ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign (Phase 2)

Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
fmsheldon

Posted: Feb 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I spend most of my time on the SEARCH page of Toodledo and use the search function to organize everything. Yesterday, I noticed the MODIFY SEARCH and FORGET SEARCH button were no longer working at all, i.e. nothing happened when clicked. I was using Safari 8.0.3 with Mac OS X 10.10.2. I tried Chrome (version 40.0.2214.111) for Mac and the buttons did work, however. A few days ago, the buttons also still worked on the same version of Safari and OS 10. Just letting you know, and I hope it can be fixed.

— Frank
Salgud

Posted: Feb 13, 2015
I would like to add my +1 to this post
Chris

Posted: Feb 15, 2015
Found another small problem with the new design - if you have a list that reaches to the bottom of the page and you add a new task, the new blue bar at the bottom is in the foreground, not the background, so it obscures part of the task that you're adding. (I use the non-grid view.)
fmsheldon

I found a work around for the problem I was having a few days ago. At that time I wrote:

Posted by fmsheldon:
I spend most of my time on the SEARCH page of Toodledo and use the search function to organize everything. Yesterday, I noticed the MODIFY SEARCH and FORGET SEARCH button were no longer working at all, i.e. nothing happened when clicked. I was using Safari 8.0.3 with Mac OS X 10.10.2. I tried Chrome (version 40.0.2214.111) for Mac and the buttons did work, however. A few days ago, the buttons also still worked on the same version of Safari and OS 10. Just letting you know, and I hope it can be fixed.

— Frank

I found that if I right-clicked (or Option-clicked) the link MODIFY SEARCH, this usually opened a menu that began with the menu item "Back." However, if I clicked a little near the bottom, sometimes (and it's finicky) the option menu began with "Open Link in New Tab." If I then do not move the mouse, but left-click, it opens the page where I could modify the search.

This may only be particular to the version of Safari I am using along with OS 10.10. 2 and, as users seemed to have had with many problems with these upgrades, the issue may entire lie with Safari and/or the latest OS. I have no way of knowing, and am only posting this here (I'm a first time poster) as it may be of use to someone else.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2015.
fmsheldon

Also (see post above) it sometimes work if you left-click just below the text of the link, "MODIFY SEARCH." I t might help to first click above and make sure the pointer looks like a hand rather than an arrow before slowly moving it down.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 17, 2015
The problem with some items on the right side of the toolbar should be resolved now as well as the issue with the popups for the last task in the list appearing under the footer at the bottom of the page.
fmsheldon

Posted: Feb 17, 2015
Yes, it's totally fixed!
CharleneTX

Posted: Feb 24, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Clicking the "Tasks" tab to refresh the list should work again. Thanks for letting us know about this bug.

It's been almost two weeks and I'm not likely the new redesign for the top tabs. Previously your cursor only needed to be somewhere on the tab; now it has to be on the icon or word (one line high). This is a MUCH smaller target and a big PITA. I gave it a couple of weeks to see if it really was a problem or something I'd get used to.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2015
We already made the tap area for those buttons bigger, but we'll look into making them even bigger. Thanks for the feedback.
ram_ramakrishnan

Posted: Feb 25, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Are there any plans to improve the font colors for the task Priority? To be honest I can't see the difference between a task with Low and Medium priority.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2015
We are considering this.
coolexplorer

Posted: Mar 01, 2015
Score: 4 Reference
PROBLEM: For me the biggest wastage of time in TD is when I want to change the dates or other parameters of a BUNCH of tasks in a project, or in bunch of subtasks of a parent task. I have to construct a 'new search' with correct parameters and then use 'multi-edit' to just update a bunch of tasks. In doing so I loose my place in the task list I am editing/updating, and have to go through the same rigmarole for another bunch having different dates/parameters. Too much trouble!

Suggested SOLUTION: Give us a column of different check-boxes so that we can quickly select assorted tasks and change them to a common date or other variable. This will make TD easy to use rather than requiring engineered workarounds.

When I am in a hurry I sometimes hesitate to use TD even though its powerful, because these workarounds are tedious rather than convenient.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.