ForumsNewsNotebook

Notebook
creative

Posted: Aug 23, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
How do you backup the data in the Notebook? Can you export it to XML with the rest of the task data and use it as a backup file?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 24, 2008
The notebook cannot currently be backed up, but this is planned for a future update.

Thanks
btargum

Posted: Sep 18, 2008
I'd love to sort my notes alphabetically within each folder, but it doesn't look like that functionality exists. (Appigo's Notebook App does it, which is lovely.) Any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 18, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
J-Mac

Posted: Sep 19, 2008
Hi all. I'm curious as to how you all are using the notebook feature in Toodledo. I use the Notes associated with each task to handle anything that I would normally put into the notebook, so I'm not using the notebook itself.

What all are people keeping in your notebooks?

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: I just looked to see what Appigo was - hadn't noticed the references to it before. I don't have an iPhone, but I do see how that might generate some interest in Toodledo's Notebook.

I'd still like to hear about other uses of the notebook, however. :)

This message was edited Sep 19, 2008.
aldonc

Posted: Sep 19, 2008
I use Evernote and I just use it to capture random bits of info. This isn't specifically Toodledo's notebook but I read your question a little more generically that that (a notebook rather than the notebook). A few things that are in it right now:

-I am doing some research for something that's going to turn into a project a work (I have a Toodledo task that is Planning). I don't want this info in the task because when I check it off, it's more-or-less gone. Plus Evernote does screen captures of web pages and those don't fit in the notes of a task.
-I ran across some investment ideas while reading the paper (the old low-tech version) and I took a picture with my iPhone. Now that's in Evernote with some amount of OCR so I can search for it.
-Travel reminders
-Commons specs for things on my motorcycles that don't stick in my head - tire sizes, pressures, etc.
-I've c&p'd some info from these forums as I was trying to figure out how to use folders, contexts, and sub-tasks in a way that made sense to me for tasks & projects.

I really like the fact that a picture can become a note in Evernote and OCR can make is searchable. I also like the integration with firefox and Outlook so it's easy to clip what I want without a bunch of typing.

I would like it all to be in Toodledo and I continue to watch the improvements in Notebook. I really like Evernote but will move to Toodledo notebook when it fits my needs.

Aldon
keef

Posted: Sep 20, 2008
Is the API likely to be extended to support adding/editing/deleting Notebook items? A few people out there seem to be interested in synching the Notebook to Outlook notes.

keef
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, there is an API for the notebook, but we have not published the documentation yet. If you want to use it, I can explain it via email. Just let me know.
J-Mac

aldonc,

No, I also use Evernote - longtime user through EN2.2, and just giving EN3 a good test, along with several others that I have accumulated over time, including OneNote 2007, AM-Notebook, Ultra Recall, and my current personal favorite - SQLNotes. (Whew! I know - that's a lot of Notes apps!)

I really was inquiring about the Toodledo Notebook specifically. :)

If notes within the Toodledo Notebook were ever able to be linked directly from associated tasks - IOW, instead of using the individual task notes field - I might consider using it more extensively. Not high priority for me, though. Personally I would hope to see other features worked on first.

Thanks!

Jim
aldonc

Posted: Sep 21, 2008
Jim,
you need a notes program to keep track of your notes programs!

Wasn't sure which you were asking about specifically so offered an opinion. I agree that tighter integration with tasks would be a useful thing to do.

I was sort of putting in a plug for features I'd like to see in the notebook. :-)

aldon
prm

Posted: Sep 21, 2008
NOTEBOOK is a good idea & using it for JOTTING DAILY routine work.
But to my surprise - I lost the data in NOTEBOOK - is it because too much of texh - close to 50 lines are so I had in the NOTEBOOK.
Is there any limitation on no. of lines or characters in NOTEBOOK.
Also it will be a good idea to enable CTRL+S for saving.
Everytime pressing SAVE CHANGES takes time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2008
There is no limit to the number of characters or lines that you can have in a notebook entry. Actually, there is a limit, but unless you are typing an entire book into the note, you won't ever reach it.

I am very sorry if you lost information. Please submit a bug report with some more information so we can figure out what happened.

Thanks
iPhone2Droid

Posted: Sep 29, 2008
iPhone users, I didn't notice this mentioned above (no coffee yet today), but be aware that Appigo has released its "NoteBook" app. I believe it's in the Productivity section of the App Store. Works marvelously with ToodleDo's NoteBook(s).
Scott

Posted: Oct 05, 2008
I would prefer to see a Toodledo option to set font size that is independent of Firefox. I dislike having to make all my pages with the larger size font.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 05, 2008
michael.emery

Posted: Oct 10, 2008
I'm am now on my knees begging you to consider providing seperate folders for the Notebook. Per the messages in the Questions Forum, there is no logical link to Notepad folder organisation and Task folder organisation.

You guys have done an outstanding job building ToodleDo with limited resources so I know my request would not happen over night, so I'd be happy if you just teased me a little morsel of hope! :-D
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2008
charlotte

Posted: Jan 04, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
A new section has been added to Toodledo called the "Notebook". You can find the link in the left hand sidebar. This is place for you to record all of your project notes, reference material or other information that is not necessarily a task or related to a task.
I have the task list sync'd to Outlook. Is there a way top have the Notebooks in Outlook too? Charlotte

This message was edited Jan 04, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 04, 2009
I don't think there is a way to sync notes with Outlook, but if this is something that you want, please let the developer know at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
charlotte

Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Posted by creative:
How do you backup the data in the Notebook? Can you export it to XML with the rest of the task data and use it as a backup file?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.