ForumsNewsiOS App Version 3.0.8

iOS App Version 3.0.8
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Our iOS app has been updated to version 3.0.8. It includes:

* Improved performance of loading lists by around 35%
* Fixes crash when tapping the "show" button on iOS 5.1 with context field enabled
* Adjustments to background colors to make the app feel brighter
* Notifications will now be removed one at a time as you view them in the Notification Center.
* Fixed bug where app wouldn't sync when passcode was enabled with a delay
* Fixed bug with editing the "repeat" field for non-english languages

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.
krellan

Posted: Jun 25, 2013
Nice!

Would it be possible to apply the performance improvement to the Web client (the main page at toodledo.com) also?

I made the mistake of copying some tasks from journals at work into ToodleDo, thinking that it would be able to handle the job of keeping track of them for me, but unfortunately, it seems to not scale very well. I'm hitting a performance wall. I don't want to use it for tasks because by the time the page finishes loading, I could have written it down faster on pen and paper.

I just waited over 90 seconds for my page to load, Chrome said it was unresponsive and wanted to stop, but I told it to keep going. Eventually, ToodleDo gave up after 2000 tasks. Unfortunately, the task I was searching for wasn't one of the "lucky 2000" to be considered as part of the search, so I got no search results at all. It's unfortunate that search results would not be filtered before being sent to the browser, which results in a huge amount of data being transferred needlessly.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2013
I think that we may have finally diagnosed the issue causing Note entries to sync unreliably. It seems that if you launch the app from a cold start (meaning it was not running in the background already) and "Sync on Start" happens while you are not viewing the Notes section, the synced Notes may not be saved reliably.

Now that we are able to reproduce this issue somewhat reliably, we can work on a fix. In the meantime, a workaround is to set your start-page to "Notes". Or disable "Sync on Start" and manually sync until we can fix the issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience with this bug. This has been a very difficult and frustrating issue to track down since it has multiple pre-conditions that are not normally exhibited in a testing environment. We will get this fixed in the next release (2.0.9) and we are putting in place more rigorous automated testing to help catch these types of things in the future.
Nauman Abbasi

Posted: Jul 12, 2013
Task To Do Pro for Android has some great features that maybe the iOS app should look at implementing:

- ability to remove checkboxes from task list
- ability to have tasks due today show up in red
- ability to have items show up on one line only
- ability to change font sizes
- ability to show additional notes for each task
- ability to change how date shows up (ie: 2013-07-12 could be show as Fri, Jul 12)
- ability to Edit, Copy, Delete, Schedule for Today, Schedule for Tomorrow, Defer By and Share by simply holding down on a task... much better than having to go into the editor screen each time to change the task
strativourakis

Posted: Jul 17, 2013
I agree with Krellan: There is something seriously wrong with searching on the Toodledo.com webpage/webapp.

Literally, by the time a search on the website completes, I am able to pull my iPad from my bag, open it up, click it into its keyboard, open the Toodledo app search for and find exactly what I'm looking for. It's that slow.

My PC is an i7, 12GB RAM, SSD, with a 50+MBPS cable connection. I've got an incredibly fast & capable PC, yet searching for tasks on Toodledo.com is worthless.

Can you please look into this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 17, 2013
I just optimized quick search on this website. It should be about 10x faster now :)
strativourakis

Posted: Jul 18, 2013
Wow....Jake....I both want to smack myself for not simply asking/posting a comment sooner, and also whack you for not doing this sooner too. ;-) Haha.

The search is now *exponentially* faster and actually useful on the ToodleDo.com website!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
strativourakis

Posted: Jul 18, 2013
Back on the topic of the app update, when you update the app to include the Outlines section, I will definitely update my app and maybe upgrade to a Pro Plus subscription.

Thanks!
evielync

Posted: Aug 06, 2013
Any chance we would be getting the ability to view or create searches on the IOS apps? I have searches that I live in on the web version... but would like to see the ability to sync those to the IOS apps.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 06, 2013
Saved search will be in the next release.
simon work

Posted: Aug 07, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
GREAT. Love a response which isn't "on the list". Look forward to the next release.
pjlewis

Posted: Aug 08, 2013
Saved searches in the iOS app will make a massive improvement Jake, enabling people to unleash the same power as the web for their offline work. I really look forward to this - it will allow me to optimise my flows.
SyneRyder

Posted: Aug 09, 2013
+1 for saved searches! They make a huge difference to workflow, looking forward to it... might convince me to upgrade from 3.0.2 with the old UI finally ;)

(Bonus points if saved searches make it into the Mac Menubar app...)
bruce

Posted: Aug 24, 2013
What new iOS features can we expect? And when can we expect them?

Bruce
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.