share tasks. The other person could have some private tasks inside that folder, which is why you cannot see it unless they have given you permission to view it.
JCarl

When I shared a task it created my folder name on his account but I can't view it. I assume if he gives permission I can but my point is if I am sharing the task shouldn't the program automatically mark that as a folder shared with me if he is sharing his workspace.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We never automatically share folders because he may not know that it was autoshared and he could put a private task into that folder at a later date. All shared folders must be explicitly shared by the person.
Warren Ave

Posted: Jul 28, 2012
Love what you guys have done here. I have been searching for this functionality high and low for the past few weeks and after much testing with the competition your initial collaboration offering wins hands down. Our project team is sold. Can't wait to see how this feature evolves.
JCarl

Posted: Jul 28, 2012
Is there a notification when a task is shared. I should no this but so far I am the one sharing and if so could you put some language. "If you are sharing your workspace with this user, please decide if you wish to share this folder"

I know I don't have the correct language in the instance the receiver is already sharing all, but would like to remind them that I can't see these if I switch to their workspace until they decide to share.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.