ForumsNewsNotebook

Notebook
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 01, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
A new section has been added to Toodledo called the "Notebook". You can find the link in the left hand sidebar. This is place for you to record all of your project notes, reference material or other information that is not necessarily a task or related to a task.
JHenning

Posted: Aug 02, 2008
Would like it better if it show a summary list of Notebook items at the bottom of each Folder or something. I keep the sidebar closed.
David

I am using Firefox 3.0.1 and when I view a note the text is a standard size. When I edit a note, the text is very very small.
kenbeyond

Posted by David:
I am using Firefox 3.0.1 and when I view a note the text is a standard size. When I edit a note, the text is very very small.

If you know CSS,you can install the Stylish Firefox addon to modify the specific font size you desire.
CosmosMarinerDU

Posted: Aug 03, 2008
And if you don't know CSS or what a Stylish Firefox addon is?

Face it, a organizer/todolist application shouldn't presume that kind of knowledge.

Further, in my specific case, I'm a little sight challenged - so a tiny font is a real difficulty.

(And by the way, having to type 7 characters to bold one word is so 90's.)

This message was edited Aug 03, 2008.
J-Mac

Easist way for me to get HTML code into anything online is the BBCode extension for Firefox. Right-click and select HTML (or BBCode) attribute.

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Although we are unable to reproduce the tiny font in Firefox 3.0.1, we're looking into the issue and will see what we can do. If you could provide a screenshot of the problem, that would be helpful. You can email it to [email protected].

Thanks
kleerkoat

Posted: Aug 04, 2008
Very nice update!

I've had the same problem with the small text. It only happens when I use this reply text box and when I enter notes. Other than that all the text displays fine.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2008.
Qrystal

Posted: Aug 04, 2008
In Firefox, go to Tools -> Options, and select the Content tab.

Near where it says default font, click [Advanced]. Check the font sizes there, particularly the size for monospaced font (since that is what's used in the text entry boxes of concern).

Hope that helps!
InfoJeff

Posted: Aug 05, 2008
Posted by Qrystal:
In Firefox, go to Tools -> Options, and select the Content tab. Near where it says default font, click [Advanced]. Check the . . . size for monospaced font

I was having the same problem with a tiny font in Firefox 2 (yeah, I know I need to upgrade; be doing that soon).

I did what Qrystal said (change the size for monospaced font) and it is fixed.

Hopefully David, CosmosMarinerDU, and Ryan will see this thread so they can do the same to fix their displays.

This message was edited Aug 05, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The notebook should now print better, and I think the font size should be resolved as well. Please let me know if it isn't.
David

Posted by InfoJeff:
Posted by Qrystal:
In Firefox, go to Tools -> Options, and select the Content tab. Near where it says default font, click [Advanced]. Check the . . . size for monospaced font

I was having the same problem with a tiny font in Firefox 2 (yeah, I know I need to upgrade; be doing that soon).

I did what Qrystal said (change the size for monospaced font) and it is fixed.

Hopefully David, CosmosMarinerDU, and Ryan will see this thread so they can do the same to fix their displays.

I see the font size was corrected. I tried it today and the text was larger. Also, thanks Qrystal for pointing this out. I did not know about this setting and like having control of the font size.
kleerkoat

Posted: Aug 06, 2008
thanks Qrystal, and also thanks devs it's fixed now.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Aug 08, 2008
It would be great if these Notebook items could be synced with my iPhone using Appigo's ToDo iPhone app. That would add the same mobile functionality to Notebook items as that app does for to-dos. Any ideas about how this could be done or how I could put this "bug" in Appigo's ears?
Fred_Foote

Posted: Aug 08, 2008
Just e-mailed the following to Appigo (ToDo) support:

So LOVE using your program with Toodledo.

They recently added a Notebook feature for more free-form Notes as opposed to the typical to-dos. Could you build a super simple app to sync these Notes in Toodledo with my iPhone -- perhaps as part of syncing to-dos? At least the notes are very simple -- 1/100th the complexity of to-dos (I estimate).

That would be so great!

[My Name]

This message was edited Aug 08, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 09, 2008
Hey, good idea. Maybe they'll do it :)
creative

Posted: Aug 17, 2008
is there any way to access the notebook using the Iphone Slim version?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2008
Not currently, but thanks for the suggestion.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Aug 19, 2008
I was just playing around with Notes posted to the Notebook and discovered to my chagrin that when I go to this feature via my iPhone's browser I can only read the first part of any Note because there is no scrolling down within a Note. Any thoughts on how to overcome this or how I can edit a Note via my iPhone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2008
On the iPhone, you can scroll down within a note by scrolling with 2 fingers instead of one. I struggled with this too until I found it in the iPhone manual somewhere.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.