ForumsNewsFour small improvements and fixes

Four small improvements and fixes
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The priorities of users who post in the forums are well known to us, and we continue to work on them. The thing is that most of those common requests (offline support, task dependency, infinite subtask levels, etc) are big ticket items that take a lot of time. We continue to work on these and other common requests but we also like to take care of some quicker things so that things continually get better. And bug fixes are usually higher priority than new functionality. And to be honest, some requests we haven't figured out how to do yet.

When it really comes down to it, we have a list that is prioritized according to how important we think it is to Toodledo. User requests are factored into this prioritization. When I am looking for something new to work on, I sort by priority and scan down the list until something sounds interesting. I understand that users may be confused when we implement something that seems less important that something else, but sometimes that is where my motivation takes me.
Proximo

Posted: Oct 02, 2009
@Toodedo

Sometimes we forget that you are not a Huge Company with a Development Department. :-)

I understand that the number of request you must get are enough to keep you busy for a very long time.

I actually appreciate your honesty and mentioning your motivation as a factor on what you will do.

It's easy for us to keep asking for things, but it does take work to get them done, so we do appreciate you.
replytoken

Posted: Oct 04, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
And bug fixes are usually higher priority than new functionality.

:)
dpoort

Posted: Oct 05, 2009
I agree with the posters that think Calendar should remain at the side, however, I am sure I will get use to using it the new way.

One of the things that I find hardest is the fact that once you are on Calendar, you can no longer click on the Calendar link to refresh your page. You actually have to refresh the page entirely using the browser functionality.

I have overcome this by making the Calendar View one of my links on my bookmark bar, so instead of clicking Calendar, I just go there and reload the site using that button.

Hope this helps
Anders

Posted by adaram:
One of the things that I find hardest is the fact that once you are on Calendar, you can no longer click on the Calendar link to refresh your page. You actually have to refresh the page entirely using the browser functionality.

If you have keyboard shortcuts enabled, you can just click "r" to refresh the page any time: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=18
shurst

The Calendar view is a great start. My workflow involves scheduling only those tasks that I'll be doing within the next week (unless something specific further into the future). I add those new due dates on my iphone Toodledo app in the evenings and now I can open up Toodledo on my desktop when ready to work and there are the tasks I scheduled for today in a nice list.

Thanks. Can't wait to see more Caendar functionality as it's becoming the basis of my workflow. and now i'll stop looking for a calendar option to try and sync with.....

Stv
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.