ForumsNewsFirefox Addon updated

Firefox Addon updated
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Our Firefox Addon has been updated with the following enhancements and bug fixes.

1) Updated to support Firefox version 3.1b3
2) Folders, contexts and goals will now be sorted as they are on Toodledo.com
3) Passwords with the # character will now work properly
4) Adding a task with a # in the name will now work properly
5) Archived goals will be hidden
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
It still doesn't work right when you try to "ToodleDo This page" from gmail. The # still gets you in trouble. Any plans on working a fix in that way? That would be awesome, and would blow away even RTM's gmail addon. It would be great to have a shortcut key to "ToodleDo This Page" also.

I appreciate your work on this!

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please explain how the # gets you into trouble. It seemed to work for us.
Ian McLeod

The odd thing is that, despite upgrading to 1.6, Firefox is still saying I need to upgrade, but to version *1.60*. The installed version does say 1.6.

Is this a local issue or an extension updating issue?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Apparently, Firefox thinks that 1.6 and 1.60 are different. We just fixed it, so if you install the "update" again, it will stop wanting to update anymore.
Vin Thomas

If I right click on one of my gmail messages and choose "ToodleDo This Page" the note does note does not include the # so when I click the address I just get taken to a blank screen.

Thanks!
Vin Thomas

Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hmm, interesting. We'll have to investigate further.
dascalargo

Posted: Mar 20, 2009
I would really like a way to change the font size for the addon. It's much larger than it needs to be for me, thus it takes up too much real estate on the screen. I know it can be changed for the website through CSS, but the addon is always present on my screen, so that's more important.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Vin Thomas

Another huge feature missing is the ability to add saved searches to the slim sidebar. That would make my life SO much easier.
randall

Posted: May 13, 2009
In the Firefox add-in, is there a way to go into a task and then back out of it to the previous "level" without having to go all the way back to the top? For example, I go into FOLDERS, then go into one of my folders, then click on a task to see the NOTE field, and the only option I have to exit the task (by clicking either the Toodledo logo or the refresh button) is to go all the way back to the top.

A clickable hierarchy is displayed when I'm viewing the contents of the folder...how about adding the hierarchy to the individual tasks or creating an "Up one level" button or something? That would be very helpful.
Anders

When viewing individual tasks is the only time you don't have an option to go up a single level, and of course this applies to the slim site as well as all the gadgets, and the Firefox addon which are based on it. It would be nice if the links remained even when looking at tasks.

Edit: I'm looking at the addon now and thinking about this, and I think it would be great if we could click on any of the categories from a particular task (Folder/Context/Priority, and be taken up to that list, not only the list that we used to get to the task.

This message was edited May 13, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
lite1

Posted: May 16, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Our Firefox Addon has been updated with the following enhancements and bug fixes.

New, just upgraded to Pro; and just visited News forum for 1st time. Unfortunately did not see that OP was dated March 18, 2009 only that latest post was 1 day ago.

Perhaps TD already does this or would consider:
1) Email user when there is update to any software.
2) On for example FF Addon page indicate date of last update; if it had been there I'd have realized that I was already upto date as I only started with TD 10 days ago.
3) In Sidebar where you show reminder that Pro Subscription is expiring soon (or really any other place in Sb) have indication that update is available and keep note there for a week.

I'm sure that many happy users never visit the forum but would like to be upto date. You folks are great and I am pleased to have TD be a part of my life.

Edward
Anders

The emailing idea's not bad, but I would like to just be able to subscribe to forums/topics. For instance Toodledo always puts update information in this forum. You know i've never checked, but I wonder if you can subscribe to an RSS of the Toodledo News under "Help&News". That could solve the problem of update notification.

Edit: You can subscribe to the news blog with RSS. Can't believe I never checked that before. Anyway that should be a good way to stay on top of updates, etc. You can find the News blog under Help & News, but here is a link straight to the news RSS: http://www.toodledo.com/info/news_rss.php

This message was edited May 16, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
RSS is the way we intended to notify people of updates. If you want email, there are RSS to Email translators out there that you can use. In addition, Firefox and iPhone have built in notification when a new update is available to our addon/app.
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
Firefox and iPhone have built in notification when a new update is available to our addon/app.

True, but the last Firefox addon update took quite a while after it was available to be made "official". I think the forums and RSS are great, but I wanted mention that.
bretrbowser

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Posted by Vin Thomas:
If I right click on one of my gmail messages and choose "ToodleDo This Page" the note does note does not include the # so when I click the address I just get taken to a blank screen.

Thanks!

Hi, has this issue been resolved? I have the same issue.
Anders

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Posted by bretrbowser:
Hi, has this issue been resolved? I have the same issue.

It turns out this happens because Google uses something called dynamic ajax URL rewriting. See this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2205/0/firefox-addon-and-gmail.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.