ForumsNewsAnnouncing TaskJot - A Blackberry app with Toodledo syncing

Announcing TaskJot - A Blackberry app with Toodledo syncing
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 05, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
We are very happy to pass along the news that there is now a native Blackberry application called "TaskJot" that wirelessly syncs with Toodledo. This is the same application that has been undergoing beta testing by many of our users under the code name "ToodledoBB". We have heard a lot of good things about this application, and recommend it to all Blackberry users.

This is a third-party application that is not developed nor supported by us, but we have had a lot of communication with Fieldstone Software (the developers) and they are great guys with a great product.

You can download a free trial or purchase the app at the following link:

http://www.taskjot.com
jzamoras

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
I switched from rtm because of this!!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2009.
fencepost

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
I'm in the process of switching from ToDoMatrix not just because of this but because I'm not sure my next device will be a Blackberry - it's just as likely to be Android-based, and might even be Windows-based though that's less likely.

About the only thing I can say is that it's extremely unlikely to be an iPhone.
Hartl

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I use TaskJot for several months and I'm really excited. The program is very good and that makes my Blackberry irreplaceable.

Gerhard
abesselink

Posted: Sep 16, 2009
This seems to be a great program. I am in the midst of the 14 day trial. However, the load times on my BB Pearl are incredibly slow, making it very difficult to use.

Allan
Stan_B

Posted: Sep 16, 2009
Same as Abesselink -- TaskJot seemed to slowed my BB quite a bit. The device returned to its normal speed once the program was removed.

Too bad...
abesselink

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
I had also thought that it was going to make use of the native BB apps, though now I see that will be a Pro feature.
Jeremy

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
It worked great right after they annouced it for sale....when they made a recent update it seemed to slow everything down and ping the network so much that it killed my battery quite quickly. I think they have a great product, but it needs further development.
menasheh

Posted: Dec 08, 2009
I was elated with the early version of taskjot. Now I stopped using it b/c it's so slow. It's faster for me to just use my opera browser. I use the html site in the opera mini browser instead; this works great. If toodledo could spend some time making their html or slim site more opera friendly I would probably stop using the taskjot program altogether. I've tried the bolt and bb browsers and they don't work as well; bolt is a close second and bb is way last.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2009.
Jeremy

Posted: Dec 10, 2009
Its frustrating because the second to last beta version was lightning fast and I was sold on paying for this program.

They made three updates from there that were progressively slower and took forever to sync.

Sounds like they have stopped improvements and taking feedback from customers.
pwwroa

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
I am using Taskjot and Toodledo pro on my Blackberry Curve 3300 on Sprint, I love it.
I do not have issues with it slowing my phone down.
It works great.
I recommend Taskjott and Pro.
P.S.
I used to have ATT Tilt and synced it with Outlook. I no longer have to hook up a cable to sync.
Jeremy

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
I'm not sure what your doing right, but I'm glad its working for you. I've invested a lot of time trying to figure out if there was a setting that was off and just couldn't make it work. I'm a heavy bb user so I am very familiar with the OS and how to fix common problems, but I could figure out what was wrong.
jzamoras

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
I found a bug in TJ last night, it drained my battery to half in 2 hours!! There is a bug in sync, looks like it tries to use wifi when it's disabled after start TJ.

best,
Jaime

This message was edited Dec 15, 2009.
Jeremy

Posted: Dec 16, 2009
@Jamie

That's what happened to me...did you find a fix?
jzamoras

no, I just disabled auto sync until TJ devs fix the bug.
mark

Same problem here with the same solution.
Disabled autosync and just do a manual sync after adding/editing tasks, all good now.
chris

Posted: Dec 29, 2009
Autosync drains the battery quickly and makes my Pearl 8120 slow to use as well. Setting it to manual sync fixes the problem.

I'm still on the trial, so I think I'll wait until this problem is fixed before paying for TJ.

Any news from Fieldstone?
jzamoras

I'm using a rc that it does not solve the problem, yet.
TaskJot

Hello Everyone

We're working on getting these speed issues fixed. For those of you with slowness issues, we have heard from some users that deleting old, completed tasks on Toodledo improves performance on your device. Currently, we sync *everything* from Toodledo. We're now considering adding some options to limit what gets synced to improve on-device performance.

Best,

JR Lawhorne
TaskJot
jackcarneyjr

Posted: Feb 13, 2010
I am new to Toodledo but a long time BB user. I just signed up for Toodledo and am trying to figure out how to use it (not very intuitive to me) should I check out TaskJot or wait? I am also experiencing a lot of slowness and spend a lot of time looking at the hourglass but not sure why. I recently installed Google sync but it doesn't seem to be working. I was thinking it may be trying to sync but having issues. Any advice on both of these issues would be appreciated. I am now with Sprint having switched from Verizon and these are new issues but don't know if I can attribute to service or software. I am definitely looking for a way to manage tasks so TaskJot is appealing to me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.