ForumsNewsToodledo Android App

Toodledo Android App
Sonith

Posted: Aug 14, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hello, my first post here.

I have a good deal of respect for what Toodledo team does in terms of providing so many aspects and the flexibility towards a GDT or any other/simpler system.

Specific feedback to ToodleDo folks for now:
I am evaluating your trial gold subscription and sub tasks is a good feature in the website but it was a let down to see it not possible in the app. Good to see it now with the latest release!
HOWEVER, i must say that i am not too thrilled at the same time either! To see that something basic (which is done so well with the DGT GDT 3rd party app!) of inheriting properties of the parent when creating a a sub task, is still missing!
I have read about your team being small and not having resources for improving the app (hope its not still the case). You guys know your situations best but i cant help say (with all due respect) - why not just hire the DGT GDT app guy or get him to help out!?

Side note: i have read in another thread about multiple levels of subtasks not being prioritized from your side, due to the UX complexity/challenge via the website. But the DGT GDT app already attempts and maintains a multiple level subtask approach from within its app. Of course when it syncs it to website, it obviously shows at just one level.
Suggestion is why not at least introduce just the API for multi-level (and perhaps keep it very basic on the website but allow it to be accessed on the apps or atleast 3rd party apps?

(Btw, i have started using both toodledo app and this one only in last few weeks but after extensive research on Toodledo features and also both the apps).

FYI: I have a feeling i may go for a subscription but thats only for the features on the site. the app choice for me, is not your Android version that cuts it as of now, feature-wise (yes, UI is pleasing).
Hoping to stick to ToodleDo in the long term.

(Just being factual and frank here. No disrespect meant.)

Cheers
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 14, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. We are working hard to implement improvements to Toodledo, including improvements to subtasks.

Thanks
ccp

Posted: Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for the new Androdid's App. A great improvement for Toodledo users.

Have you considered to include in future updates a password functionality?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Anthony Muscio

Posted: Sep 03, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
ToodleDo Android app, copy Text from Notes against tasks not working.

Adding tasks to a task folder for each of my devices is a useful way to get links or data to each device. An example may be including a task containing weblink to my Phone folder. I can then open this folder and copy the link and paste it into the phone browser only it no longer seems to work.

I can select the text but the cut/copy/paste is not visible at the top, only the Tick symbol on the left. the tick does not copy the text.

Please confirm this is happening for others and provide a solution, to a very basic feature required.

I am otherwise very happy with toodledo and the Android app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 03, 2014
A fix for copy/paste will be in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
donfano

Posted: Sep 17, 2014
I would like to request for a dark theme
cindymerrill2

Posted: Sep 25, 2014
I've had a silver subscription to Toodledo for years now, and I've been considering switching from iOS to Android for a while but have avoided doing so because my beloved Toodledo app wasn't available in Android. But now it is (thank you!!), and so I've switched to Android. I've been using the Android app and widget for the last 2 weeks, but I seem unable to find two features that I'm accustomed to from the iOS app:

1. The ability to see subtasks of a task on demand. In the Android app, it appears that you can either always display subtasks or never display subtasks, and you can't get between these two states unless you change your settings. I have some tasks with subtasks that I open regularly or periodically, and others that I want to see only rarely. So, I'd prefer a display option that hides the subtasks but provides a way for me to show them on demand (as I did in iOS).

2. The ability to use the Hotlist settings from your Toodledo account to display your Hotlist in the app. That's what I did in my iOS app, so that the Hotlist view displayed on my computer and on my iPhone exactly matched.

Could you please tell me where the above features are, or if they don't exist, whether you plan to add them? Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 26, 2014
#1 is on our todo list

#2 should work already. Are you seeing the hotlist in the app being different? It might be because the filters are set differently.
cindymerrill2

Posted: Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for your prompt reply, Jake!

