ForumsNewsiPhone 3.0

iPhone 3.0
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
After some additional testing, it appears that the version of Toodledo that is on the iTunes App store is pretty much fully compatible with iPhone 3.0 as is. We had been testing it on one of the iPhone betas and there were a few quirks, but when we updated to the full iPhone 3.0 those quirks were no longer there. I guess we should have tested it on the released OS before warning people not to use it. Whoops. If anyone encounters any issues that we missed, please let us know.

And, our next update is still waiting in Apple's review queue. Its been there for several weeks and we have no update from Apple about when it might get released. We'll keep you all posted.
tavman

Wow. You need to ping them. I submitted an update for my app on Sunday and got a reply on Tuesday. Of course, it was because I'd run afoul of the Human Interface Guidelines. I resubmitted and got another reply yesterday. They don't seem to be overly backed up. Of course, my app is a lot simpler than Toodledo....
Anders

Apple is currently reviewing all apps in the AppStore in addition to new submissions to check for 3.0 compatibility, but a few other updates I was waiting for that were submitted around the same time as the Toodledo update have just come out in the last couple of days, so hopefully that means the Toodledo update should be out pretty soon as well.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If anyone knows of a way to ping Apple, please let us know, because it looks like a big black box to us. None of the emails we have ever sent to a variety of Apple addresses have ever gotten a reply.
frapilu

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Can you tell me if/when we'll be able to use landscape for entering text? I never liked the little keyboard so I'm very happy with landscape but sad not to be able to use it with Toodledo. Delighted to see that cut/copy/paste works, though :)

Thanks
France
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 29, 2009
We are working on landscape, but I don't know when it will be ready.
Mcw

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
I can't wait for Push. Really looking forward to it.

I have both Beejive and Toodledo on my global 4 apps, and with Beejive on push all I need is Toodledo to be complete.
smon

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
1.5.0 is up on App Store. Some great new features including a quicker add task and ability to detect URLs and phone numbers plus an option for larger font.

Great stuff. Thanks Toodledo.
Mark

Hi

got the new update on app store this morning and I can't say I've seen push work once yet. I've got iPhone selected in my settings and all the flags are on on the iPhone.

Is this working yet?
Feathers

I thought an earlier post in this thread said Push was coming in the update after this one. I'd guess they're now enabled for it but haven't implemented yet.
Mark

Posted by Feathers:
I thought an earlier post in this thread said Push was coming in the update after this one. I'd guess they're now enabled for it but haven't implemented yet.

Then really they need to remove the opener in app store about it having push. I already own it but people will be buying the app based on this perhaps and end up giving it negative reviews.

So far push has been a bit of a let down across the board - no apps I've tried seem to pull it off.
john

I agree - the description in the app store is misleading since the push feature is not yet included (there is no entry for toodledo in settings->notifications).
Mark

Posted by john:
I agree - the description in the app store is misleading since the push feature is not yet included (there is no entry for toodledo in settings->notifications).

I have and an option to choose iPhone on the alerts notifications webpage.
Anders

It seems notifications may be working. Toodledo had said they were 95% in there which I took to mean not quite in there, but others say they have them working. When you open the app, it should ask if you want to activate them. After saying "yes", go to the reminder configuration page on Toodledo, and select iPone to recieve reminders. Click "Save Changes" and you should be set.
PetrV

Thanks for the 1.5.0 update! However I would suggest to enhance push notification concept this way:

Each user can customize badge usage, e.g., I use number of tasks in the hotlist. I would like to get push notification which would update number on the badge according to the user settings, i.e., in my case whenever number of tasks in the hotlist changes.

What do you think?

This message was edited Jul 02, 2009.
Anders

The badge number is updated now with push several times a day. So I suppose your request would be for increased frequency.
SGeorgii

Could you put it a bit more step-by-step, please?

I installed iPhone 3 update and Toddledo application update.
I allowed push during first start of the iPhone Application.
Push is enabled in iPhone, push is also enabled for Toodledo application in iPhone.

Now push does not work.
What else should I do?
john

My mistake - I've set it up to enable push.

Just created a test task though with a due date and it didn't appear after the due-by time.

Anyone else had any luck?
Anders

Posted by SGeorgii:
Could you put it a bit more step-by-step, please?

I installed iPhone 3 update and Toddledo application update.
I allowed push during first start of the iPhone Application.
Push is enabled in iPhone, push is also enabled for Toodledo application in iPhone.

Now push does not work.
What else should I do?

Your step by step covers it except for this part:
Go to this page: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php
Select "iPhone" to receive notifications, and click "Save Changes". That should be all you have to do.
Anders

Posted by john:
My mistake - I've set it up to enable push.

Just created a test task though with a due date and it didn't appear after the due-by time.

Anyone else had any luck?

Make sure you set it up far enough in advance for it to sync to the Toodledo servers, and then be sent back by your selected lead time. Also, you must have an active network connection to receive reminders. I am an iPod user, so that kind of stinks, but it is the only way Apple has provided for third party apps to provide notifications.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.