ForumsNewsA few tweaks for reminders

A few tweaks for reminders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
We just made a few tweaks that should make reminders/alarms easier to use.

1) If you want every task to send you a reminder, it is now possible to set a default value for the reminder field. Any new task added via the website will have a reminder set automatically. Go into your account settings to set this up.

2) We have added "14 days" and "30 days" as options for the lead-time on reminders (Pro subscribers only).

Unrelated to reminders: We have added some additional information to the popup box that appears when you hover your mouse over a checkbox.

1) It will now show how a task was added, if it wasn't added via the website. Possible values are: iPhone, Firefox, Twitter, Jott, etc.

2) It will now show who assigned the task to you. This allows you to hide the "assignor" column and free up some horizontal screen real-estate, if you want.
replytoken

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
We just made a few tweaks that should make reminders/alarms easier to use.

1) If you want every task to send you a reminder, it is now possible to set a default value for the reminder field. Any new task added via the website will have a reminder set automatically. Go into your account settings to set this up.

2) We have added "14 days" and "30 days" as options for the lead-time on reminders (Pro subscribers only).

You have put a very bright spot in an otherwise chaotic and grinding week! Now if you could fix that PITA IE8 that I installed on my netbook last night (I know, what was I thinking?), I would come over and clean your house and wash your car. I love supporting smaller software developers like you because they listen to their customers, and they provide good technical support. Thank you so much.

--Ken
thechexican

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
Alright, all these updates for iPhone goodness...you guys win, I'm going to a pro account in the VERY near future.
Toodledo

Morning,

I just upgraded to a trial PRO account mainly for the ability to receive alerts via SMS and e-mail to multiple destinations.

I don't see any way to configure which todos are to be send to which e-mail addresses. For example, I'd like the todos that are in my "Work" folder to the "work" e-mail address.

Is this possible, or perhaps we can add it to your wish list.

thx.

- Devon
Anders

That is a cool idea, but it is not currently possible.
Vin Thomas

Ok, just to make sure I am getting this right, let me run down my situation. I have entered my new task and set the due date/time to tomorrow at 12pm. Do I have to set the reminder or will it just automatically do it for me? The reminder button remains unchecked...

I guess I can test it, but it would be nice if it does remind me to have it checked and set to 15min reminder time.
Vin Thomas

It didn't work without checking the "remind me" button. I will try that now...
Anders

Hey Vin, you have to go to your Account Settings and choose "15 minutes" for Reminder under "New Task Defaults". Then every new task should already have the 15 minutes selected, and the box checked for you, and yes this means you won't get default reminders when you add a task with the FF addon, etc.
TheGriff_2

So this new global setting does it for EVERY task? If so I'd like to have an option to do it only for tasks WITH a due date. I don't need reminders of everything I have to do (I'd go crazy!) but I do use them for time sensitive tasks.
Anders

Sorry to be vague. It actually does only apply to tasks with a due date. Of course, when would you receive a reminder for a task with no date? ;)
TheGriff_2

Well I sorta assumed it wouldn't...but the announcement seemed to indicate you would receive one for ALL tasks. My next question was going to be exactly how they determine the logic for when to remind. LOL
Vin Thomas

Hmm...this isn't working for me. I have it set to give me reminders 15mins before. Yet it remains unchecked. I have checked and double checked. Weird...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To get a reminder you have to have a due-date and have the "remind me" checkbox checked. If you are a pro member, you also need to pick a lead-time from the drop down box. If an alarm is set, you will see a little bell icon next to the due-date on your task.
DavidSzp

I haven't looked closely but if I set up default reminders, I'd like them only if there was a due date AND time set, but not if it was just a due date.
Vin Thomas

I am a pro-member, but I don't see the 15 mins selected as default. Hmm...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 04, 2009
You need to go into your account settings and enable the default first.
thechexican

Posted by thechexican:
Alright, all these updates for iPhone goodness...you guys win, I'm going to a pro account in the VERY near future.

Since then, I've kept trying to test out push notifications. Followed the documentation, set the notification settings to "iphone", set alarm lead times, the whole thing.

Each task I've made with an alarm since then...not a single popup. No, not even five minutes after the due time. Having alerts that don't clutter up my messages/inbox and eat up my sms count were the big draw for going pro.

Looks like I'm sticking to free until they work.
Anders

If you can be more specific about what you are doing, someone may be able to tell you what you are mssing because I can assure you they do work.

This message was edited Jul 04, 2009.
Vin Thomas

I figured out why it wasn't working. I was adding these tasks as subtasks. When I went in to edit the details of this new subtask (ie. to add a due date/time), the reminder was not set at all.

As far as I can tell this is only for adding a new task using the "n" shortcut or clicking the "add task" button.

I would love to see this take effect for subtasks added as well.
Anders

Oh right, that makes sense. Since it is a new task default, when a subtask is added, all you can set for the new task is a name. The other options aren't there. You are right though, it would be good if it applied to subtasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.