ForumsNewsFirefox Add-on Updated

Firefox Add-on Updated
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Our Firefox Add-on has been updated. It now supports adding tasks with notes, status, start-date and advanced repeating values. Additionally, it has a popup date and time picker for start-date and due-date. This new version of the add-on was built especially for Firefox 3.0 and is not backwards compatible, so if you are not yet ready to switch completely to Firefox 3.0, you should hold off on installing this update.
dagh

Posted: Jun 06, 2008
Please give me back the old toodledo firefox add-on.

In the old add-on, my fingers never had to leave the keyboard. Most of my tasks are "tomorrow", "next week", or "Monday", "Tuesday" and so on. My due times are normally "3pm" or "8am".

With the old add-on, I could enter a task very quickly. With the new add-on, I have to use the mouse and I have to figure out the exact date of next "Tuesday" and so on. The new add-on really slows me down.

So, please give me back my old add-on. The old add-on is great. Also, I am using Firefox 3 and I will keep using Firefox 3.

Thanks for all the nice work you have done on Toodledo. I love it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 06, 2008
The old addon is still available at this URL, but it is not compatibly with Firefox 3.

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/toodledo1_50.xpi

We will try to make the date function better in a future update.
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted: Jun 16, 2008
It would be great if the auto-update extensions feature with FF3 worked properly... it said the Toodledo add-on wasn't available for FF3, and I was getting very concerned. Glad to hear it has been updated -- maybe you can get Mozilla to indicate this when searching for extension updates and compatibility!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 16, 2008
We submitted our updated addon to Mozilla over 2 months ago, but they have not yet reviewed it and logged it into their system. I guess they are busy. Our website will always be up to date.

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

Once the final version of FF is release this week, we'll make sure that updates go smoothly.
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted: Jun 17, 2008
Just released today. I'm running it now.
dagh

Posted: Jun 17, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
The old addon is still available at this URL, but it is not compatibly with Firefox 3.

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/toodledo1_50.x pi

We will try to make the date function better in a future update.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to go back to FF2 so I have to deal with the FF3 addon. Nevertheless, whatever you can do to move the FF2 addon into FF3 is great. The earlier the better. I have basically quit using the FF3 addon because it is simply not usable for me.

Anyway, in the big picture of things, this is a small thing. You are doing a fabulous job with toodledo so keep it up.

Best,
JonG

Posted: Jul 28, 2008
Suggestion for the Firefox Add-on (perhaps other slim versions also):

I think we need a navigation control for navigating up one level from the current view. Perhaps more implementation of the breadcrums available on some views.

E.g. I view a task in a folder and want to look at other tasks in the same folder. How do I get back to the folder list (i.e. up one level)? Also, if I add a sub-task to an existing task, how do I get back to the parent task so I can add another sub-task?

When navigating Contexts or Folders you give breadcrums at the top to go back, but not in the examples I cited. If I click the Toodledo icon I go to the start, if I click refresh I get to my default view.

ThanX for considering.
(p.s. looking forward to a better date picker too.)

This message was edited Jul 28, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.