ForumsNewsSix more improvements: Quicksearch, keyboard shortcuts, bugs

Six more improvements: Quicksearch, keyboard shortcuts, bugs
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
Continuing on yesterdays batch of small improvements we have a few more for today.

1) The QuickSearch functionality has been optimized and improved. It can now search through several thousand tasks without causing the browser to slow down. It also fixed a few bugs with searching inside indented subtasks.

2) You can now add a task from the calendar view.

3) Added a bunch more keyboard shortcuts. For a description of all of them, check here. Most of the functions in the toolbars will now have a keyboard shortcut.

4) Fixed a display bug with Internet Explorer 8 when using Multi-line view and editing tags.

5) Fixed a bug where the "clone task" function would not work on the scheduler or calendar pages.

6) Fixed a bug where saving and then quickly re-editing a note would cause the newline/return characters to be removed.
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
The new keyboard shortcuts are fantastic. "?" to show the list is great, especially for learning the new ones. The new shortcuts for toolbar actions are really helpful. I do wonder why there is still no shortcut for Tag view though.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I just forgot to add a shortcut for the tag view. I'm only human :) It will be in the next update.
Vin Thomas

Great stuff! Thanks!

It would be great to be able to navigate the list too someday.
Proximo

I am already using the new keys. It's so much faster than dealing with a mouse.

Thanks
Alan

Posted: Oct 03, 2009
This is great, and shows once again just how outstanding the product is becoming. Jake - the ongoing improvements are greatly appreciated.

I especially love the "?" shortcut to quickly reference the keyboard shortcuts. Extremely useful.
lite1

Posted: Apr 01, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
This is wonderful and makes for > efficiency. Been with TD nearly a year and am about to launch a friend so was prepping training. Can't believe that I just now found these shortcuts as I'm a bit of keyboard junkie.
Thx, Edward
Allen

Posted: Apr 01, 2010
I just noticed, the shortcut '?' for the list of commands does not work on the Calendar view.
dg

Posted: Apr 02, 2010
Is it possible to underline the letter that's the keyboard shortcut for the various toolbar/menu items? Sort of like the menu toolbar in Windows apps? As we get more shortcut keys, that would be a useful reminder for me.

Thx!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
ITAL SI

Posted: Apr 08, 2010
Now we can add a task from the calendar view. It would be helpful if we could add a task from calendar by a simple click on a day, wich will be the due date of task.

Thanks!
dg

Posted: Apr 10, 2010
BTW, one minor issue I have with Toodledo is related to this discussion of shortcut keys. That is, I find that Toodledo responds to the F1, F3, F10, and F11 keys in an undocumented way (at least I couldn't find any mention of it). This isn't a huge problem, but it was a surprise to me, and there's one key annoyance caused by this.

It turns out that Toodledo intercepts the F11 key - which is used by virtually all browsers to toggle Full Screen mode on/off - and does something else with it. So I cannot use the F11 key to toggle Toodledo into full screen mode.

I'm so used to using the F11 key to do this on my smallish laptop screen that I do it out of muscle memory, and am always annoyed when Toodledo intercepts the F11 key and changes the display of the page in a way I didn't want.

Could this be fixed? Thank you!
--
dg

This message was edited Apr 10, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2010
Toodledo shouldn't be doing anything with the function keys. I'll have to look into that.
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 11, 2010
Yeah, I can confirm that under Firefox 3.6.3 Windows 7, F11 shows/hides Task details and F10 goes to the tag view. Didn't try the rest, figured that would be enough to confirm the behavior.
Xxx_2

Posted: May 25, 2010
I would like a keyboard shortcut to access the Notebook view. I use many times this patch to maintain my content in the Notebook aplication from Appigo... I sugest you the "n" key or the "b" key....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
mayurdicosta Post deleted
PeterW 

Posted: May 26, 2010
Looks like the content of this spam post actually broke the forum!
Boxin

Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo has powerful shortcuts, most of which are hard to remember though, ie, y for tag view, b for calendar, there is neither "y" in "tag", nor "b" in "calendar", not a series matter anyway.

And one thing that is annoying is lack of a shortcut for "no status" tab (0-9 for the first ten tabs, what about the 11th & 12th tab?), "no status" tab should works as inbox according to the GTD methodology, which simply means it's one of the most used tab we may have to check.

Also, I think it would be nice to have two more shortcuts to move between different tabs, like "ctrl+n" = next tab, "ctrl+p" = previous tab. It makes more sense.

This message was edited May 26, 2010.
dg

+1 on the shortcut for "next tab" and "previous tab"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.