ForumsNewsEmail tasks to Toodledo has been greatly enhanced

Email tasks to Toodledo has been greatly enhanced
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
For some time, it's been possible to email a task into Toodledo and have it added to your to-do list. Today we are announcing some big improvements to this feature.

1) It is now possible to assign values for goal, status, tag, due time, start date and length in addition to the ones you could assign before (priority, due date, folder, context and note). This means that when you email a task into Toodledo, you can now set almost every field. You can learn how to do this on our help page.

2) Pro Plus subscribers will now be able to attach files to the emails and Toodledo will upload those attachments to your Toodledo account and attach them to the created task.

3) We now have full support for accented and non-English characters. Previously, emails sent with Chinese, Russian, or other non English characters would have problems. This was a difficult bug to crush, but we persevered and now have full UTF8 support.

4) This partially worked before, but you can now CC or BCC toodledo on any email that you send, and it will make it to Toodledo and be added as a task for you to track.

5) We crushed a lot more bugs and made this feature more robust and reliable.

To setup email import, sign into your Toodledo account and go to the "Import" section.

This message was edited Mar 05, 2009.
Claudio

Posted: Mar 05, 2009
Great news! Thanks.
hibanayama

Posted: Mar 06, 2009
Love the new e-mail options. Now I can e-mail a task and don't have to deal with it on the website or the iPhone until it needs to be done. I'm also really happy about the support for forwarding Japanese e-mails, since I get a number of them. A lot of tasks get generated from e-mails, so this is going to be a big productivity enhancement for a lot of people.
Nico Richter

Posted: Mar 07, 2009
That's good to hear! I like how sumbitting tasks via Email works. As a matter of fact, that's how I am submitting 90% of my tasks to Toodledo, being a total pushmail addict, I will only use the HTML client when I absolutely have to.

Now if I was able to also COMPLETE tasks via EMail I would definitely move over from RTM. RTM has the best interface for managing tasks from Twitter, which is my second favoite way of interacing with Td/rtm.

The syntax for completing tasks with rtm is

"!C <taskname>" , with partial names being OK and RTM replying accordingly if the tasks could not be identified.

Also, I love

"!P <taskname>" to POSTPONE a task, which combined with Toodledos outstanding #xxx due date command syntax would make me love it passionately! ;)

Pleeeeease tell me you will be able to implement that. I will go pro instantly when these features are there, and I could imagine loads of Crackberry users doing the same!

W0nk0
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 07, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Mar 08, 2009
Thanks guys!
MGE

Posted: Mar 09, 2009
BTW, is it possible to star a task via email? Could not find a hint in the help section.

Marko
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2009
It is not currently possible to star a task via email.
Francisko

Posted: Mar 14, 2009
Thanks for this great improvement I've been waiting for so long !
DavidSzp

Posted: Mar 22, 2009
The new upgrades are awesome, thanks! I actually was looking up to see if I could set tags via email for a message I was sending tonight to create a task, just a few minutes ago. I didn't think it was possible but I checked the help page (which I've used before) and noticed that I could do tagging and a whole lot else I thought I couldn't do! I wondered when this had been released, so I heaaded here to the forums. And, I also happened to look at the Connections screen and noticed all the changes. Funny to be coming to the forum to confirm new stuff; I guess usually I look at the forum to see what new stuff I should keep an eye out for!

Also, I don't think I'd use the "star task via email" option (suggested by m.genzel) but I'd suggest ** as the keyword for doing so, BTW. And I like the idea of marking complete via email--reminds me a bit of IWantSandy which I used for a short while. I use the web and iPhone apps too much to make that very useful for me most of the time though. I stopped using IWantSandy because I already have enough emails to deal with...my goal is to get emails into Toodledo so they don't stay in my inbox if I have to do something with them, not keep my task list AND emails in my inbox! Outlook is for feeding the todo list monster! :-)

Anyway, thanks again for the updates. Good stuff.
Proximo

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
Excellent news. I find emailing task to be such a powerful feature. This prevents me from trying to manage anything on my email client and keep it all in one place. Toodledo (GTD)

Thanks
M

Posted: May 11, 2009
I use Toodledo and another service called Reqall. Reqall lets me call a number on my cell, speak a task, and have that task emailed to my Toodledo account. Reqall transcribes what I speak and, in the past, the first (not sure how many) characters of that resulting email would come into Toodledo as the task. The remaining transcription -- and a text representation of the recording itself -- would come into Toodledo as the NOTES of my task. I would then delete the text representation, as it did me no good -- but the remaining characters of the transcription would be kept.

Did something you recently changed affect this? I now get NO body (no extension of the task name, nor text representation of the recording) with my reQall-emailed tasks.

thx
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 11, 2009
We haven't changed anything, but Reqall might have changed something in the way they send emails.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.