ForumsNewsToodledo Android App

Toodledo Android App
Ann

Posted: May 27, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Since the current version of the Android app keeps giving me problems (daily recurring tasks are multiplied after completing...), I'd like to try the beta version.
Since I 'backed' the development of the android app, I should be able to get access to the beta (Every backer gets 'Early access to beta copies' say the backer page on app.net), but I'm still searching where I find the beta... (Unless the version on Google Play is the beta, which I doubt, since that seems to be within everybody's reach...)
gtrevor

Posted by Jake:
I am sorry that you are having trouble using the app. We had several dozen beta testers using the app for about a month and did not encounter problems 1 or 2. I will try to reproduce your issues and see what I can find.

Just to confirm I've also experienced point 1 where I've made changes in the notes section and then they disappear when it syncs whilst editing a note... seems to be better since the update but will keep an eye to see if it still happens.

Please can you also change it so when you edit a note it defaults to the top rather than the bottom?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are looking into the Notebook syncing issue.
gearhead01

Posted: May 29, 2014
Is there a way to switch between Workspaces in the Android app? I have looked around the various menus but don't see any options, and a quick search didn't show any references in this thread.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
rbendett

Version 5.2.6 when i complete a repeating task the new occurance of it appears with a strike thru ad the check box remains checked. I tap the box and strike thru goes away and repeat arrow appears in checkbox.
rbendett

Posted: May 31, 2014
Posted by rbendett:
Version 5.2.6 when i complete a repeating task the new occurance of it appears with a strike thru ad the check box remains checked. I tap the box and strike thru goes away and repeat arrow appears in checkbox.

After experimenting I have found this occurs when completing the task in the task list, If I open the task and complete it there all works as it should.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 02, 2014
We are looking into it.
geotwn

Posted: Jun 02, 2014
Could you return the Notes editing function of the Android app to what it was (or something similar) -

(1) As far as I can see there is no reason to pop out a separate window which is smaller than full screen.

(2) I can understand why the cursor is now moved to the bottom of the notes (instead of the top) at the beginning of editing - but could we have an option to decide where do we want the cursor. I now have to scroll all the way back to the top to start my editing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 03, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
aromweis

Posted: Jun 10, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by targheauto:
Is there a way to turn off the newly introduced 2-columns layout on tablets, returning to the simple layout?
On 7-inches tablets it comes out rather crammed ...
Thank you

I strongly second this request. I have an 8 inch tablet and the 2 column layout looks really cluttered and distracting. It would be better if the details were displayed after a long press or some such action.

That said, I searched for a long time for a task mgr that would synch Windows, iOS and Android, and Toodledo is definitely it! I paid for a subscription too because hard work should be supported. Keep up the good work!
sprouty76

Posted: Jun 11, 2014
I've got a 7 inch tablet and I really like the 2 column layout - please don't remove it!
coolexplorer

Posted: Jun 12, 2014
To manage ones life-work or work-life the two essentials are Task Lists & Calendar. Toodledo is excellent in Task Lists, however its Calendar integration is poor.

1. Toodledo's own calendar doesn't show the Text of dated tasks in normal calendar views (month,week,day). It shows dots or an Agenda view, and one has to click on the dots to reveal the tasks/events. All calendars in iOS and Android show tasks/events in text in date slots...because that is the most intuitive way to see dated tasks.

2. Many 3rd party To-Do apps have two way sync with Google calendar which allows you to change/delete tasks from the calendar (and do a real time sync of the update with Toodledo).

3. Daily/Weekly/Monthly Toodledo tasks set to recur only on due date or completion (most routine tasks) correctly show only the current occurrence in Toodledo but populates Google calendar for all future years!! This means one cant set tasks to recur without crowding ones Google calendar.

Hope these CALENDAR deficiencies can be attended to fast so that Toodledo can be head and shoulders above its other Task Management competitors.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 12, 2014
Thanks for the feedback.
Dan Holenstein

Posted: Jul 08, 2014
Posted by aromweis:
Posted by targheauto:
Is there a way to turn off the newly introduced 2-columns layout on tablets, returning to the simple layout?
On 7-inches tablets it comes out rather crammed ...
Thank you

I strongly second this request. I have an 8 inch tablet and the 2 column layout looks really cluttered and distracting. It would be better if the details were displayed after a long press or some such action.

That said, I searched for a long time for a task mgr that would synch Windows, iOS and Android, and Toodledo is definitely it! I paid for a subscription too because hard work should be supported. Keep up the good work!

Please give us the choice of having two columns or not for the tablet version.
lmsergio

Posted: Jul 23, 2014
Are there plans to add your nifty, relatively new features of Outlines and Lists to the Android app?

I had been using Ultimate ToDo as my ToodleDo Android app of choice (it's fast and robust), but I've almost now switched over 100% to your official ToodleDo app, primarily because:

- cleanliness of UI
- easy "add" notification in the notification shade
- fewer taps to edit a task

I'd really love to start using these other two function sets.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 23, 2014
Yes. Bringing Lists and Outlines to our apps is definitely in the plans.
mjeanes

Posted: Jul 30, 2014
Jake,

Congrats on a great offering.

One problem: I can't seem to sync on demand from my Phone with the Android app. I hit refresh and nothing happens. (I assume refresh = sync (ambiguous)).

My connection to the web is fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 30, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
therealmikewallace

Posted: Aug 04, 2014
I just re-discovered toodledo on android, having stopped using it for a long time. Brilliant work!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.