ForumsNewsiOS App Version 3.0.5

iOS App Version 3.0.5
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Our iOS app has been updated to version 3.0.5. It includes:

* Fixed an issue where the Notes section was sometimes not syncing correctly.
* Adjusted font sizes based on continued feedback from our users.
* Editing Goals and Locations in landscape orientation will work now
* Fixed some errors with the "Start Page" feature working with the Notebook section
* Fixed a bug where the height of a task's note was sometimes too short causing the last line to be hidden.
* Fixed a bug were tapping on a subtask and then on it's parent and then editing the parent's note would not work.
* Fixed a bug where the "Add Task" button could disappear on iPad's running iOS 5.
* Fixed a bug where the date picker was not remembering your preference (calendar or wheels) on iPad.
* Fixed a bug where the "No Tag" filter was not checked when enabled
* Fixed crash when using a filter in landscape on iOS 5 on the iPhone.

More updates on the way soon.

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.
efcostello

Score: 2 Reference
Strangely, when I opened app after the update, it had reverted to old e-mail/password credentials. When I tried to enter new credentials, I keps geting a error that I was using the wrong e-mail/password info. Rebooted my iPhone and that cleared up the problem
paul_1351977321

Does 3.0.5 provide an option to use the interface from 3.0.1? Is that one of the "updates on the way soon?" Thanks.
fool

Score: 1 Reference
When I launch the apps after the update, it prompted that "it was unable to sync with toodledo, please check email and password.", etc.

I checked the account information inside setting and found nothing wrong with the email. I tried to re-enter the password, but the apps keep on prompting "please check email and password"

I re-booted the machine and syncing works again. Strange !
Xxx_2

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by paul_1351977321:
Does 3.0.5 provide an option to use the interface from 3.0.1? Is that one of the "updates on the way soon?" Thanks.

I'm still using 3.0.1 ... I update my iPhone whenever any new release of apps appears, but being careful not upgrade Toodledo. I'll wait to see if any upcoming update brings the option of at least parts of 3.0.1, for me, the best in terms of usability and visual so far. I really like Toodledo, but liked the old interface or, on the other hand, some things I did not like on the new interface ...
Steve_1354340810

Posted: May 09, 2013
I've had the same problems as others on both iPad and iPhone. Unfortunately even rebooting the devices hasn't helped. Will try uninstall/reinstall sequence and will report back.
kzkysd

The same trouble happens to me. I've never seen such a devastating daily use app which, not only got unusable UI for meaningless fashion and dull response but also finally unable to sync between web and iPhone in updating.
gtrevor

Same problem, I now can't sync my devices!!
paul_1351977321

Score: 1 Reference
I do the same thing in that I am careful never to update Toodledo. I took the additional step of copying "Toodledo 3.0.1.ipa" to a safe place so that if I were to update by mistake I could restore it. I hope the Toodledo team provides the 3.0.1 interface as an option, because I will immediately become a Pro user when they do.

Posted by Edu:
Posted by paul_1351977321:

I'm still using 3.0.1 ... I update my iPhone whenever any new release of apps appears, but being careful not upgrade Toodledo. I'll wait to see if any upcoming update brings the option of at least parts of 3.0.1, for me, the best in terms of usability and visual so far. I really like Toodledo, but liked the old interface or, on the other hand, some things I did not like on the new interface ...
bahetc

Can we change the font size to be smaller?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It appears that there is a strange upgrade bug that we never encountered in testing. Im not sure yet why the app thinks the password is incorrect, but we are investigating. In the meantime, this should solve the problem:

1) Press the home button to return to the home screen.
2) Double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking dock.
3) Tap and hold on the Toodledo icon until it starts to jiggle.
4) Tap the red - symbol in the upper left corner of the Toodledo icon to force quit the app.
5) Relaunch Toodledo
6) Enter your password in the Sync Settings page and press save.

