ForumsNewsReorganized section for import, export and sync tools.

Reorganized section for import, export and sync tools.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Over the years, we have grown to include many different ways to export, import, sync and connect Toodledo with a variety of different external services. Previously, these different services were scattered around in several different places on Toodledo. The "Connections" page held many of these services and it was a very long and cluttered list.

Today we have consolidated all of these things into one page, and de-cluttered it so that it is much easier to find what you want. The new Import/Export/Sync page is accessible from the left sidebar on our website.
frossie

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
That does look MUCH better.
Alan

Posted: Mar 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Today we have consolidated all of these things into one page, and de-cluttered it so that it is much easier to find what you want. The new Import/Export/Sync page is accessible from the left sidebar on our website.

Can I offer feedback?

First of all, I would make it much more evident how to import data from Remember The Milk. There are many posts over at the RTM forums now referring to Toodledo and many of their users could be convinced to move over to Toodledo. Making it very obvious on the Import/Export/Sync section that you use iCal to import your RTM tasks would be a wise business move. RTM users who are considering a switch but are daunted by the thought over having to manually enter their data here would be happy to see that it can be easily done with iCal, but would never think to look there to find the info. I would make importing RTM data much move obvious!

Secondly, the references to the third party apps "Todo" and "Pocket Informant" are hidden at the bottom of your own iPhone app. Again, I would make those obvious in the third-party apps section at the bottom of the main page for Import/Export/Sync, to appeal to those who may want to consider a move, but not wish to pay for another iPhone app. I can see why you may want to encourage them to buy your app, but I would think it's better to get them onto Toodledo with their own software than not at all, no?

This message was edited Mar 20, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions.
Proximo

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
I think the new organized section is so much better. One of the best features of Toodledo is the number of ways to connect to it. This is just great.

Thanks
Jeremy

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
I would like to suggest that you add Dial2Do.com. I find their service light years ahead of Jott in transcription and functionality. Its also free.
frossie

Posted: Mar 24, 2009
Posted by Jeremy:
I would like to suggest that you add Dial2Do.com. I find their service light years ahead of Jott in transcription and functionality. Its also free.

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that people are already using Dial2Do with toodledo by using the email interface, so no specific sync technology is needed?
Jeremy

Posted: Mar 24, 2009
@frossie

You are partially correct and only a few of those items require true "sync technology", so what would it hurt?

Its just like Jott, only better. Should Jott be removed from the list?

This message was edited Mar 24, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.