ForumsNewsAndroid Update 5.8

Android Update 5.8
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We have released an update to our Android app today which includes the following improvements:

+ Continued to improve the design of app including the Task and Notes details pages
+ Task and note titles, notes and tasks can now be edited in-place
+ Embedded link support added to notes
+ Added some tutorial screens for new users signing in for the first time
+ Fixed: Scroll position restored when returning to a list.
+ Fixed: Manual sync possible even when global auto sync settings is off
+ Fixed: Tasks created via Share function will be saved automatically

http://www.toodledo.com/info/android.php
gtrevor

Posted: May 14, 2015
Love the in place editing for the notes!! Thank you!

Are you going to do the same for the iOS update?

I really like the way the android app is being developed, great work!
Meaven

Posted: May 15, 2015
The app gets better and better. Shame though that embedded links work only for standard http urls. Is there any chance for working app urls, like: evernote://view/1893165/s16/da6916d5-e356-49f2...?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
arthurstjames

Awesome update. Finally hyperlinks work!

Would like to see some color or template options. Also, would like to see a toolbar that could be placed at the bottom for different shortcuts, etc.

This message was edited May 15, 2015.
ken.michaud

Posted: May 17, 2015
It would be nice if things were available offline, in case you're in an area without service.

I often shop in Home Depot and make an Outline that contains my shopping list. Something about my local Home Depot seems to degrade cell signals, and unless I keep my screen on with the list open I lose access to my list. This happens frequently in supermarkets as well.

This message was edited May 17, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 18, 2015
The Android app should provide offline access for Outlines. Can you please create a support ticket so we can figure out why this isnt working for you?
c5000nc

Posted: May 19, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
In Tasks with the Android app, how can I create my own customized lists of To Do's? for example,
- all To Do's due today
- all due one day out
- all due two days out, etc.

I need to be able to see what is due today (sorted how I want), tomorrow, the next day, etc. The online app is great for this (I created them as saved Searches), but the Android app is not.

Ultimate To Do List does a great job with this but I can't seem to find a way to do this with the ToodleDo Android app, making it essentially useless.

It gives me the option of Hotlist from the online app, which can't really be customized at all.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You want "Saved Search" functionality in the app, which is on our to-do list for a future update.
c5000nc

Thanks Jake. That would do the trick. As you know, Ultimate To Do List calls them My Views.
Paul

Posted: May 22, 2015
When I click an item to complete it and then sync, it scrolls down to wherever that item now is. Very annoying!

I scroll to the top, go to another app, come back, and it's once again on that item I just completed! I once again must scroll to the top to see todays items.

The only way I've found to keep it at the top of the list is to tap on an item at the top of the list, back out of it, and then it won't scroll down.

The app wasn't doing this before the latest update. Please fix!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2015
Thanks for the bug report. We will look into it.
jyli

Posted: Jun 03, 2015
I have noticed following behavior:
When entering a new task details and while doing it if the screen goes blank(locked) all the fields are emptied when the phone is unlocked again. In reality, what has happened is that the task that I was filling has been saved and new blank task is opened instead. In my opinion, this is not the way it should work.

This message was edited Jun 03, 2015.
pretoriusjf

Posted: Aug 03, 2015
Hi! I wish the habits feature was available for the Android app.

I have version 5.81 (132) and it isn't showing up in the menu. I only have tasks and lists (which are amazing)

Regards,
Johan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2015
The Habits section requires a newer version of the Android OS than you have installed.
guy.herbert_1327515992

Posted: Aug 20, 2015
Habits is great to have on the mobile, but it doesn't seem to synch consistently, which rather undermines it.
lguser

Posted: Aug 31, 2015
Would love to see Hotlist with AND functionality on desktop and mobile. Like DGT does for Android, where only items with Star AND Priority AND Next Action show in hotlist. The way it is I don't see much difference between Hotlist and Starred list. Thanks.
Paul

Posted: Sep 05, 2015
It's been three months, and this problem is still there. Will this get fixed?

Posted by Paul:
When I click an item to complete it and then sync, it scrolls down to wherever that item now is. Very annoying!

I scroll to the top, go to another app, come back, and it's once again on that item I just completed! I once again must scroll to the top to see todays items.

The only way I've found to keep it at the top of the list is to tap on an item at the top of the list, back out of it, and then it won't scroll down.

The app wasn't doing this before the latest update. Please fix!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.