Very sorry for the inconvenience. I know that our iOS app is a disappointment to many people, myself included. Last week, I hired another iOS developer to help us fix things, so it should get better.
slateboy

On update the list of notes for "today" displayed as the text "null" rather than "today"
also deleting a task from my hotlist made the top search bar scroll down to fill the space rather than all the lower tasks scroll up to fill the space.
Didn't notice any font changes either.
Fixes still needed.
dgeveke

Posted: May 10, 2013
Give me an older version too. In the latest version, after editing a task, say half way down the list of tasks, you are automatically brought back to the top of your list. Then you have to scroll down to the middle if you want to edit the next item, and then you go back to the first item on your list again. If you edit 10 items, this gets tedious. The older version didn't move you to the top of the list, but kept you where you were.
Paul Nielson

Posted: May 11, 2013
Thanks! that's got me back up and syncing.
brage.strand

Posted: May 11, 2013
Broke my sync :/ Had to reinstall the app again to get it to work
gothick

Posted: May 12, 2013
I did the "kill the app" thing as a workaround for the incorrect password problem yesterday, and Toodledo started working fine, but I started it up this morning and I had to do the workaround again, because it was again complaining that my details weren't right.

Another, vaguely-related bit of feedback: the sync config screen's "On/Off" sliders for the options really look "off" to me when they're in the "on" state. The complete lack of colour and "greyed-out" look to them when "On" really "feels" to me like they're not switched on when they are...
Tecbloke

Hi

Thanks for the update, the reboot worked for me.
Could you leave a note on the blog page acknowledging the problem so others don't have a dig for a solution.

Thanks

Matty
Purveyor

Posted by gothick:
Another, vaguely-related bit of feedback: the sync config screen's "On/Off" sliders for the options really look "off" to me when they're in the "on" state. The complete lack of colour and "greyed-out" look to them when "On" really "feels" to me like they're not switched on when they are...
I agree.

This what I said more than two months ago:
Throughout the app, the "ON/OFF" switch is light grey when "ON". This is not consistent with the ON/OFF switches in other iOS apps or in the iPhone/iPad Settings, which use blue for "ON". Seems to me that you decided that there was too much blue so you went with light grey even though the iOS default offers better visibility.
From: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16715/-79335/ios-app-update-302.html

This message was edited May 12, 2013.
Bulbousest

Same incorrect password issue here, the "kill the app" thing worked for me as well, but then again today had to do it again (it worked again).

On a completely unrelated note, one thing that has bugged me for quite awhile (this isn't new with version 3.05 or even 3.01) -- I have a pin set up for my iPhone app, and frequently when I start to key in my password, it locks up, and will not accept any more input from the keypad -- can't backspace and start over, can't do anything except use the main button to exit toodledo, and then come back in, and re-enter my pin.

Really looking forward to a bug-fix for the password thing -- if I keep having to re-enter my password every couple days, it's going to get old quick (I have a long / randomly generated password, so I have to look it up and carefully enter it each time)
Xxx_2

Posted by Jake:
It appears that there is a strange upgrade bug that we never encountered in testing. Im not sure yet why the app thinks the password is incorrect, but we are investigating. In the meantime, this should solve the problem:

1) Press the home button to return to the home screen.
2) Double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking dock.
3) Tap and hold on the Toodledo icon until it starts to jiggle.
4) Tap the red - symbol in the upper left corner of the Toodledo icon to force quit the app.
5) Relaunch Toodledo
6) Enter your password in the Sync Settings page and press save.

Very sorry for the inconvenience. I know that our iOS app is a disappointment to many people, myself included. Last week, I hired another iOS developer to help us fix things, so it should get better.

Jake, as you can see by the comments, are not only issues relating to the interface (colors and patterns, etc ...) but also the behavior of the app, as reported by dgeveke below. I'm happy with your news about investments in iOS developers ... I would like to see what worked in 3.0.1 running on the new version, plus options of colors, fonts, etc ... Toodledo is a great app and would look even better with these implementations!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.