ForumsNewsMulti-Edit

Multi-Edit
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 17, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
A lot of people have asked for this, so here it is :) You can now edit multiple tasks at once.

This functionality is on the newly upgraded "Search View". All you need to do is search for the tasks that you want to edit. Then click the "Multi-Edit" link in the toolbar. This will reveal all the options for editing tasks in bulk. Just select which fields you want to update, pick the new values and hit the save button to update every task on the page in one easy step.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2008.
Qrystal

Score: 0 Reference
Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for this! The major revamp in how I'm using contexts is now going to be so much easier to implement, because I can just re-contextualize a whole bunch of things all at once!!!

I could kiss you!
Acustk

Posted by Toodledo:
...pick the new values and hit the save button to update every task on the page in one easy step.

I notice that after updating the changes it returns to a blank search screen. Is it possible, instead, to have it return to a list of the edited items which shows their new values? Just would be nice to see a visual confirmation of the changes instead of having them disappear from view.

(Thanks very much for the ability to multi-edit)
Qrystal

When this happens, the "Modify this Search" also doesn't remember what the search terms were.

This blank search result issue, i.e. You've done everything in this tab!, occurs even if the change done does not make it so that the search terms are no longer valid.

[I didn't notice this issue for my first bunch of batches of changes, because I was changing the things I was searching for! My total revamp of contexts worked really, really well, thanks to this feature, so I'm thanking you again.]

This message was edited Jul 17, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Doh! Looks like we missed something. Thanks for pointing this out. If you make bulk changes to a saved search, it will refresh and show you the changes, but if you make the changes to an unsaved search it will refresh to a blank page. We will fix this.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2008.
J-Mac

Either way, thanks a lot for this feature. Very much appreciated!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is fixed now. When you make a multi-edit, it will refresh to show you the previous search.
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Jul 21, 2008
Thank you for this feature. VERY awesome!
Mike

This message was edited Jul 21, 2008.
fleck64

Posted: Jul 26, 2008
Can you add a delete So you can clean up canceled projects.

Thanks John
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
thomthowolf

Posted: Aug 01, 2008
You have really outdone yourselves this time. I am very happy with this tool. I had almost given up, but this puts you heads and shoulders above the rest.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.