ForumsNewsiOS app update: Version 3.0 includes over 100 improvements.

iOS app update: Version 3.0 includes over 100 improvements.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Our iOS app has just received our biggest update ever. Toodledo 3.0 features a totally redesigned interface with emphasis on efficiency and cleanliness.

✔ iPhone Only: Home page has a new accordion style list that expands and contracts to show the most recently used groups. This makes it much faster to drill into lists. For example, an important folder or tasks due today.

✔ iPad Only: There is now a shortcut tray on the left side that allows you to quickly drill into any list. You no longer need to press the back button 3 or 4 times to get into a different list. Just tap and go.

✔ Slim toolbar above each list now shows exactly how your list is sorted and gives quick access to sorting by up to three different criteria at the same time.

✔ New "Quick Add" toolbar. Swipe down on any list to reveal the quick add box. Type and press enter to add a task and then immediately keep typing to add another. Type, enter, type, enter, type, enter. Add multiple tasks quickly.

✔ Filters have been made easier to understand and quicker to use. You can now turn all filters on and off with one switch so you can quickly view your entire list and then apply your filters to hide the unimportant tasks. Tag and context filters have been redesigned to be easier to use and can also be turned on/off with one click.

✔ Lists now show more data in a smarter way, by hiding redundant information and showing more details.

✔ Priority is now indicated visually with a color coded badge in the corner of every task.

✔ Task notes are now visible without scrolling, with a new interface that makes it easy to expand and collapse the note. Notes can be edited by tapping directly on them. Simple HTML formatting can be done. Phone numbers in notes can be clicked to call, and links can be clicked to open your web browser.

✔ You can now add a new subtask directly from the parent's details screen.

✔ Notebook section has been redesigned for more efficient use of space.

✔ Notebook section also gets the improvements from the task section: Quick add, redesigned sort toolbar, tap to edit, and HTML formatted notes.

✔ Numerous behind the scenes improvements, optimizations and bug fixes.

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

For my response to criticism of this update, please read here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76747/read.html

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
bennie3021

Score: 4 Reference
The Toodledo account on my iPhone now shows no tasks. I have forced sync and anything else I could think of and still no tasks.
witness

Score: 5 Reference
Two suggested improvements to the new iPhone app:

1. Offer the option for a smaller font size. The current one takes up too much screen real estate.

2. Offer the option to hide the dark "Importance" bars in the listings on the iPhone app. It too offers little information benefit for as much screen real estate as it takes up.

Thanks
Simon Fincham

Score: -1 Reference
A great update; thanks very much.

Visually much more appealing to look at, I am confident as I use the app during today and onwards I will discover all the ways the app has been made better. Visually though; very nice!

By way of a small comment I have already noticed a minor point which is when the app is syncing, the final stage of the process when the sync bar reports success it freezes the apps whole interface for a few moments. It is a minor point though.

Thank you
Capet Jean-François

Morning,

I've just upgrade my Toodledo App in both my Ipad and iPhone. I can not see the schedule time of a task in the main list anymore. I try to organize the choice of field in the setup menu, but schedule time time does not appear.

Then, I need to select a task to see the schedule in the more detailed view of the task.

Is there a way to show this schedule time in the main list view ?

If not can we expect an improvement very soon ?

Regards,

bgreiner

Score: 5 Reference
Posted by witness:
1. Offer the option for a smaller font size. The current one takes up too much screen real estate.

I completely agree. There should be an option for a smaller font. The font looks nice, but takes too much space...

Regards
tore.rykkel

It looks and works fine, as far as I can see, atfter an hour of use. Thank you!
s.l

Score: 2 Reference
Nice update. Thanks!

I was SO hoping for the indented view for subtasks in the i-versions. Still hoping.
CJoe68

Score: 1 Reference
looks nice, but seems it is not possible anymore to set "contexts" as start page on the ipad.

on the iphone this is still possible (though to filter by context requires multiple clicks now (i.e. click on "context", then "more", then only you can select the context)

as i'm using context to organize my tasks this makes things more complicated than before. any chance to re-add that start page thing?

on another topic: would be great to be able to define default values when importing IOS reminders, was hoping for that feature, but seems it is still not there.
MILO_1355313194

Totally agree with the smaller font.

