Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
m.w.cole

Posted: Nov 19, 2009
I want this too! Then toodledo would be THE best todo / GTD solution. Is this likely to happen?

Posted by aaron.lyons:
Now just if we would integrate with gmail one step further to allow e-mail to task linking similar to the RTM firefox extension we'd be all set.
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/
Asheen

Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Vin showed me a pretty good workaround: when you're in an email that you want to flag for reply or other action, copy the URL (it should look like this: http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/125231b947ea262c, or http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com/?ui=2#inbox/12523d4160e121d3) and paste it into a TD note. Name the note, e.g., "Send article to Deb". I also tag all email tasks accordingly, and have my TD gmail gadget always displaying this "emails" tag. (I opt for the full webpage and iPhone app for the rest of my tasks.)

So when I glance in my inbox, I see all the emails I have to send in the TD gadget. Then when I want to execute a task (send one of the emails), I click on the task in the gadget and then click on the URL in its note, which automatically takes me to the email chain that needs replying.

It's not RTM's one-click button, but it's pretty close.

This message was edited Nov 24, 2009.
Alan

Posted by Anders:
The sort button looks like two green arrows crossing over one another. It is on the darker blue line below the Toodledo logo. If you go to a list like Starred, or All Tasks, yiu should be able to see it. In a Context, or Folder,etc. It will be obscured by the Context/Folder name, but can still be pressed if you click the edge of it.
Well, it seems obvious to me, but has no one else requested that this "bug" be fixed? The "sort" icon should not be covered by a breadcrumb or anything else. Will this be fixed, Jake? I'll enter a ticket just to make it official
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, it will be fixed.
Mackley

Posted: Dec 03, 2009
Really nice ! Thanks !
Michel_7

Posted: Dec 11, 2009
Posted by Asheen:
Vin showed me a pretty good workaround: when you're in an email that you want to flag for reply or other action, copy the URL (it should look like this: http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/125231b947ea262c, or http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com/?ui=2#inbox/12523d4160e121d3) and paste it into a TD note. Name the note, e.g., "Send article to Deb". I also tag all email tasks accordingly, and have my TD gmail gadget always displaying this "emails" tag. (I opt for the full webpage and iPhone app for the rest of my tasks.)

So when I glance in my inbox, I see all the emails I have to send in the TD gadget. Then when I want to execute a task (send one of the emails), I click on the task in the gadget and then click on the URL in its note, which automatically takes me to the email chain that needs replying.

It's not RTM's one-click button, but it's pretty close.
Michel_7

Posted: Dec 11, 2009
This is an excellent tip. Thank you.
brett

Posted: Dec 12, 2009
Just wanted to throw my vote in for smaller font/other space saving measures for the gmail gadget. Every couple of months I install it to check, then uninstall it again. I can only see 3 tasks in the available space.

Maybe use colors to indicate priority, shrink the icons/check box or shift them to fix the fact that 1/3 of the space taken for a task is white space if you title is longer than 'Buy food'...
Denis Ferrero

Posted: Feb 17, 2010
Is it possible to have a division between groups of tasks?
Like more space between a folder and the next one in the all tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 17, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
soulshine25

Posted: Jul 23, 2010
Just discovered toodledo and am loving it. Have a minor problem I can't seem to figure out with the gadget though. When accessing my to do list, the list is longer than the size of the gadget and I can't figure out how to scroll down (or resize the gadget to be longer)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 24, 2010
As far as I know, Google does not allow the gadget to be resized, but it should have a scrollbar. Mine does. What browser are you using?
andrew.trick

Posted: Jul 28, 2010
I have the same problem as soulshine25 on both Firefox 3.5.8 on linux and Firefox 3.6.6 on Windows.

I'm using the google gadget on the google calendar page. It is not the toodledo calendar (can't figure out the purpose of having a new check mark on every day even when there are no tasks due). Instead it is the "gmail/iGoogle" gadget in the calendar sidebar (added with Calendar labs). It works great for my workflow but is very difficult to use with no resizing or scrolling. Maybe a google problem, but sure would be nice to fix.

The problem is not that I need to see whole list of tasks (I can just login to toodledo for that), but that it's very difficult to add/edit a task.
tclegg

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
I am switching over from RTM to Toodledo and have been using for about a week now. I use lists primarily in two places: iphone and igoogle. The iphone application is fantastic! But the google gadget is proving much harder for me to adapt to for these reasons:

1. Echoing others here, Font size + banner make this gadget too bulky on my igoogle page. It is especially noticeable because it is significantly larger than the RTM gadget it is replacing. I really liked how the RTM gadget would auto-size depending on the number of items on the list.

2. On the website and iphone app, the hotlist is sorted by "Today" "Tomorrow" and "Next X days" per my settings. The hotlist on the igoogle app has them all running together, which is very hard to adjust to, especially if you are like me and used to clearing your "Today" items each day, RTM style!

It looks like Toodledo is very actively supported, which is the primary reason I am motivated to switch. Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.