ForumsNewsAndroid Update 5.8

Android Update 5.8
Holtcoby_1399274719

Posted: Feb 03, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I am still seeing this bug in the Android app. I have tried using m.toodledo.com on my phone, but it is so much slower and requires a manual sync to get recently checked off items to clear from the list so I can see what's next.

Please tell me this list focus bug is on a hotlist? Please?

Posted by Paul:
Just installed the update, and the bug is still there. Why do you put in new features and ignore the bugs you created?

Posted by Paul:
It's been three months, and this problem is still there. Will this get fixed?

Posted by Paul:
When I click an item to complete it and then sync, it scrolls down to wherever that item now is. Very annoying!

I scroll to the top, go to another app, come back, and it's once again on that item I just completed! I once again must scroll to the top to see todays items.

The only way I've found to keep it at the top of the list is to tap on an item at the top of the list, back out of it, and then it won't scroll down.

The app wasn't doing this before the latest update. Please fix!!
frederic.knabe

Posted: Feb 04, 2016
Is it possible to use collaboration in the Android App? If no, are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 04, 2016
It is not currently possible, but we definitely plan to add it.
Twindaddy

Posted: Feb 14, 2016
Score: 3 Reference
From reading in these forums I got the impression that the missing saved searches in the Android app are a topic for quite some while now. I'm on my trial period right now and I have to admit, that this issue is the only point that leaves me hesitating to subscribe, because it doesn't look like there will be an implementation of that central feature for the android platform soon.
oletros

Posted: Mar 04, 2016
Posted by frederic.knabe:
Is it possible to use collaboration in the Android App? If no, are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?

Taking into account that in two years they have not added the saved searches functionality to the app, I would bet that you won't see collaboration in the app until the next leap year.

Saved searches is a central feature but it seems that Android users doesn't count the same that iOS users. Well, as it has been since the start
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 04, 2016
The iOS app has been in development for 4 years longer than the Android app, so it has more features for that reason. But, we do plan to continue to work on Android to bring it up to par.
WillEverett

Posted: Apr 01, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Are you guys still developing for Android? The app has constant problems, is almost never updated and has a terrible interface that's just getting more and more dated. Looking through the forums here, it's obvious that people report a lot of bugs and you're aware of a lot of bugs, but there hasn't been an update of the app since November of last year, but hey, it's cool that Apple users can use Toodledo on their watches now, right?

Toodledo's years of poor Android support is really disappointing and frustrating.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Today we released a new beta version of our Android app that will be released to everyone soon. If you want to test out this new release, you can sign up for our beta program here: https://www.toodledo.com/info/beta.php
WillEverett

How often does the beta version of the Android app update?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is no set schedule. Its whenever we have something new to test.
Manuel.Calderón

Donde puedo ver las novedades de la versión beta.

Gracias.
WillEverett

I guess what I mean is that if you're offering this as a solution to the "not updating the Android app" situation I'd like to know how much of a solution this is. It looks like you have to go beta for everything and can't just receive the beta channel for the app. Betas usually involve occasional breakage of features, so there is risk signing up for one and I'd like to know what the benefit is, if you're seriously suggesting that this is what people who would like to see more timely updates should do to get them.

Or were you suggesting switching to a beta channel just to get a single update a little before everyone else? Because that really doesn't address the issue. I wasn't kidding about being frustrated that you had an Apple watch interface ready to go weeks before the watch was released but there hasn't even been a bugfix release for Android in almost half a year.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2016
If you want to be a beta tester you can get the app early, but it may have bugs. If you would rather wait, we'll ship the production version of our update as soon as our beta testers assure us that there aren't any problems with the new update.
WillEverett

Posted: Apr 04, 2016
So, no comment at all on why Android app development seems to be such a low priority?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 04, 2016
It isn't. We are actively working on it.
oletros

Posted: Apr 21, 2016
Posted by Jake:
It isn't. We are actively working on it.

The problem is that the actions talk for themselves and it seems that we are in the same situation that we have prior of the acquisition of the Android application.

I can't understand how a basic and so important thing like saved searches has not been implemented in the Android app after all this time.

When, after 4 years of telling us the they were thinking about Android when reality was that development wasn't even started, you bought the Android app I tried to give one chance and trust you but it seems that we are in the same situation. Android is a very low priority
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 03, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
It's disappointing that Toodledo app on Android doesn't support saved searches.

I am using Pocket Informant so I can get them using PI's Smart Groups but this means doing double work - in TD and in PI - plus PI's Smart Group setup process is pretty laborous...

This message was edited Jun 03, 2016.
guy.herbert_1327515992

Posted: Aug 30, 2016
Posted by guy.herbert_1327515992:
Habits is great to have on the mobile, but it doesn't seem to synch consistently, which rather undermines it.

A year on, habits seems move from intermittent synching on my Android, no not doing it at all. Not good, since habits are the things I most often want to update away from my PC.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Aug 31, 2016
Posted by e20.09g:
It's disappointing that Toodledo app on Android doesn't support saved searches.
Toodledo does saved searches EXTRAORDINARILY well on the web app and iOS app both. It is indeed regrettable that Saved Searches are not also on the widely used Android app! If that could be added, it would further add to the appeal and usability of Toodledo a lot, in my opinion.

I switched over to Android mostly so I don't have to drop a grand or so anytime I lose my phone or it gets damaged. I'm sure a lot of people must use Toodledo on Android, and MORE people would use it on Android if Saved Searches were there!

I.e., more revenue for Toodledo ... and happiness amongst its expanded subscriber base.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 31, 2016
We're working on it :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.