ForumsNewsiOS App Version 3.1 - Saved Search

iOS App Version 3.1 - Saved Search
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 29, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Our iOS app has been updated with one of our top requested features.

Saved Search - A saved search is a custom list that shows just the tasks that match your search criteria. Once you create your saved searches on Toodledo.com they will sync to the app and be available for viewing. Saved searches cannot yet be created or edited in the app, this is scheduled for a future update. For more info about saved searches: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

We have also added the following enhancements:
* Facebook Integration - Post any task to your Facebook page to share your accomplishments with your friends. Access this from the task details page. (iOS6 and up only)
* Duplicate and Delete Notes - You can now do these actions from the action button in top right corner of the note's details page.
* Added a tutorial video to the in-app documentation.
* Some UI refinements and minor bug fixes

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.
Salgud

Eureka! Up until now, I only used the iOS app for those occasions when I was away from my desk and thought of a task to add to my list, since I rarely venture out from my Saved Searches. 99% of what I do in TD is there. So having Saved Searches on my phone now makes it a useful tool for everyday application.

Thanks to Jake and the TD team!
Ann M

This is fantastic as I won't need to print them out any longer! Thank you very much. Once the outlines are on the iOS App then I'll be totally portable. I really love this product and can't live without it.
aclift

Score: 2 Reference
I'm using an iPhone 4s with iOS 6. Ever since I updated Toodledo to version 3.1 earlier today, I'm getting an error where I can't add any tasks within the iPhone app. I'm only able to add tasks in the web version of Toodledo. Is anyone else having this problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
aclift

I just created the support ticket. I hope that the support team can figure out the problem.
sdelemazure

I havé the same pb on m'y iPhone 5 : création and synchronisation do not work
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not been able to reproduce the problem of added tasks not adding. We are trying to figure out what is going wrong. If you could please create a support ticket if this is affecting you, we will try to help everyone who is having trouble.
drtonywardhull

Since downloading the update I can't add tasks - the normal window comes up but nothing is added to the list
pjlewis

Saved searches is a major enhancement to useability Jake and should allow me to significantly improve my workflow. Another great enhancement. Well done mate.
LGS

Score: 1 Reference
Seems like the ios update today is screwed up. Can't add tasks. Synch not working. What is up?
LGS

Mine is 4s by the way.
charles.cave

Adding tasks works for me - IPhone 5.
tgoins

I can no longer add tasks through the iPad and tasks that are added trough the web page are not being added after sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry that the app is not behaving properly for some people. We have not yet been able to reproduce the problem, but we know how to fix it.

1) Sync the app with Toodledo.com and confirm that all of your data is on our website. If you don't yet have a Toodledo.com account, you can get one for free on our website.
2) Delete the app from your iOS device.
3) Re-download Toodledo from the App Store (Apple will not charge you again).
4) Enter your Toodledo.com account info to sync your data back into the app.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are working very hard to figure out what is going wrong here. If you need further assistance, please create a support ticket.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 30, 2013
We have finally figured out the problem and have submitted a fix to Apple and requested an expedited review. For those affected by the problem, deleting the app and reinstalling it will definitely fix it if you don't want to wait for our update. As a bonus, reinstalling may also make the app faster. Just be sure that you have synced with the website and backed up before you delete the app.

This bug only affects our long time users who have been using the app continuously since before Feb 23th 2012. If you had continuously upgraded from version 2.1.19 through 3.1 (about 20 updates over 18 months) there ended up being a single setting that got stuck and our last update triggered the stuck setting and caused this issue. If you had installed or reinstalled the app after Feb 23th 2012 then you would not have encountered this issue.

We test our updates a lot. We may spend more time testing than we do programming. Our tests do not include the scenario of upgrading from an 18 month old version of our app. This is why we did not encounter the problem in our testing and this is why it took us 30 hours to reproduce the issue. We will now start testing our updates in this manner to make sure that this type of issue does not happen again.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. We want you all to know that we take the stability of our app very seriously and we are ashamed by this situation. We are working very hard to make this app as solid as we can.

-Jake
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 04, 2013
Version 3.1.1 of our app is now available which will fix the problem that some people were having with our app not being able to create new tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.