ForumsNewsToodledo Android App

Toodledo Android App
JasonDLehman

Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Like many others, I have been using Ultimate To-Do List, although I use the ToodleDo website much more frequently. No Android apps currently come close to matching its functionality...but there's no reason they can't.

FWIW I contributed to the Backer campaign, and am willing to contribute some hours as a Project Management/Change Management/Testing resource if it helps move this along.
Paul

Posted: Feb 12, 2014
I installed the app a few days ago, and just did a search for a task I knew was due in July 2015. No results! I scrolled down (sorted by due date), and there's nothing after the end of 2014! Where's the rest? I can see all my tasks beyond 2014 on the web, but not in the Toodledo app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 13, 2014
You may have the "hide future tasks" filter enabled.
AnneIRL

Posted: Feb 14, 2014
I installed the new ap - still having ultimate to do installed and it didn't have all of the same functionality as ultimate to do - what's up with that?

Also, I had to change my password because I forgot it, and I was unable to log into the new ap it kept treating the sign in as a new registration and said the account already existed

So is it not yet ready for prime time? Should I have uninstalled ultimate?

Thanks! Good luck w/ the ap!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 14, 2014
There is some bug with changing accounts in the Toodledo Android app. If you get stuck in that state you will need to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. We will get this issue fixed.
BobGott

Posted: Feb 16, 2014
Score: -1 Reference
I hope this doesn't sound like a downer .. but I've using Ultimate To-Do List (www.todolist.co) for several years and it has a real robust set of features. On a short glance a lot more robust than MyToodle.

Out of curiosity why was Ultimate To-Do List out of the running?
robmutsaars

Posted: Feb 20, 2014
I may have found an inconsistency between the Toodledo Webapp and the Android app and this specifically concerns the "Hotlist". in the web app i have same tasks that are "on hold" or "waiting" but have a due date in the past or today. Because of the due date in the past, they appear on my hotlist. They however do not appear in the Hotlist in the Android app. Are the criteria for tasks appearing on Hotlist the same for the web version and the Android app ?
(furtermore the Android app is really good !!)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The criteria might be slightly different. We will work to make them match.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have just released the latest update to our Android app. It includes support for the length and timer fields.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Toodledo
dubislv

Posted: Feb 24, 2014
It is great news that you going to launch Android client!
I am ready to support this idea. But... I was testing current version and found, that is too simple.

Did you tried to contact GotToDo developer?
http://gottodoapp.wordpress.com/

He does not support the application from 2011 and tried to find somebody who willing to continue a development.

GotToDo application is much better than you starting from.
targheauto

I installed the app, it looks very nice but quite unusable in that it does not manage subtasks at all. Is it some setting I have to change or is it just a future development?
Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Subtasks is something that we plan to add if we get our stretch goals funded :)
targheauto

Posted: Feb 25, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I see. Why don't you have a look at DGT-GTD? That's, imho, one of the best GTD app and Toodledo client on the Play Store and has full functionality. Just a suggestion ... and thank you for your continuous effort in providing us with excellent solutions!
oletros

Posted: Feb 25, 2014
Posted by Jake:
Subtasks is something that we plan to add if we get our stretch goals funded :)

So, if it doesn't reach 10.000 the Android app won't support subtask management?
nico_las

Posted: Feb 26, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Hello,

great news to hear !

I was using very useful "Ultimate To-Do list", but I will give a chance to "Toodledo" new app because of the ugly interface of "Ultimate to-do".

I also participated in the crowdfunding campaign for the development of the new app. However I did not receive any confirmation that Toodledo is aware of it. No mail, no news. How can you make the link between the app.net account and the toodledo account ? How can I be sure that I will receive the test app and the other benefits of my contribution ?

By the way, the first feature I would like to see added in Toodledo Android Client is a "snooze" capability when a reminder rings (snooze in 5, 10, 30, ... minutes).

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 26, 2014
Once the fundraising is complete, we will have a process where you can link your Toodledo account and redeem your rewards.

Thanks for your contribution!
yasminee

Posted: Mar 08, 2014
Congrats on passing your first stretch goal! I don't see it on the list of goals, but can I nominate the timer feature for the Android app?
planetfour

Posted: Mar 08, 2014
I have to +1 the ultimate to do list reco.

Also, I see you can select multiple tasks, but I'm unsure of why? I'd love to do a bulk delete, bulk retag, bulk folder move, but I can't seem to figure out how to do anything with the tasks once I've selected them.

Custom views and widgets are the things that I would love to see from ultimate to do list.
BillLee3

Posted: Mar 10, 2014
I've used Ultimate To Do for quite some time and it's pretty feature complete but not necessarily easy to use. Have become a supporter of your program in hopes that it'll one day be the best of breed.

To that end, I HIGHLY request that you add Google Now integration so that I can say "Note to Self" and it'll create a new to-do using the defaults for new task. I have no idea what you'd have to do, but Evernote can work from that as can Any.Do and it would make quick notes SO much easier.
kordi82

Posted: Mar 12, 2014
Question:

For the official Andorid app - is there any workaround to be able to add task with single stroke of a button?
With DGT I am able to create a shortcut to add a task. I press it and add a task window appears. This is great for capturing things when they just pop into my mind. With native app I have to open app and then add the task. One click more - but this one click makes all the difference between using the app and ditching it.

For now I think I will use a workaround and have DGT and native app installed. I will use DGT for quickly adding tasks and native app for brwosing it.

Native app thoughts:

I have just downloaded it and I must say I love it. Layout is clean, clear and simple. It has all the options it has to without making things overcomplicated.

Like some people above I have been using Got To Do and later DGT. Got To Do was really the best Android app for me for a long time. DGT I use now but to be honest I hate its interface. Adding filters is counter intuitive and always confuses me... On top of that DGT does not allow for hiding future tasks!!!! although I reported the idea to the developer like ages ago. Come to think of it I start to wonder why I even switched to DGT from Got To Do ;)... and the short anwser is it has great automatic backup options and the mention shortcut for adding tasks instantly. Other than that the app makes a lot of things more complex than they need to be.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.