ForumsNewsToodledo Channel for IFTTT

Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Today we are announcing a Toodledo Channel for IFTTT.com.

If you are not familiar with IFTTT, it lets you create powerful connections between services with one simple statement: "if this then that". With the Toodledo Channel at IFTTT, you can automate and integrate Toodledo into many different 3rd party services.

For example, you can create a Recipe to automatically add a task to your to-do list to bring an umbrella to work if it is going to rain tomorrow. Or, you can create a Recipe to automatically email you a copy of each task that you complete.

There are over 70 different Channels at IFTTT that you can integrate and automate with Toodledo. Put the internet to work for you!

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/ifttt.php
https://ifttt.com/toodledo
david.askew

Cool! I can't wait to see what cool stuff people come up with.
plamphear

This is great. Could you add the ability to set the Evernote reminder?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Evernote would have to create an "Action" for that before you could create a Recipe on IFTTT to do that.
ChristianDiscer

Very nice! Now I see the benefits of IFTTT.

Please create a Toodledo trigger for tasks added WITH a "due on/by/optional" date. Makes sense to add these tasks to my Google calendar.

Tasks with a "due by" date are added to the current date - shouldn't they be added to the date entered?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks again for implementing IFTTT.
daniel_h

Posted: Dec 20, 2013
Score: 4 Reference
and I would love to see a "context" trigger. when a collaborator adds a task to my workspace, the default is context="inbox." I suppose I could do the same with a tag...
moshner

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by daniel:
and I would love to see a "context" trigger. when a collaborator adds a task to my workspace, the default is context="inbox."

I agree. I use the context of "Project" and would like to have it automatically create a note in evernote with that same project name so that I can start tracking notes with they same name automatically.

However, THANK YOU!!! I have been waiting for this integration for a long time. I really appreciate you making this happen!

This message was edited Dec 20, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are already thinking of new triggers and actions to add to our IFTTT channel. I will add everyone's suggestions to our list.
JCarl

Posted: Dec 21, 2013
Could this be integrated into conversation stream software.
Paul

Posted: Dec 21, 2013
How do you assign a due date to the task based on the trigger (such as a new google calendar event)?
BobGott

Posted: Dec 22, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
Please create a Toodledo trigger for tasks added WITH a "due on/by/optional" date. Makes sense to add these tasks to my Google calendar.

Tasks with a "due by" date are added to the current date - shouldn't they be added to the date entered?.

I agree, great idea.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Dec 28, 2013
Please, create this triggers:

1) When task completed with specified location or tag
2) When task added with specified location or tag
2) When due date changes with specified location or tag
3) When context changes
4) When status changes

In general it will be very usefull to have the ability of filter triggers by location or tag.

Thank you for that new amazing stuff Jake !
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 28, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
vivendom.budget

Posted: Dec 29, 2013
more triggers...

When adding new lists.
When adding a row on a list.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Dec 30, 2013
Just a feature request:

Using recipe IF Toodledo THEN Toodledo you could implement
some kind of workflow like:

IF Task completed with specific ingredients: folder, location, tag, context...
THEN Add new task with specific folder, location, tag, status,...

Repeating that simple recipe you could implement workflows. Is it correct?

Please, could you add more ingredients in the available recipes?

You could trigger new tasks too, just changing values on status, context,....

Thank you !
sprouty76

Posted: Jan 02, 2014
Haven't actually tried it yet, but can already think of a few uses for it - a few of those uses will require a due date and start date to be specified when creating a new task, and as far as I can tell it's not currently possible to do that. I'd have thought that due date in particular would be useful to a lot of people, any chance of adding it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, we are looking into this when we update our IFTTT channel next.
kleerkoat

this was unexpected but very welcome news!
vivendom.budget

I agree with sprouty76 and resuming what i said before, please, before creating new triggers/actions, ADD more FIELDS for filtering better the available ones.

I'm sure that you are working on it, but adding Location, Tag, Status, Context, Due date... on those recipes, will increase IFTTT usability.

I know that we have the "New Task with Tag" option but we need to work with other fields.

Thanks!
Ianskuse

Posted: Jan 07, 2014
I'm new to IFTTT but have been using toodledo for a few years.
Can I suggest a past due task triggers an action.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.