ForumsNewsUpdates to due dates and start dates

Updates to due dates and start dates
vancher

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've got the same problem in Firefox 3.0.9 and IE.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sigh. Looks like we botched this one big time. Sorry about that. The fix for multi-edit dates broken single-edit dates. *Slaps forehead*

It should be all working now.
juliesammons

Success! Thanks so much for the fast fix.
scrooks

Should this effect repeating start dates? (There's an entry here in the forum about that, http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1213/0/repeat-using-only-start-date.html) I tested things out with a start date and a repeat of every 2 days, and when I checked it off a due date suddenly showed up (and I'm not sure of the logic for the due date picked).

This message was edited Apr 15, 2009.
Martys To Do

This update is a great improvement.
Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The repeat option currently only works for due-dates. We will make it work for start-dates in a future update.
MikeyP

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:

3) When syncing your tasks to a calendar, like iCal or Google Calendar, the tasks will now be properly placed on the calendar at the time of day when they occur. You use start-date, start-time, due-date and due-time to specific when the event will appear on the calendar. If you omit one of the dates, we'll use the other date. If you omit one of the times, we will attempt to calculate it from the "length" field, otherwise it will be a zero length task or and all-day event if no times are specified. This should give people the flexibility that they need to keep track of tasks and events. Along with this, we have also fixed two iCal related bugs. Timezones will now be correctly applied, and non-english characters such as Chinese or Russian will now appear correctly in Google Calendar.

I subscribe to my Toodledo iCal with Outlook 2007. Before these changes, all tasks would appear in Outlook as all-day tasks. Now, tasks without a Start or Due Time appear in Outlook as tasks set at 12:00am. This is a bummer, as those tasks are no longer visible on-screen without scrolling the calendar.

Any ideas?
-Mike
Proximo

Toodledo,

I found something else I wanted to point out. It may not be an actual bug or anything I would consider broken, but it's just something I wanted to point out.

I love the fact that I can save some of my horizontal space with this new change. When I click on the icon to adjust my columns, I notice that when dragging the column width, all of them prevent you from making the column thinner than the text that it contains. This is much like Excel when you double click on the edge of a cell. The only column that will allow you to adjust the width regardless of the information contained in the column is the "Description" column. Well this just makes sense because you would not want to be restricted by the width of the largest description of a task.

Now that I bored everyone with that information, what I wanted to point out is that the new Due Date and Time column does not prevent you from making the width smaller than the data contained. In fact, I can change the width to the point where the column title is cut off. The others don't allow this and makes it easier to adjust everything knowing that you won't make any one of them too thin.

I don't know if that made any sense at all, but just wanted to point it out. After going back and forth several times to make sure I did not cut off the Due Date and Time column title, I found it frustrating.
steven_chanin

Toodledo,

I may be doing something wrong, but I used to be able to type short words (fri, sat, mon, next mon) in the due date field and have them recognized. Now if I type those, I get "no date" when the popup date picker goes away. Have those been de-supported? Is the only valid input now a m/d format date?

** Edit **
I've done some more testing / using and it seems to be inconsistent. When I'm creating a new task, it generally seems to work. However, it doesn't seem to recognize "sat" for Saturday even with new tasks. With Existing tasks that I'm editing, it initially wasn't recognizing any textual forms for days, but now seems to be working some of the time. It does some strange things (doesn't recognize "sat" and thinks "fri" == "next fri" when today is thursday) and I've seen it fail to recognize "today" a few times, but work other times.

I'm running on Mac OSX 10.5.6 with toodledo inside a Fluid SSB (version 0.9.6).

One other suggestion would be to make the popup appear with the current date selected rather than the cursor at the end of the current date. If you're in this field, you clearly want to change the date. Clicking on a new date replaces the current one, but if you are trying to type a new date, then having to start by deleting the current value or doing a select all is a pain.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.
zhava

Posted by frederi825:
[quote]I don't like how you now need to "mouse off" the date to select the one you've chosen. I preferred it when you could "tab off" a date and thereby select it.

I agree. I appreciate the enhancements, and I understand that you have to keep the date selection up for other choices to be made, but I find that this new way causes more keystrokes, AND it works differently than the other fields which also isn't as intuitive.
Anders

Posted by zhava:
Posted by frederi825:
I don't like how you now need to "mouse off" the date to select the one you've chosen. I preferred it when you could "tab off" a date and thereby select it.

I agree. I appreciate the enhancements, and I understand that you have to keep the date selection up for other choices to be made, but I find that this new way causes more keystrokes, AND it works differently than the other fields which also isn't as intuitive.

Maybe I am missing something here, but tab still works. It just moves you from the date box to the time box, and then sets the entry if you push it again. Also, you can just push enter after selecting the date if you want to bypass the time field.
Jeremy

I'm not seeing this feature work....

Posted by Toodledo...

3) When syncing your tasks to a calendar, like iCal or Google Calendar, the tasks will now be properly placed on the calendar at the time of day when they occur. You use start-date, start-time, due-date and due-time to specific when the event will appear on the calendar. If you omit one of the dates, we'll use the other date. If you omit one of the times, we will attempt to calculate it from the "length" field, otherwise it will be a zero length task or and all-day event if no times are specified.

Any thoughts?

Anders

Posted by Jeremy:
I'm not seeing this feature work....

Posted by Toodledo...

3) When syncing your tasks to a calendar, like iCal or Google Calendar, the tasks will now be properly placed on the calendar at the time of day when they occur. You use start-date, start-time, due-date and due-time to specific when the event will appear on the calendar. If you omit one of the dates, we'll use the other date. If you omit one of the times, we will attempt to calculate it from the "length" field, otherwise it will be a zero length task or and all-day event if no times are specified.

Any thoughts?

Two things: Do you have the Toodledo iCal feed set up on Google Calendar? How long have you waited since entering the timed tasks?
Google Calendar, if that is what you are using, updates only once or twice a day at the most. Sometimes it even seems to take a bit longer than that. I really hope Google does something to improve this, but it seems like they don't even acknowledge that it is an issue.
Stefan

I tried this due-date modifier by adding a task, which repeats every day. I set the option "optionally on" and I can see the "?" in front of the date. When the date is passed (and I didn't complete the task), it isn't moved forward to the next day. In the due date you can see this "?Yesterday". This can't be if I understood this feature.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I just re-tested things and the iCal date/time is working as we explained in our first post. Also, the Tab and Return keys are working to move and save the date/time.

If these aren't working for you, please open a support ticket so we can address your issue individually. It may be specific to your web browser or OS, so please provide as much detail in your support ticket as possible.

Stefan, optional tasks are moved forward at midnight in your timezone. Check your account settings to make sure your timezone is set correctly.

Thanks

Jake

Toodledo Founder
We just added a few more "Quick Dates" to make it quicker :)
Stefan

Posted by Toodledo:

Stefan, optional tasks are moved forward at midnight in your timezone. Check your account settings to make sure your timezone is set correctly.

Mmmh, I think I wait last night until midnight and the task wasn't moved forward, but maybe I did something wrong. The timezone is definitively correct, but I just gonna wait until the upcoming midnight...here in Germany it's now just about 90 minutes to midnight.

Btw. great task manager!!!
Stefan

Ok, I changed the timezone in that way, that midnight was passed a couple of minutes ago and the task wasn't moved forward. Any solutions for this problem?
Jeremy

I have had the task not move forward as well on some of my tasks. Some move forward just as they should, some do not.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.