ForumsNewsBest Project Management Tool

Best Project Management Tool
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
There is a poll going on right now over at Lifehacker for the best project management tool. Just thought Id let you all know in case you wanted to submit your vote.

http://lifehacker.com/whats-the-best-personal-project-management-tool-1440587976
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 13, 2014
They are doing it again. Please feel free to "star" your favorite to-do app in the comments here:

http://lifehacker.com/whats-the-best-to-do-list-manager-1542661877/all
Salgud

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Too bad you can't comment on this without giving up all your personal information, but that's the way the web is going.
kleerkoat

Posted: Mar 14, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
voted, a lot of comments on the GUI though. ;-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 14, 2014
Yes, it is one of the things we want to improve soon.
coolexplorer

Posted: Mar 17, 2014
Score: 6 Reference
Toodledo has rich features, infinite customizability and great syncing but loses out in 'modern/professional/halo' looks. Despite the improvements you have made under the hood, people still consider it old and not updated.
A person with a programming background may underestimate the importance of looks but for lay users initial perception is everything, and for frequent users a fresh look adds joy to everyday life.

Looks include:
1.Modern Fonttype.
2.Colors in prioritization, status, tags, symbols, etc.
3.Visual Calendar displaying Tasks like a diary/Google.

Just freshen up the look and get on top of the pack of competitors.
A lot of resources is being spread thin on Notes, List, Outlines, etc. Kindly accept that you will never be able to compete with Evernote, OneNote or Springpad but can be the best ToDo utility. Brand focus pays in the long-run.
SleepySpider_2

Score: 3 Reference
I don't think the interface is that bad.

Whenever someone says "updated interface" I immediately think "slow". I would rather have speedy decent interface, than awesome-looking slow interface.
Purveyor

Time to dig out this comment by Steve Jobs from about 10 years ago:
Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like... People think it's this veneer -- that the designers are handed this box and told, 'Make it look good!' That's not what we think design is. It's not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.

Unfortunately, not even Apple has been able to design an elegant task manager that matches the capabilities of Toodledo.

FWIW, I think that Jake's real strength is in creating and updating the Toodledo API. Several software developers have used it create apps that sync with Toodledo, including one of the apps mentioned in the Lifehacker blog -- Appigo's Todo, which was the first mobile app to sync with Toodledo.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2014.
Jason Bushell

Posted: Mar 18, 2014
Score: 3 Reference
I agree.

I'd take new features over new design everytime.

A lot of the "New" productivity tools dont even have great design.

It's minimalist BS.
SES21

Posted: Mar 23, 2014
I don't understand why people complain about the site's looks anyway but then I'll take function over form any day! I'd rather they work on adding features/functionality than making it look pretty, especially if that glam makes it load slower - which it likely would.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.