ForumsNewsToodledo for iOS downgraded

Toodledo for iOS downgraded
hamilton.carl

Posted: Dec 18, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I too appreciated the new design, and was sad to see that I could not undo the downgrade.
As said by previous commenters, there will always be complaints about a new UI.

Keep up the good work. When teaching project management, I recommend and teach using Toodledo, which I intend to continue doing.
apastuszak

Posted: Dec 23, 2012
The new UI was such a huge improvement over the old one! I will sit at 3.0 forever rather go back to the old UI.
christian.borel

Posted: Dec 25, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I miss subtasks and new UI from version 3.0.0. Much more efficient. For me, it is not a good Christmas gift to downgrade. When do we get back the upgrade and its many new features ?
lukaszkarbownik

Posted: Dec 26, 2012
I missed the update. Is it possible to install 3.0.0 now? Maybe someone can provide me with 3.0.0 ipa file? Will it work?
Purveyor

Posted: Dec 26, 2012
You can try the instructions in JPR's post here:
iOS app update version 3.0
(Scroll down the page to the highlighted post.)

If you have a Mac, you can try my instructions here:
Upon update of Toodledo app
Of course, you would be restoring version 3.0 rather than 2.4.2.
betsys

Posted: Dec 28, 2012
I loved some of the ideas in the upgrade but sadly, the light grey on medium gray was just a blur on the iPad mini to these middle aged eyes.

Being able to choose the font size would probably go a long way towards making everyone happy.

Still on my wish list: subtasks indented or otherwise identified on the iPad

thank you for all your hard work!
Rob

Posted: Jan 01, 2013
I guess I'm odd man out. I loved the UI change, although I agree that offering some color themes and font sizes would help older eyes. Overall it is much more useful. I would be happy to beta test the modified release just to get it back!

Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged. Change is hard. Just ask Microsoft. :P

Regards,
Rob
cj

Posted: Jan 05, 2013
For me, it was not the UI change (colors etc) ... there were fundamental flaw that prevented me from using ToodleDo at all (or effectively). The last update was a nonstarter for me on iOs ... and instead I struggled to manage my lists using the browser on the ipad - clumsy without a mouse, and sometimes impossible if I am offline.

So Kudos for Toodledo for doing the right thing and rolling back. I was so so grateful for this! The new (flawed) ios version debuted just a few days before I was set to leave for 3.5 weeks abroad and I would have been completely sunk. I was ecstatic for the rollback. I do look forward to anything new, but the latest just didn't hit the mark.

Right now I am generally happy with the UI and functionality on IOS (android sucks - but I am still keeping my hopes up ; ) would really love a substantial (usable) Android version well before any iOS updates. But that's just me.
dontomp

Posted: Jan 06, 2013
Just wanted to say that I tried the new version and I liked it. :O Everything worked fine, as far as I could tell, so I was surprised that it was withdrawn. Hope to see it again soon.
jimkilgore

Posted: Jan 06, 2013
Well, screwed that up. Was distracted and hit update all, good bye 3.0.0... No backup with that version on it.. Now back to the old "3.0.1" version..

Anyway, is there any word on when the new version will be out, or I guess the better question would be will the next version continue to be the old version, or will it be the new version *grin*.

Thank you for your hard work and I look forward to the next evolution of the app.
vct1227

Posted: Jan 07, 2013
I liked the new version and hope to see it back soon. Just my 2 cents.
canscot

Posted: Jan 10, 2013
I have to include a strong vote in favour of the new design. I had got tired of the old interface and its inherent clunkiness and started using Apple's reminders for location alerts etc. Eventually I started moving everything across.

With the new design, the improvements were such that I started moving everything back. I will not be "updating" to the old interface again.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2013.
Jrodwin

Posted: Jan 12, 2013
I kept the version 3.0 upgrade on my iPhone and IPad. Unlike some others who have posted, I liked the grey on grey color scheme, and I enjoyed working with the new design. I appreciate all of the time and effort that went into the new design, and I am looking forward to future versions of the new design.
Jason Bushell

Posted: Jan 14, 2013
I REALLY liked the new design.

Looked a million times better. Sad I had to go back.
jphuntsok

I keep the new version (3.0 upgrade) on my IPad too becouse I like the new desighn more although there are some minor bugs in it. Looking forward for the next version of the app!
Joyce

Some of the "minor bugs" rendered it unusable for folks. My filters didn't work properly and I can see how some people found it difficult to read.

I'm wondering how the work is going to fix the issues?
Steven_S

Posted: Jan 15, 2013
Hi,
Looked at the app "priorities" today. That allows you to add specific tasks to the ios-calendar. Any chance to get this implemented on Toodledo for iPhone?
Thx
markmccoid

Posted: Jan 15, 2013
Just wanted to put my hand up for the new UI. I really like it much better than the old.

Thanks
bahetc

Posted: Jan 16, 2013
So can we please get an update on when and if the new UI will be released and modifications if any to what we had seen previously....please!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.