ForumsNewsToodledo 2016 - The Year in Review

Toodledo 2016 - The Year in Review
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 30, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Happy New Years from Toodledo!

One of our goals for 2016 was to finish our work to make the entire website work elegantly across all platforms, regardless of screen size and capabilities. Everything except for the Tasks section has been completed, and the Tasks section is currently in the final stage of beta testing, so we are very very close to having this goal completed.

Here is an abridged list of some of the amazing things that we accomplished this year:

Tasks
For the old Tasks section we made these small changes:
+ Speed up of the initial loading of the Tasks section
+ Improved IFTTT integration
+ Fixed a number of small bugs.

For the new Tasks section:
We spent most of the year working on this. There are too many things that we did here to list, so I'll just link to our Roadmap. This new Tasks section is currently in Beta Testing and will be released soon. We worked really really hard on this. Please read our Roadmap post to get a better idea of what our goals are for this impending redesign.

Notes (link)
+ Totally redesigned from the ground up to be responsive, streamlined and faster.

iOS app (link)
+ Fixed bug with iPad Pro
+ Fixed some iOS 10 bugs
+ Made really good progress towards a total rewrite of the iOS app from the ground up to be really awesome.

Android App (link)
+ Saved Search added!
+ Location alarms can have a custom ringtone
+ Added icons for data below task in list
+ Archived folders will be hidden now
+ Updated Toodledo to be compatible with Android 7 (Nougat)
+ Plus several dozen important bug fixes and small improvements

Overall
+ We redesigned our homepage to better communicate the benefits of Toodledo to prospective new customers and to make the page load faster so that you can sign-in quicker and get to your tasks.
+ Security Improvements by enabling SSL by default and making several other important changes.
+ Recorded new tutorial videos for our help section that reflect our new design and help explain the key parts of Toodledo better.
+ In our help section, we wrote some new articles and updated others to be more informative. For example: http://www.toodledo.com/info/gtd.php
+ We also created some helpful infographics to help people learn different ways to use Toodledo. Example: http://www.toodledo.com/info/gtd-infographic.php

Reliability
We were able to maintain an uptime record of 99.94% for the year, with only 5hrs of total downtime.

Conclusion
All of the above is just the highlights. We made hundreds of other smaller improvements and fixes across all aspects of our product.

In 2017, our goal is to finish our redesign of the Tasks section on the web and finish our redesign of the iOS app.

We appreciate all the support and suggestions that we have received from everyone. We are continuing to make Toodledo the best productivity tool on the internet. Thanks to everyone for making Toodledo a success.

Happy New Year!

PS. Please use promo code "newyear17" at checkout to get 10% off a subscription or renewal for you and your friends.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 03, 2017
A very Good Job!
smon

Posted: Jan 11, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Great work Jake.
oletros

Posted: Feb 07, 2017
Score: -2 Reference
"and finish our redesign of the iOS app"

Sorry the read this, it seems that Android is always very low in the priority list.

Why don't you change your way, acknowledgethat the Android app is very bad and redesign it first. If the goal is to finnish the iOS redesign in 2017, when we can expect anything? 2019?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 07, 2017
We have been releasing Android updates about once a week for the past few months and there were more improvements made to the Android app last year than the iOS app, including the addition of Saved Search, a major feature.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Feb 08, 2017
Posted by oletros:
Sorry the read this, it seems that Android is always very low in the priority list.

I switched to Android from iOS, and was not happy that the Android app didn't have the same features. However, my experience is that the new features have been fast coming and now with Saved Searches, the Android app is very usable to me. YMMV, of course, but I was in your boat and am now happy with the Android app and the fast development of it.

Of course, I may be biased. I pointed out a bug (in Saved Searches) and Toodledo fixed it.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Feb 08, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by oletros:
Why don't you change your way, acknowledgethat the Android app is very bad and redesign it first.

How is the Android app "very bad", out of curiosity? I use it all the time. Looks nice, seems to work. Saved Searches on it are killer, if you set them up right.

I wish it refreshed a bit more often and seamlessly like, say, with AJAX. But aside from automatic refresh frequency, it seems a powerful app at this time, taking advantage of Toodledo's features including its powerful sorting.

However, I'm genuinely curious about your input.
J. Michael Stahl

Posted: Feb 21, 2017
Are there any updates on a new iOS app? Any targeted features you can discuss?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.