ForumsNewsiOS App Version 3.0.5

iOS App Version 3.0.5
toodle_1323637911

Posted: May 12, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Same sync problem on the ipad 4. None of my other toodla mobile apps have any problem.
On the tasks page I get an error 1001 and on the sync page "please check your email and password"
Restarting app doesn't fix it neither does rebooting.
However it will randomly decide to accept the details and sync. Doesn't work 90% of the time though.
Only been happening 4 days.

Just seen "key did not validate" on task sync progress bar on task page.

This message was edited May 13, 2013.
helmboldt

Posted: May 13, 2013
I am having the same problem with my password. I use Toodledo on my MacBook Air, iPhone 4S, iPad 1 and iPad 3. On each of the iPads and the iPhone the password problem recurs over and over. Have rebooted, etc. and today, on one of the iPads it sync's but the Due Dares are out of sync with others. This seems to be a continuing problem to others and i gather for many at least it occurred when we updated to 3.0.5. I like Toodledo and don't want to have to change over to another, i.e. Informant Pro. Thank you. Niles
djin33

Hi,

I'm also getting an "Error 1001".

I've tried:
1) deleting and reinstalling the app
2) purge data and resync
Greg Dietz

I along with other people on this forum have experienced the synch issues with both the Iphone and Ipad apps. The app wont synch and it tells me that "synch failed" and that the app was unable to log into toodledo.
Wenda-Virtual Assi...

OK, maybe I did something wrong, but after I opened the iphone app on my ipad all of my past completed tasks were added back to my active tasks. I didn't go through all of the messages in the forum to see if I should have done something different before opening the app. I don't think this happened prior to May 1.
dgeveke

Further to Edu's post, there is really only one interface problem that bugs me. When editing a note in a task, the Save button (in the upper right-hand corner) has a dark blue font with a moderately dark blue background. This has got to be one of the worst combinations for ease of reading. In the next version, please consider using a white font on a blue background similar to the convention used by Apple.
zsterling

I am having the same issues as listed above, (except the past tasks becoming active again). I tried the "fix" listed before and it did work, but only a few times. A fix is needed, soon please.
boo33y

Posted: May 14, 2013
Posted by paul_1351977321:
I do the same thing in that I am careful never to update Toodledo. I took the additional step of copying "Toodledo 3.0.1.ipa" to a safe place so that if I were to update by mistake I could restore it. I hope the Toodledo team provides the 3.0.1 interface as an option, because I will immediately become a Pro user when they do.

Posted by Edu:
Does 3.0.5 provide an option to use the interface from 3.0.1? Is that one of the "updates on the way soon?" Thanks.

I'm still using 3.0.1 ... I update my iPhone whenever any new release of apps appears, but being careful not upgrade Toodledo. I'll wait to see if any upcoming update brings the option of at least parts of 3.0.1, for me, the best in terms of usability and visual so far. I really like Toodledo, but liked the old interface or, on the other hand, some things I did not like on the new interface ...

I will be the broken record.

Although it is nice that 3.04 and 3.0.5 are getting faster for users of 3.0.2/3.0.3, what will happen when our 3.0.1 app breaks down? I don't want to be forced to switch to the newer UI or a different app.

Isn't there a way to have 2 apps? I mentioned 2 apps again because it seems the newer UI is getting faster but it is still not as fast as 3.0.1 or 2.X.X so themes or a change in stylesheets might not work that much.

Is it about cost? I use Toodledo daily and would be willing to buy a 5 year subscription when there's a great chance that in 3 years I'll switch to a smartphone running Mer.

This is not my way of saying "name your price" or "take the blank on your way out" but more of a complaint that to keep using our favorite UI we have to forgo updates and improvements.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 15, 2013
An update was just released that we think will fix this problem. Please download version 3.0.6 from the app store and give it a try. You may have to enter your email/password one time to get syncing to work, but it should work after that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
mlaycock

Posted: May 16, 2013
I noticed yesterday that v3.0.5 wasn't syncing my notes, although the tasks were syncing fine. Upgraded to v3.0.6, and now notes are syncing but not consistently. The app is not inspiring confidence at the moment. Looking forward to a fix.
paul_1351977321

Posted: May 17, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Any comment on this thread from a Toodledo Admin? I saw that v3.0.6 does not mention this change. Can you confirm/deny that providing the option to use the v3.0.1 interface is in v3.0.7 or a future release? Thanks!

Posted by boo33y:
I do the same thing in that I am careful never to update Toodledo. I took the additional step of copying "Toodledo 3.0.1.ipa" to a safe place so that if I were to update by mistake I could restore it. I hope the Toodledo team provides the 3.0.1 interface as an option, because I will immediately become a Pro user when they do.

Posted by Edu:
Does 3.0.5 provide an option to use the interface from 3.0.1? Is that one of the "updates on the way soon?" Thanks.

I'm still using 3.0.1 ... I update my iPhone whenever any new release of apps appears, but being careful not upgrade Toodledo. I'll wait to see if any upcoming update brings the option of at least parts of 3.0.1, for me, the best in terms of usability and visual so far. I really like Toodledo, but liked the old interface or, on the other hand, some things I did not like on the new interface ...

I will be the broken record.

Although it is nice that 3.04 and 3.0.5 are getting faster for users of 3.0.2/3.0.3, what will happen when our 3.0.1 app breaks down? I don't want to be forced to switch to the newer UI or a different app.

Isn't there a way to have 2 apps? I mentioned 2 apps again because it seems the newer UI is getting faster but it is still not as fast as 3.0.1 or 2.X.X so themes or a change in stylesheets might not work that much.

Is it about cost? I use Toodledo daily and would be willing to buy a 5 year subscription when there's a great chance that in 3 years I'll switch to a smartphone running Mer.

This is not my way of saying "name your price" or "take the blank on your way out" but more of a complaint that to keep using our favorite UI we have to forgo updates and improvements.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2013
The option to use our old UI is not available right now and is not planned for a future update.
Martys To Do

Posted: Jun 03, 2013
I upgraded to 3.0.7.
As with all interface changes, it took awhile to be as efficient with the new look.
Thank you for being responsive with the changes; the fonts are easier on the eye, the program is responsive -- even on my iPhone 4 -- and it is still the most practical GTD program I have seen.
I am looking forward to its further development.
Chris

Posted: Jun 06, 2013
I'm very happy with the current version of the iOS app, which I find runs much faster than version 2.x. many thanks for all the hard work in producing and improving it.

There's one thing that I think it would be nice to be ironed out, though. There is a box with a number in it next to the SHOW button in the filter bar at the top, which indicates how many tasks exist but are hidden from view because of the current filter settings. If you're viewing the subtasks of a parent task, however, the box always reads 0, even if there are subtasks that are hidden because of the filter setting. It would be nice if that box could show hidden subtasks in this situation - I'm pretty sure that's how it worked under previous versions of the app.

Be great if that could be looked into, but once again, thank you for all your hard work and for continuing to develop a great set of tools that I use morning, noon and night, every day.
sfe

Posted: Jun 16, 2013
I downloaded v3.0.7 (2606) on my iPad. From time to time there is still a problem to sync notebooks. The iOS-app doesn't recognizes changes correctly.
dchow

Posted: Jun 24, 2013
I'm also running into problems with 3.0.7 syncing notebooks on my iPhone. It's not recognizing changes made on the web, and not updating to the latest version.
mminnolera

Posted: Jun 25, 2013
I am seeing the same issue as well. Any changes made on the iPad or iPhone are pushed up without issues. Changes made on the web are not reliably pushed down.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.