ForumsNewsToodledo Android App

Toodledo Android App
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 12, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Our crowd funding campaign is in the final stretch. Now is your chance to get in on the project and get your rewards.

https://backer.app.net/toodledo

If you have already backed the project, thanks! You can get your reward by following the instructions on this page: http://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/backer.php

Thanks for supporting Toodledo!

This message was edited Mar 12, 2014.
wivoigt

Posted: Mar 12, 2014
Hi - it's great but I still miss a little but nice feature: that (telephone) numbers are highlighted automatically like hyperlinks just to click them and call the person . This possibility is already realized in a simple app like gtask in android: if you type a number there entering a new task, it's automatically highlighted as a link to call ((clicking the entered number automatically makes appear that number in your usual phone display so you just have to press your "green" button to dial (instead of copy and paste the number there... ).
clango

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I started with Go TO Do, then I moved to Ultimate To Do. I was waiting this app and I started to use your Toodledo app.

It has all the basic main characteristic and it works pretty well. I trust in you and in the improvement you will do and this is why I decided to baker as well!
jsteve

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Thank-you for focusing on a "native" Android App! I appreciate it. I'm also a prior iOS user and really liked the App there, but when I made the move to Android on my phone I used the "DGT GTD" App as the closest thing I found usable. But I am thrilled that you went and collaborated with the MyToodle App. I also went and contributed to the crowd funding effort. I saw the email today that said that you made your goal -- Congrats!

I look forward to using the beta copy and giving feedback. To that end I joined the Google Circle for that.

Cheers,
--jan
smerino

Posted: Apr 04, 2014
I absolutely agree with you, the 2011 version of GotToDo is still running on my Android and I can't live without it. It never has a hiccup and it continues to be stable thus far. The feature set is perfect.

At one time, it was touted as the best app for implementing Michael Linenberger's MYN method (a variant of GTD):
http://michaellinenberger.com/blog/an-android-myn-tasks-app-that-syncs-with-toodledo-got-to-do/

There has been nothing better offered in the Android world and the new "official" app does not match up, either.

Just saying, why re-create the wheel...
clango

Posted: Apr 04, 2014
Posted by smerino:
Michael Linenberger's MYN method (a variant of GTD).... the new "official" app does not match up

Mee too I use the Linenberger methodology. I come from GotToDo, then I migrate to UTL but now I'm using the Toodledo official app on Android and it work properly. Also Linenberger confirmed it work in his blog.
SES21

Posted: Apr 06, 2014
i decided it was time for me to chime in here since I so strongly encouraged Jake to talk with Phuah about the MyToodle app...

MyToodle seemed like an excellent starting point to me because:

1. From the beginning, it was designed with the intent of being 100% compatible with all of Toodledo. Not a To-Do app that happened to work with Toodledo but an app that existed solely for the purpose of using TD on Android.

2. Because it's a young app in its development, it wouldn't come with a lot of baggage either in terms of users being set in their ways (..."but it used to work this way & I want...") or a developer who had other ideas & intentions for his app.

3. It's lightweight, uncluttered, & ripe for additional features without a code monkey on its back.

Yes, I also use DGT GTD & UTL (& sometimes others) on my own Android. They often frustrate me because they've been around a while yet they still don't support some features I expect for compatibility with TD & I don't see those devs rushing to add them either. For example, DGT has very limited sort options & wants to stick a due time on every task that doesn't have an actual time assigned & call it overdue when it's not complete by noon. DG is in the middle of a complete redesign of his app, which I've looked at & felt was still overly complex. It's an open beta if you want to go join & provide feedback.

UTL on the other hand does not properly handle alarms at all when there's no due time & instead wants to alarm in the middle of the night! It also doesn't support Due After dates & there are no signs that the UI is going to be updated any time soon.

That said, both apps & others work well for some people &, if you resemble that remark, by all means keep using it. I still use both for certain things but MyToodle quickly became my daily driver because of its clean interface & tight integration with TD (& Phuah's responsiveness to feedback). No, it's not fully fleshed out yet but that's kind of the point...to take a great start & continue developing it into the best possible companion app to TD available on Android!

