ForumsNewsiPhone App

iPhone App
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
We are happy to announce that there is now a native iPhone application that will synchronize with Toodledo and give you the ability to manage your tasks offline.

The smart folks at Appigo have created an iPhone app called Todo that you can download from Apple's iTunes App Store.

Here is a video that demonstrates synchronization

Here are some screenshots:

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008.
Eric

Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Ohhh I'm so excited!!!

Toodledo and the community around it are the best on the Web!!!
Trent.haun Post deleted
Eric

Posted: Jul 11, 2008
Lot to be desired here... I'm sticking with the Toodledo slim version... hope they add status to the home page of slim soon.
j.alcock

Posted: Jul 12, 2008
Hmmmmm tempting, but I prefer the slim ToodleDo at the moment.

Is there any chance ToodleDo will release their own iPhone App that could be used offline as well as online? I'm an iPod Touch user who would like to be able to use ToodleDo when I'm out and about.

Update: I have downloaded the Todo application and am so far very impressed, the only real downsides are the lack of support for starred items (I really like this feature) and the fact that it only lists by due date, not priority.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2008.
infinitetape

Posted: Jul 12, 2008
It doesn't support contexts either, from what I can tell. Hopefully they'll add new features going forward.
Mark

Posted: Jul 13, 2008
I've been using this for a couple of days, and have found it really convenient to have a list of ToDos on my iPhone without having to go online. If I sync first thing in the morning, I can check off things I've completed throughout the day and sync again later.

I agree that there are loads of ToodleDo options which aren't supported, but it's a great start... hopefully new features will be added over time.
David

Does the Appigo application show your hotlist?

Appigo has a Google group for the ToDo application at
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo
Mark

No hotlist unfortunately.

The only options are looking at individual folders, or seeing all tasks in a calendar format (e.g. overdue... today... tomorrow... next 7 days... etc).
Yvonne

Posted: Jul 14, 2008
I'm really tempted because everyone says it's so great, but I love my slim version of Toodledo. There is only one thing remaining on my 'want' list that they have not added. I use it constantly. I will give this other one a try for times when I can't get the real thing online, or when edge is just too frustrating, but I do not want my friends here at Toodledo to stop evolving the iPhone product. I would dearly love them to create their own native iPhone app. In fact that was the first thing I searched for in the App Store. I am a huge fan because it has changed my life really, and not just my work life. I tend to be very busy and very forgetful. Once I got my blessed iPhone it led me to Toodledo and now I don't forget things any more. I will try this and wait for the day when they create their own incredible app!
jarheaddoug

Posted: Jul 14, 2008
I have been using various web based ToDo services to see which one would more suit what I was looking for. Toodledo was at the top because of the various features and Jott support. This app quickly made my decision easy. Sure there are more Toodledo features that need to be added to the ToDo app but when away from a computer, this more than suits my needs. Besides, it's only been a couple of days since the iPhone 2.0 firmware update so this app will only get better.

And I must say I love the slim version of Toodledo which I run in an AIR app in a small window on my second monitor.

I cannot recommend Toodledo enough. I also highly recommend Appigo's ToDo iPhone app.
twistermc

Posted: Jul 15, 2008
I love the ToDo list integration on my iPod Touch. Exactly what I was looking for!!
GS

Posted: Jul 17, 2008
It is a big downgrade to go from Toodledo Slim to Aipigo's ToDo. A Toodledo Slim Native App for iPhone is high on the wish list!!
dbw

Posted: Jul 18, 2008
I agree 100%. Bought the ToDo app, which just keeps crashing. It's definitely not as elegant as Toodledo. Having used Toodledo extensively and having now bought Pro subscriptions for my whole team, I'm quite sure that the Toodledo team could make a much better product.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Apple rushed developers into releasing their applications for the iPhone and so many of the currently available apps are buggy. I personally have not experienced crashes using ToDo, but if there are bugs, I am sure that they will be fixed soon.

The developers are very friendly and responsive to suggestions, so if you want to let Appigo know about bugs or features that you would like to see, please let them know here: http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo
donnamy

Posted: Jul 21, 2008
Toodledo Slim is a better option at this time for me. ToDo lacks a couple necessary features like context suppport. One thing that is impressive is syncing. It is very quick and accurate.
gsimonizer

Posted: Jul 22, 2008
For me, a serious GTDer who loves Toodledo, this iPhone app is practically worthless. I was convinced to buy it by all the positive reviews, but it took me about 2 minutes to realize this wasn't going to help me much.

To explain the limitations of this app, imagine with Toodledo you were only able to access the "View by Folders" lists. This is essentially all you have with Todo. Not too useful for me, as I routinely use the Context lists (and now the Status lists) when deciding what to do. My folders have upwards of 50-90 items each, so view by folder is kind of useless to me.

I too hope the Toodledo developers will consider producing their own app. If they decide not to, at least keep the Slim browser updated and functional, since that's what I'll have to use.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 22, 2008
We intend to keep the slim version updated and in sync with our main feature set. Also, please feel free to let the developers of the ToDo app know about features that you want added.
Eric

Posted: Aug 16, 2008
The current version of ToDo can corrupt your tasks when edited. I would avoid this application until this is fixed. The randoly edited data, is of course, synded to toodledo.
will.sargent

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
I really like it, but there's no context. It's good for adding stuff and checking it at a glance, but it's not nearly rich enough.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.