ForumsNewsAnd we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)

And we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)
shurst

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for your open and honest dealing with the issue and your blood, sweat and upset stomach to get it all up and going again.

It was very refreshing not to get a "corporate speak" explanation to the problem.

Well done.
mvaia

You're a good man, Jake. It's rare to find someone who is willing to be as open and honest as you have just been. I would stick with Toodledo for that reason alone. Thanks again for the honesty as well as a great service.
gothick

Score: 0 Reference
Well done, Jake. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you recover from them that shows how good you are. I was glad to be kept so frankly informed by your updates through the day, and I'm glad you got everything back.

Incidentally, I posted a blog entry on the outage before things came back online, which explains why I wasn't desperately worried by the downtime...
tkclien

Thank you for working so hard on this and I am sure everyone a well aware the efforts you put into this. I am truly appreciated as the others will be too.
Althought I have only started using Toodledo for 2 days, it's already one of the tools I can not live out with.
Keep up the good work!
anthony.warn

Jake, love your open and honest communication ... I'll stick with you for that alone. Not too many big corporates, like Amazon, would have the balls to call it as it is.

Cheers
A
Jason Shultz

Good job and get some rest. As a person who spent all of Christmas Eve night straight up till 7:30AM Christmas Morning getting a webserver and many companies websites back online I know what your going through. It's a rough life when things take a downward turn and you have people depending on you. But, you handled it well, survived, and learned something in the process. That's what life is all about. So, keep your chin up. You did great!
jmeriaux

Thanks for the honesty & hard work. It is really appreciated and I'll personally stick with Toodledo...

Suggestion: in the future it would be probably good to have a Google gear enabled version [ even with limited functionality] where new task could be entered or existing task read.
brill

First, thank you for being so open and honest. Sh*t happens, and it's how you deal with it that really counts. You did a great job resolving the crisis.

I have a suggestion for an easy backup solution: Right now you can email one folder to yourself. If you could offer the option of emailing ALL folders to yourself, thatould be a simple backup solution. Further, if you could automate this process, so that all folders were emailed on a daily basis, there would be an automatic and simple backup solution.

If I had a backup waiting in my email when ToodleDo went out, I would have been a lot less concerned.

Thanks.

Steve Bill
adkins.ronald

Thank you for your honesty and you have a customer for life!
Joshua

Thank you for the updates during and the full explanation after the downtime. Your honesty is appreciated.

Further, your giving a month of time to all Pro members is perfectly acceptable to me as a "pay back" for the downtime.

Lastly, I do really appreciate your flexible product and continued updates to improve it. I am sure you'll learn from this event and do all things possible to never let it happen again. One suggestion is to allow users to get a backup copy emailed to them on a regular basis or perhaps create a "offline" ability (via Google Gears, standalone app, etc.) as a possible remedy (and useful solution) to such outages.

All the best... long live Toodledo!
m-tachi

From Japan.

My ToDo list was displayed without one loss this morning when I was up and accessed Toodoledo.
"Data restored!" I'm glad. Thank you for your great work.
And I thank for offering a very convenient service.
Still thanking you in advance.

Excuse me for machine translation.
Kurt Jones

Hi Jake,

I am a new user. I subscribed yesterday (go figure!). I subscribed only to your free service but will now upgrade to your paid service. While I am sure your service is great and will be beneficial to me, I am subsribing to our YOUR service specifically because of how you have handled this disaster. You have been open and honest with your customers and we appreciate that.

People don't judge you by the problem, they judge you by how you deal with it.

Good on you and well done.

Cheers,

Kurt
evakuate

Man I never realized how much I relied on this freakin' website til it got taken away from me last night!! haha I was in panic mode and had no idea how to spend my time w/o my trusty Toodledo list in hand hahah. Rely on my memory you say?! Phffff those days are long gone after I discovered this amazing little piece of web 2.0 goodness.

Thanks for your honesty and prompt recovery! It's awesome you were able to get all the data back. Well done sir!

P.S. Thanks for the free month! :)
zhava

I echo all the other feelings. Love Toodledo -- super-appreciated your openness and honesty. Wouldn't dream of cancelling. Stuff happens and you handled it like a prince.
gc4home

i concur with the other positive remarks.

the honesty and open dialogue you regularly share with your client base provides us all with a solid relationship and much goodwill. that means situations like the recent problem - is taken in the appropriate context for what it was (ie some bad luck and some planning shortfall - which you acknowledged). thanks again and i hope clients stick by you - as its a 2 way street. all the best. don\'t get too stress as s@#$ happens.
Johnny Cheuk

Thanks. I am a free account user and I appreciate your efforts. To all users, I want to give my own tips. I have Toodledo to email me the daily agenda every day in early morning so during the outage, I was still able to work on the email sent from Toodledo to me earlier, for the agenda of the outage day. That's not perfect solution but still, I can see what tasks WERE supposed to be done.
joe

I didn't realize how much I used Tooledo till it went down. Great work with the updates and getting things back (I didn't lose a thing). In a way, it's a great marketing plan! :)
stu.who

I gotta say, I was pretty shocked by the outage, but was very impressed that you actually went to the effort to let us know what the problem was.

I know I speak for everyone here when I say that we really appreciate your enormous effort and lack-of-sleep to get the service up again, and hope you start feeling better soon!

Thank you for bringing Toodledo back online as quickly as you were able. Sometimes situations just happen, it is unlikely that two systems will go down simultaneously, but occasionally it does, and you've handled this admirably :-)
Martys To Do

Great service.
Thank you for your honesty and hard work.
tdparks

Thank you, I am very happy with the result of the recovery and restore. Most importantly I was happy with your communication of what was happening.

I am disappointed with all the negative chatter on twitter today. Makes me wish everyone was just a little more positive.

Thank You
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.