If you don't want to use it, then don't...I seriously doubt Jake will disown you. But please don't just whine about your favorite app not being selected. Instead, how about making positive feature requests/suggestions for things you'd like to see added? Keep in mind its sole purpose in life is to be fully compatible with TD web - not to do your laundry & comb your hair for you. After all, it was only ~6 weeks ago that you didn't even have an official app to talk about!

TL:DR - there are a lot of good reasons to choose a young app that doesn't have all the bells & whistles yet. If you really care about the official app, you'll come here to make constructive suggestions, not cry about what things it doesn't do yet & that x app is better.

Okay there, I've gotten that off my chest & I'm done with my soapbox now. If anyone else wants it, have at it!

This message was edited Apr 06, 2014.
coolexplorer

SES21, Your remarks indicate you have invested emotions in MyToodle App. It was a fine suggestion and we all would like the native app to work perfectly with the Toodledo web application. However, without Saved Searches (a basic feature for a lot of users) it is practically useless to some people.
Hope to see Saved Searches added soon so that we can give it a real test drive. :)
SES21

Posted by kordi82:
Question:

For the official Andorid app - is there any workaround to be able to add task with single stroke of a button? <snip>

Not sure if this will work for you or not but, under Settings, Notifications, you can opt to have a permanent notification for quickly adding a task.

This message was edited Apr 06, 2014.
SES21

Posted by coolexplorer:
SES21, Your remarks indicate you have invested emotions in MyToodle App. It was a fine suggestion and we all would like the native app to work perfectly with the Toodledo web application. However, without Saved Searches (a basic feature for a lot of users) it is practically useless to some people.
Hope to see Saved Searches added soon so that we can give it a real test drive. :)

Au contraire, not vested emotions in the app per se, just tired of hearing people grutz about the things it doesn't do yet rather than give positive input. It wasn't that long ago people were begging for a native Android app; now they're complaining that it's not far enough along to suit them.

I have to admit I've never quite understood people's dependency on Saved Searches. I guess I just have a different work style but I find I can quickly find anything I need by just picking a particular view. Obviously, they're important to you & others, though, & I know that's something that's touted for the web interface so I hope you get it soon!
Christine

Posted: Apr 08, 2014
Hello,

I have downloaded the app on two different devices and I a login error on both. The login works on the website and other apps that sync with Toodledo. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I would really like to try the app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
chris zed

I'm having the same problem, I've created ticket #49511
Christine

Posted: Apr 09, 2014
Thank you Jake. I created a ticket #49519.

Chris, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue.
far_1310660620

Today I am having problems with the Android application. It is not syncing. When it asks for the credentials they are not recognized. But they are working as usual on the web page of Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
SES21

It would sure be helpful if those having trouble would post here what version level of the app they're using. That way, those of us who aren't having trouble could try to avoid that version...or know what we might be in for!
Anthony Muscio

Posted: Apr 10, 2014
The Above authorize problems and the appearance of multiple duplicates seem to have come with the last update 5.1.6. On My Andriod S4 and Motorola Zoom tablet. On another phone a HTC SMart Phone toddledo version 5.0.9 is fine. I do not know if there were intermediate versions but the problem was not there yesterday 24 hours ago and in there now.

The multiple lines for the same task comes in batches of sometime 8, sometimes 2 and mostly batches of 4

This message was edited Apr 10, 2014.
chris zed

Posted by SES21:
It would sure be helpful if those having trouble would post here what version level of the app they're using. That way, those of us who aren't having trouble could try to avoid that version...or know what we might be in for!

Well, we did say the latest version, this may not help historically, but it's the version currently in the app store.

There are several negative reviews for the app that have appeared in google play over the last few days, people with the same problem.

I'm also getting duplication of tasks, but this is localised to the database on the phone, as I can't log in, the problem hasn't been synced to the data on the web... yet.
Anthony Muscio

chris, the Duplicates are displayed on two of my devices and not on a third android device (with the different app version) I have a voided using the problem devices incase this syncs back to the server however the web access is fine with no apparent corruption. ie; the problem is clearly a display problem (or bigger) in the app only.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.