A big reason for me for sticking with Toodledo is because I can maximize screen real estate - whether on my iPhone or iPad.

Other task management apps have too much wasted space and as my to do list can easily run way past a few screen lengths - even in the same context - I really prefer smaller fonts.

Pls consider.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Really great update! It makes the app much more usable.

I do agree with the requests to be able to change font.

And one tip:
You need to reselect what fields to show in the app. This is not in the documentation. It caused me some confusion at first because I couldn't make the selections I wanted.
steve

Posted by witness:

Thanks

Thank you for the update but I just wanted to add a "Me too" to the request for a smaller font size. Really can't see enough information or enough tasks with the current font size.

Thank you.

Steve

UPDATE: I posted the above having installed the update on my iPhone. Having now installed the update on my iPad (where, to me, the font size isn't a problem) I'm very aware, and not keen on, the overly grey colour scheme. As others have said, could I please also make a plea for some colour options? Thanks.

abirchall

Good update... but one issuette..... (iPhone 4)

I have a lot of separate tags. When I wish to display only certain tags scrolling through the list to select the tags to view is painfully slow.

Are there any settings that can be tweaked to improve the response time for scrolling through the list?
tonyrogers

Posted by s.l:
Nice update. Thanks!

I was SO hoping for the indented view for subtasks in the i-versions. Still hoping.

I too was hoping for an indented view on subtasks. At the moment the option is ABC sort, which just jumbles tasks and sub tasks up or go for context, priority etc. A simple indent list in folder view of tasks with associated sub tasks underneath to replicate the web based version would be perfect. I could then finally ditch Informant Pro! Apart from that its a great update. Thanks.
Colin

I have just updated the iPhone app but it appears I have now lost the ability to view all the contexts I use from the start screen without two steps, i.e. select "view tasks by: context" then tap "More...." then see my full list and then select the one I want. I know this might sound trivial but the upgrade has added additional taps to the process and hence 'friction'. Why not display all the contexts in the drop down instead of just three + More... - if you've selected to view by contexts you might as well either go directly to the More... screen or show them all on the tasks screen. The same would go for someone using folders as it also presents only 3 of the folders on the first screen.Interestingly if you select "Due Date" you are presented with loads of options directly so why add additional steps to the other ways of viewing tasks?

And while I'm at it... could you offer a way to declutter the task list by turning off showing Folder and Due Date when viewing tasks via context, this would make the list of next actions much cleaner (same for viewing by priority and by folder). The Show button doesn't present the ability to turn priority or folder off, only context. Could go some way to addressing the request for smaller font size as more task descriptions would be visible on a single screen.

Michael

Add me to the list of people who want the choice of a smaller font size. Looks like a great update.
Mike

Score: 3 Reference
Like the update - not a fan of the color scheme... too much grey tones...

hope we get an option to add some color back..
M

Like it so far, and hate to immediately hit you with, "But what about's", but I would add votes for the following
1) more color options (I particularly miss the green checkmark when I complete a task)
2) Even though, in the previous version, I did NOT have the status field displayed, I could FILTER by deferred tasks. I could set status in the web interface, but continue to HIDE deferred tasks on the iPhone. That seems to have gone away -- I now have to DISPLAY the status field on the iPhone which, given the limited space, I prefer to not do.

Thanks!
BobZ

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by witness:
Two suggested improvements to the new iPhone app:

2. Offer the option to hide the dark "Importance" bars in the listings on the iPhone app. It too offers little information benefit for as much screen real estate as it takes up.

Thanks

I agree completely.
woklist

The german translation is awfull. Text is to long, and winds up somwhere in other fields an controls. Settings -screens are nearly unusable/unreadable.

:-((
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.