ForumsNewsFixed a bug with searching and subtasks

Fixed a bug with searching and subtasks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
We have fixed a bug on our advanced search page that was preventing the "toggle subtasks" command from working properly for subtasks that have a context. The problem was with the context filter being incorrectly applied.
MGE

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Thanks for rolling this out...

Minor issue: if I setup a search with
- Checked Off: no
- Context: ABC

it shows me all the unfinished tasks with Context ABC. That's correct. If I now hit "Toggle Subtasks" it shows me the tasks underneath (even if they have a different context, which is fine) but also the finished tasks (even though Checked Off = no)

Is this how the fix is supposed to work?

Regards,

Marko
stephenmford

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
I'm able to repeat what m.genzel is saying, completed tasks show up after the toggle.

Also, the toggle to drop the tasks under their subtask works great but if I try and return to a "flat" listing by hitting toggle again, the tasks simply disappear. I'll open a ticket and add screen shots.

Stephen
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Stephen, that is the intended behavior. The only way to return to flat is to do the search again. The "Toggle subtasks" button opens or closes the nested subtasks.

As for everything showing up when you nest subtasks, this is how it is designed to work right now. When you reveal a task's subtasks, it will not apply the current search parameters to the subtasks, it will show all of them. This is how it has always been, just we had a bug that was applying some of the filters. We do plan to make it an option to have the search be applied to subtasks after you toggle them.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.