ForumsNewsIntroducing the Ribbon

Introducing the Ribbon
thepaj

Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by pawelkaleta:
I am not so convinced if we compare apples to apples here but everyone has a right to his opinion so I'll not argue with that. My opinion is that TD is only a TOOL which supports productivity and not the main driver of my productivity. Using the tool, like using hammer or smartphone is not a decision generator for me at all, hence I do not have a right to blame those tools for my pure productivity. Yes, the hammer might be not big enough or might be too big but it is still me who has to use it ...or I can always use a different one :-)

Adding more clicks when not needed to an interactive interface is never a good thing, adding distraction and effort to daily work. TD is a tool, and tools should do the job in the most efficient, transparent way possible. If you build a house with a bad hammer (you had a great hammer before, but it was stolen) and get one bad hit on each nail (costing a small amount of time and energy each time), the misses will finally add up to big losses. If you ride a bike with a dry chain, you will need to put in extra effort to keep up speed, and maybe spend some extra energy cursing the dry chain.

Simple as that.

Now with the breadcrumb stuff, the ribbon is totally obsolete. I will miss the earlier behaviour, the auto-expanding/collapsing left menu, because it was fast and totally out of the way when not needed.
coolexplorer

Posted: Sep 20, 2015
Posted by thepaj:
Now with the breadcrumb stuff, the ribbon is totally obsolete. I will miss the earlier behaviour, the auto-expanding/collapsing left menu, because it was fast and totally out of the way when not needed.

I just LOVE the breadcrumb bar because it clearly shows which view I am in, as well as saves clicks by allowing me to quickly and unobtrusively move swiftly from one view to another through drop-boxes rather than moving to the left of the screen each time.
I agree with you that the ribbon, although it looks elegant, becomes redundant unless the TD designers add additional functionality to it or makes it optional for users who prefer to use it instead of the bread-crumb bar.
Overall the changes are very positive. I am so relieved that Jake and Bridget are finally spending time on the Task tab, particularly since this is the core function of TD and there is still so much to be done to make it awesome.
c5000nc

Posted: Sep 25, 2015
SIMPLE NEW FEATURE: Add 'New Search' to the drop down menu under the new Action Menu, on the right side of the Breadcrumb Bar.

The Breadcrumb Bar is great, but it has become a real nuisance to do the following every time I want to search for something AND see the right side scroll bar:
- open the Ribbon
- click on Search
- click on New Search and do the search
- click to close the Ribbon so I can see the right side scroll bar

Much easier if we could simply click the Action Menu and click on New Search.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 25, 2015
Yes, we have a vision for making searching much easier and more powerful.
c5000nc

Posted: Sep 26, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Yes, we have a vision for making searching much easier and more powerful.

Thanks Jake.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.