ForumsNews2009 In Review

2009 In Review
gsinclair

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
@johnch: The iPhone app is a bargain for the convenience it offers. It's not worth quibbling about.
cjuzda

Posted: Jan 18, 2010
Congratulations - I switched to Toodledo Pro from an off line application, primarily to get the iphone app. I did this after a LOT of research. The sync capabilities of Toodledo >< iphone are absolutely outstanding and the iphone app is very good. IMHO, you currently have the best combination of Desktop and mobile apps in the this particular market space. It's a fast moving market so I'm sure you'll have to keep up the pace to stay ahead of the curve.

Chris
Jrod

Posted: Jan 23, 2010
Congratulations - that's a great big list of improvements. Several of them were major changes for the better. This was a great year to become a Pro user. I really felt like I got my money's worth!
richard

Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Hello, I am a new user of Toodledo. I am currently evaluating this product versus RTM.

I have to say, I have been using RTM for two weeks and Toodledo for One day. That said, I think I will continue to explore the Toodledo app and purchase the pro account and iPhone app.

The fact the developers are so lively on this site and forums, as well as publish the updates and promise features where they can while listening to their customers is quite heart warming.

Conversly the RTM folks are quite secretive and cold, and expect the warm and fuzzy feeling to come from the fact I give my cash to them.

By the way ... Its nicer and warmer to give my money to Americans rather than foreigners. Congrats on a nice product and hang loose in San Diego.
paulp

Posted: Feb 12, 2010
It's a shame you don't want to talk about the roadmap. I understand the need for some level of secrecy and not wanting to commit to dates, but it would be nice to at least have some clues about the general direction that you expect to take the product in this year. I've been checking out the competition to see what else is out there because I realised recently that I've stopped using the iphone app (and consequently the web app) as much as I used to. If I was a Mac user I would try out Things, which looks good, albeit quite costly.

I have my GTD system perfectly set up in Toodledo, but the big lack for me is the difficulty of managing projects (tasks/sub-tasks) via the iphone (even the web app is a bit cumbersome I feel). The features that would be top of my wish-list are:

1) the ability to move an existing task into an existing project on the iphone (i.e. to turn a task into a subtask of another existing task)

2) the ability to create multi-dimensional views on the iphone, e.g. all tasks in Folder X and Context Y (including a sub-tasks and/or parent tasks, i.e. to maintain the integrity of a project view)

3) the introduction of colour tags for different contexts, folders, and/or priorities would massively improve the ease of being able to scan a list and see what's what very quickly/intuitively (for both the web app and the iphone app).

Hopefully these things are already fairly high up in the backlog. After looking around again recently I still reckon you guys offer the best GTD online/iphone productivity tool out there (certainly in terms of value for money), so keep up the great work and here's looking forward to lots of great new features in 2010.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 12, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Dan

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
I love toodledo, however - we have moved to Jira for our project management. It would be incredible to be able to sync between Jira and Toodledo - especially as most of the jira iphone apps out there are incomplete.

I only use Toodledo for personal tasks now.... and even then it's slipping away.

This message was edited Mar 02, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.