Re #2, I am seeing the hotlist in the app being different from what I see on the website. The options that I see for setting filters in each seem different:

_Android app_--I don't see how to configure the hotlist, but I do see Sort options where I can specify "first sort", "second sort", and "third sort". And the third sort isn't working correctly because I specified a sort for Star, and that isn't reflected in my list (but my first and second sorts of Due Date and Priority do work correctly).

_Website_--There are settings for the hotlist where you can specify which criteria for tasks will be included in the hotlist.

Is there a way to configure the hotlist in the app that's akin to what I've done on the website? I couldn't find that.

And I just discovered one more thing that I'm sad to be missing in both the Android app and widget. How can I access Notes? I see only Tasks in the app and widget.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2014
1) The Android app should automatically pick up the changes that you made to your hotlist on the website. I'll check on this.

2) If you are sorting by due-date it also sorts by due-time which can sometimes make it appear that the secondary or third sorts aren't working. To really tell you would need to look at two tasks that have the same due-date, due-time and priority and then see that the 3rd sort of star is taken into account.

3) You can access notes by tapping in the top left corner and selecting notes at the bottom of the menu.
Herb Parsons

Posted: Sep 30, 2014
OK, sorry to be "that guy", but I'm confused.

I've been trucking right along using Ultimate ToDo List, without checking in here, and wasn't aware of the crowd funding campaign. Is it still going on? I see there's a #3 stretch goal of $15k, but don't see how one contributes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 30, 2014
The crowdfunding campaign has ended, but you can still support us by purchasing a subscription using the link in the top right corner of the page.

Thanks!
rbendett

Posted: Oct 10, 2014
Adding tasks to Toodledo android app using "note to self" is causing a "Unfortunately, Toodledo has stopped." message. The note is saved though. Version 5.4.2

This message was edited Oct 10, 2014.
rbendett

Posted: Oct 14, 2014
Is it possible to use advanced repeats such as "every 90 days" in the android app? Can't seem to find it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2014
If you have one of the recent updates, you can pick this from the new repeat picker. Tap "Every" and then choose "3 months" which is as close as you can get right now.
Sonith

Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Hello,
I finally took the plunge and decided to go for a Gold subscription. Fundamentally the reason/motivation to go for Toodledo (vs others) was the exhaustive possibilities that one can customize the various parameters to one's individual approach for GTD or anything else.

Since i am always on the phone, i had been toying with both your Android official app as well as Ultimate To Do list and also DGT GTD. For the official app, i find some improvements in recent releases/updates since my last feedback a few months ago. Nice going.

However i have a request for the android official app. (Although lists, outlines etc would be in the pipeline as you mentioned, this request is a more immediate/basic feedback/request) :

When creating or entering a tag for a task, is it possible to get a list of what i have already got in my login/account. Or even better, some sort of autofill or autosuggest feature(i.e it filters from the list, which need not be shown, but will pop up as you type the first few characters).
I get such a list of already entered tags, when i try in 3rd party app - DGT GTD app (although not autofill/autosuggest).

To me this is essential - as it avoids the effort later in reviewing the inbox item later.. when i know what tag i want to give it right away.
Also, on the negative side: If i dont get to view the list of tags, i end up creating a new tag unless i type exactly what i had already created.
(i read from previous discussion that this was removed - perhaps you could let the user have an option to choose if he/she would like the pre-filled list to show up or not? )

Another side request is that if i am creating a sub task, then it should inherit all aspects from the parent (like tag, timeline, or atleast folder , if not other items). This could be an option provided in settings to the user to choose the fields/parameters instead of All .

Hope you will consider this as without this ease of use, i am more using DTG GTD , although i like how your UI looks.

Cheers

P.S - please let me know if this thread is not the right place for such requests/feedback. Do i need to submit a support ticket? Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
Jan.kuester

Posted: Nov 01, 2014
The timer-function doesn't seem to work in the app (galaxy tab s) I can't start the timer or enter values, which is a key feature for me in toodledo as I measure productive time. Is this going to be fixed short term?

This message was edited Nov 01, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 02, 2014
The timer is currently implemented in read only mode. Enabling the full timer is on our todo list for a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.