ForumsNewsWe have improved our forum searching

We have improved our forum searching
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Searching our forums has been improved. Now, when you do a search with multiple words, it will treat each word as a keyword instead of doing an exact match for the entire phrase.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
For example, try searching this topic for "improved keyword". Previously, this search would have only found this reply because it is the only one that contains that exact phrase. Now, it will find the first post as well because it contains both keywords.

Matching posts are ordered by relevance and date.
Anders

Cool. This will be very helpful.
Anders

BTW, I was just trying this out, and if you use quotation marks around your query, you can still search for exact matches only if that is what you want.
lite1

This is a slight improvement, thank you. Given the sophistication and relative ease of use of the Advanced Search for TD tasks, the still primitive state for searching forum (or a selected group of sub-forums)is a bit puzzling. YET I trust the priorities that TD sets, which generally work well across all the users that you are trying to please/respond to.

Could we at least get a basic OR search for the forums within the next 12 months? I know it is probably on your TD list so no need to take time responding.
Edward
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anders

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
The new search enhancements have been extremely helpful. One strange thing I have noticed is that thread titles do not seem to be searched, only the body of the posts. If the titles could be searched as well, that would be great.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 30, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.