ForumsNewsTwo big updates and 6 little ones

Two big updates and 6 little ones
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I love the updates. Here is a quick suggestion. With the option, I am now sorting by task/subtask. I love this option! It is amazing. But I was finding it was sorting the parent tasks in a rather arbitrary way. They weren't alphabetical, or by number of subtasks.

Then it dawned on me that it is counting my completed subtasks as well. So it is sorting by the amount of subtasks (completed or not). This seems a little odd to me. IMO it should sort by how many incomplete subtasks are under each parent since the completed tasks are usually irrelevant.

Just a thought.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our changelog is located in the news section here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/news.php

The reason why we don't put a "New news" link in the sidebar is because we update the website so frequently that it would almost always say "New news" :)
bahetc

I love the HTML version....any idea when we can expect a new version on iTunes with all these new updates and mods?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We don't comment on timelines, especially when Apple can take as long as they want to review our update. We'll announce it when it's out.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 04, 2009
I also notice that the popup will appear if I toggle the sidebar open on the main site. Weird...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Which popup and which sidebar?
Vin Thomas

Here is an example video. Easier to show than explain...

http://screencast.com/t/y1VfTr8bjX

I am using Fluid.app on max osx 10.5.7

v
thpope

I couldn't replicate this with firefox.
Vin Thomas

Score: 1 Reference
I just tested in Safari (webkit) and FF 3.0.10 and I get the same issue. It doesn't happen ALL the time, but it is a tad annoying.

Is there a reason you chose to go the "hover" route? I could see something like this being useful:

This would seem to be more intuitive to new users. Also, the "+" sign would be a good way to signal to your users that this is to add a subtask.

Thoughts?

This message was edited Jun 04, 2009.
davek

Posted: Jun 05, 2009
Love the new clone feature. Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We chose the hover method because it didn't add extra width to the page. We are trying to reduce or at least not add to visual clutter.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We just released a small bug fixes that more aggressively makes the popups disappear when your mouse is no longer hovering over the checkbox. We also fixed a bug that was causing multi-line viewers from toggling open tasks in the calendar view.
Vin Thomas

Fixed my issues. Thanks!
Proximo

Posted: Jun 10, 2009
I did experience the same issue as Vin but now it's fixed.

Thanks Toodledo for all these great improvements. I can now remove the Delete column and make my screen smaller.

woohoo.
help

Posted: Jun 13, 2009
It is possible to add STAR to html version of toodledo?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 14, 2009
Yes, adding the star to the html version is on our to-do list.
James T

Posted: Jun 17, 2009
I know others seem to like the pop-up box to add a subtask. I'm not that crazy about it. It just doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the UI. I would have thought that while hoving, you would click to add a subtask, which in turn would create a subtask under the parent, and allow you to start typing there. Pop-ups just seem jarring and not inline with the great UI of the rest of the project. Any chance of revisting this implementation?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Yes, we have something better in mind for a future update.
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Today, we are happy to announce the implementation of two of our most frequently requested suggestions.

Thank you!
msgphd

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Just wanted to add my THANKS for the CLONE feature. A good portion of what I do is repeated. It is a great time saver and also ensures that I track the same steps for each repeated process.
Keep up the good work!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.